The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Couple Reasons to HATE German cars (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44838)

TomsSVX 05-20-2008 04:39 PM

Couple Reasons to HATE German cars

1. Wheel bolts... whose dumb ass idea what that??
2. Parts.... good luck finding them
3. Transmissions... Why the hell are you using inverted torx for bell housing bolts????????!?!!?!?!?!???!!!!
4. Mystery nosies... good luck finding them
5. Ball joints.... never last worth a ****
6. Tan interior... gets brown in a year
7. Lifetime transmission fluid.... This was meant as a joke right??
8. AT dipstick.... good luck finding it

I have an 03 525i and a 96 a4 quattro I am working on right now... THEY SUCK!!!

I needed to vent

Tom

mysvxrocks 05-20-2008 04:45 PM

Well... when I went to Germany, they sure looked nice over there :lol::lol:

Tell you what, put those aside, and come over to the West coast and work on a couple SVX's over here that I know need work! :p

JaySVX 05-20-2008 04:47 PM

That's funny because I was looking to buy either a bmw 325/328is or audi a4 for my next daily driver...

Crazy_pilot 05-20-2008 05:04 PM

I refuse to ever buy a German car until they pull their heads out of their asses and design them to be more tech-friendly.

Tom, look into getting one of these:

http://www.type-911.co.uk/images/spe...ols/hanger.gif

You remove one lug bolt, then thread the rod in, and remove the other four bolts. The wheel will hang on the rod instead of falling off/clobbering you. Just wait till you have to work on a BMW X5 with the 19" wheels. The suckers weigh like 80 lbs.

I bought a set from Snap-On, there are two rods with different threads. The two cost $40 or so.

GreenMarine 05-20-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 548276)
1. Wheel bolts... whose dumb ass idea what that??
2. Parts.... good luck finding them
3. Transmissions... Why the hell are you using inverted torx for bell housing bolts????????!?!!?!?!?!???!!!!
4. Mystery nosies... good luck finding them
5. Ball joints.... never last worth a ****
6. Tan interior... gets brown in a year
7. Lifetime transmission fluid.... This was meant as a joke right??
8. AT dipstick.... good luck finding it

I have an 03 525i and a 96 a4 quattro I am working on right now... THEY SUCK!!!

I needed to vent

Tom

It's funny because I've seen alot of them on the side of the road, hoods up and owners/driver & or passenger stairing aimlessly into the engine bay... I just think to myself "Damn, they're effed..."... If you see one of them with the hood up it's probably dot going anywhere under it's own power till it goes in to be serviced... My little VW Rabbit Diesel on the other hand, I loved that car... I just got tired of replacing parts and working on it all the time... Hopefully I'll buy it back sometime soon though :)

~ Chris

crazyhorse 05-20-2008 05:59 PM

German industrial equipment is no better. No matter how trivial the failure, you have to remove it's tonsils through it's a$$hole. Good riddance to complex german copies of outmoded 'murican equipment.

demonsvx 05-20-2008 06:39 PM

They over-engineer almost everything, why do think they lost World War 2? I like the K.I.S.S. theory- keep it simple stupid:D

Tim 05-20-2008 07:16 PM

I want to lease an A5 if i ever get the money for it. I would never own one because maintenence would be a pain.

Speedklix 05-20-2008 07:37 PM

We had a turbo 100 on one lift and my legacy on the other... it was just down right hilarious to look at / examine the various components of each...
Then we started talking about how often said components need to be replaced...
Then the cost...

If I was in the room when wheel studs were invented... I'd of requested philips head to prevent them from rounding off :rolleyes:

Hondasucks 05-20-2008 08:24 PM

Usually BMWs have a stud in the tool kit in the trunk that threads into one of the wheel stud holes so you can hang the wheel from it which you put the rest of the studs in, but I agree, who's assinine idea was that?

YourConfused 05-20-2008 08:35 PM

I have wasted too much time working on those stupid German cars, but the BMW's are not as bad as the rest. Oh, and the Jags suck too.

lhopp77 05-20-2008 10:28 PM

Humm

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 548333)
I have wasted too much time working on those stupid German cars, but the BMW's are not as bad as the rest. Oh, and the Jags suck too.

I don't think the Jags are German or were you just trying to add British cars?:)

Lee

zukiru 05-20-2008 11:09 PM

I'm about to start work on a Jag... (maybe... if I can avoid my step bro I won't have to)

YourConfused 05-20-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77 (Post 548344)
I don't think the Jags are German or were you just trying to add British cars?:)

Lee

just adding to the list of cars that suck
sorry for being off topic

Hondasucks 05-21-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 548333)

lol you think Jags are bad, try working on a Rolls-Royce... 32 (!) bolts on the torque converter, 16 for the strut tower... $748 for a power seat switch!