The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Australian Classic Car Magazine (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54087)

ensteele 04-14-2010 11:28 PM

Australian Classic Car Magazine

Adam Davis who is a freelance journalist has been commissioned to produce a piece on the Subaru SVX for the Australian Classic Car Magazine. He wrote to me and asked me to post here and ask any members in Victoria to contact him if you would be interested in having your car featured in the magazine which would include a photo session. If a group of you wanted to get together and do this, it may be fun to do as well.

He can be contacted at - adam at lautista dot com dot au

Let us know when the article will be out and please post it. :)

svxcess 04-15-2010 10:06 AM

Re: Australian Classic Car Magazine

It would be great to get the name of the magazine. Wonder if they ship internationally.

svxistentialist 04-15-2010 11:23 AM

John are you not at all bothered by email harvesting spam generating spider bots???

I thought that was why Earl wrote out the email address in that fashion. Maybe the email address is the guy's private address or something. :confused:

I NEVER ever publish my email address on a forum. I get enough trash and spam to last me a lifetime as it stands.

Joe

svxcess 04-15-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 642972)
John are you not at all bothered by email harvesting spam generating spider bots???

I thought that was why Earl wrote out the email address in that fashion. Maybe the email address is the guy's private address or something. :confused:

I NEVER ever publish my email address on a forum. I get enough trash and spam to last me a lifetime as it stands.

Joe

Sorry, Joe.

FIXED MY POST

svxistentialist 04-15-2010 01:56 PM

No problem John.

I thought possibly that the guy asked Earl to write it that way, as it's not Earl's usual format.

Me, I'm paranoid. :) :rolleyes:

[Just saying that so the ones that are out to get me know that I know and I'm waiting for them. And I'm prepared.]

:D

K_Dub 04-15-2010 02:22 PM

Just a guess, based on the email address, but I'll bet this is the magazine in question. Fun site, I've been reading their articles this morning. Can't wait to see a writeup on the SVX in there.

Dessertrunner 04-17-2010 05:12 PM

I have corresponded with Adam from the magzine and I expect that we will get a car to him for photos.
Tony

ensteele 04-17-2010 11:37 PM

I got an email from him. He gave me his email address and it was in the regular format. I wrote it that way so it would not be harvested by a bot. I thought it would be better to do that when I was trying to help him. It was my call, he did not ask it to be done that way. If there are any other quesitons, let me know. :)

svxistentialist 04-18-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 643206)
I got an email from him. He gave me his email address and it was in the regular format. I wrote it that way so it would not be harvested by a bot. I thought it would be better to do that when I was trying to help him. It was my call, he did not ask it to be done that way. If there are any other quesitons, let me know. :)

'S all right Earl.

That was just me being my usual paranoid self.

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Dessertrunner 05-01-2010 03:31 AM

Well guys just got back from the photo shoot for the story, Colin's car looks brilliant, everything was perfect on it. A bit different to my old girl, I think Adams guys were blow away with the number of k's mine has done.
Have a great day all.
Tony

ensteele 05-01-2010 08:15 AM

Good to hear it. Let us know when the article comes out. :)

NeedForSpeed 05-01-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 645332)
Good to hear it. Let us know when the article comes out. :)

+1, I would enjoy seeing the article :)

OzBloke 05-02-2010 05:04 AM

I take my hat off to Tony. Driving over 450km Saturday morning from Griffith NSW to Melbourne then driving back home after spending time with Adam, the editor, and the photographers. A massive effort! The amount of information that Tony was also able to share for the story was fantastic.

Fingers crossed they will produce a great article with great pics. Looking forward to seeing the result.

Cheers

Colin

NeedForSpeed 05-02-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzBloke (Post 645407)
I take my hat off to Tony. Driving over 450km Saturday morning from Griffith NSW to Melbourne then driving back home after spending time with Adam, the editor, and the photographers. A massive effort! The amount of information that Tony was also able to share for the story was fantastic.

Fingers crossed they will produce a great article with great pics. Looking forward to seeing the result.

Cheers

Colin

+1 :cool:,
that was a long, but fun day, good work Tony :)

Dessertrunner 06-22-2010 03:49 AM

The story is not in the mag but posted on a web site here it is.

http://lautista.com.au/01/

Tony