The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   An Aussie In America (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44842)

AUSVX 05-21-2008 02:00 AM

An Aussie In America

So I'm in America to see my girlfriend, I've been here for over a week now, HAVEN'T seen one SVX, what's going on???

Been to Santa Barbara (didn't expect to see one there)
Been in LA for a week haven't seen one
Going to San Fran tomorrow for 3 days, if anyone that i've spoken to through the SVX network is from San Fran, let me know if you wanna meet up
Going to San Diego on the 24th, let me know if you wanna meet up.. I'd also like to see an SVX in America, so someone let me know if you wanna meet up.
Will be in Union Square in San Fran and Hard Rock in San Diego

Cheers, Jordan.

ensteele 05-21-2008 07:55 AM

I know where there are a couple in Washington State. :lol:

dcarrb 05-21-2008 08:49 AM

I saw one SVX in the late 1990s at a Vermont Subaru dealership (just a glimpse from afar) and another heading in the opposite direction on a divided highway near Murphy, North Carolina in late 2003 or early '04. Other than my own, that's it. There just aren't many to be seen.

dcb

Zeppelin 05-21-2008 10:54 AM

Come out to Denver, I see at least one a week.

GreenMarine 05-21-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuRbZ (Post 548358)
So I'm in America to see my girlfriend, I've been here for over a week now, HAVEN'T seen one SVX, what's going on???

Going to San Fran tomorrow for 3 days, if anyone that i've spoken to through the SVX network is from San Fran, let me know if you wanna meet up
Going to San Diego on the 24th, let me know if you wanna meet up.. I'd also like to see an SVX in America, so someone let me know if you wanna meet up.

Cheers, Jordan.

Hey man, if you come out east (North Carolina), let me know! I'm another Aussie out here too :)... Originally from Adelaide, South Australia :p

~ Chris

CorSVXette 05-22-2008 10:23 AM

You need to go out to New Jersey. The SVX capital of the world:lol:

Mike621 05-22-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorSVXette (Post 548534)
You need to go out to New Jersey. The SVX capital of the world:lol:

This is true. We have 1/2 of an SVX rising out of the floor next the computer and another 1/2 dozen 6 or more on hand at any time. :lol:

Wikedjuggalo 05-22-2008 01:07 PM

yeah I've seen 2 in my life. One I own and the one that lives down the street from me :D

Gr8Dane 05-23-2008 06:02 AM

not exactly a common sight, but I see the same 5 or 6 around town here on a regular basis :)

AUSVX 05-23-2008 12:58 PM

Hahaha, oh well, i still haven't seen one and im in San Fran now, if anyone wants to come by the hard rock cafe hotel in San Diego, that'd be cool.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since i've seen an SVX (mine)

Thanks for the feedback, Jordan.

RallyBob 05-23-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Cheers, Jordan.

Connecticut (northeast coast) has heaps of them. I see them all the time. Probably because New Englanders buy most of the Subarus imported into the US anyway. And Connecticut is expensive enough that some people just wanted to different and didn't mind spending the extra cash on them when they were new.

subi-crosser 05-23-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Cheers, Jordan.

Biggest prob is that you are on the LEFT coast!! They crush SVXi to get 'carbon credits'. You need to get on the 'Right side' of the country to see old cars. ( That's all we can afford to drive)

Cynic 05-24-2008 07:53 AM

Here ya go

Check this out, and PM them for a get together.:)http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...=San+Francisco

GreenMarine 05-24-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 548548)
yeah I've seen 2 in my life. One I own and the one that lives down the street from me :D

Dude, you're just over an hour from me... One of the closest SVXi to me that's for sure... Then again there is atleast two other red SVXi here in Raleigh. Ran into one of them randomly and talked to him at a traffic light. And the other red one is owned by the Subaru service tech "Quincy" at Southern States Subaru in north Raleigh.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...837463&t=h&z=9

~ Chris

PaulDexler 05-26-2008 09:01 PM

SVX in So. Cal.

Hi Jordan,
When you come back from SF, let me know, you can see my '92 Pearlie. Actually, I'm going to be in the Bay Area later this week, Thursday through Monday, for a family affair, and the SVX will be in the shop, getting its bruised nose repaired. I'll be back Monday evening, and should have the SVX back the following day. I have two acquaintences who have SVXs, but I've only seen one of them. Subaru didn't push the SVX in So. Cal, because with our generally good weather, they didn't feel it was worth it to push AWD. Aside from the one guy who brings his to the Petersen Museum occasionally, I've only seen one other on the street since I got mine last year.There are a half dozen on the Net here in Southern California, but I've been struggling to put together a meet. The director of the Petersen Museum thinks it would be cool to have a meet there, as he'd even like to see a few SVXs together, but nobody seems interested.
Send me a message, and I can at least let you see ONE.
Paul