The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Glove Box (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12289)

Bobb 07-29-2003 08:12 PM

Glove Box

Hi everyone, My problem with the glove box is the fact that it has no sides. The two support pieces/rods let stuff past themselves towards the out side and the door will not shut. Or is that just the way mine is? Take care, BOBB

P/S I don't have any gloves in my glove box. Is that a mistake?

ensteele 07-29-2003 10:14 PM

Bob

Remember it is a "glove box" - not a suitcase! I try to get too much in mine, but gave up. I put the important papers in it and a pair of "Gloves" and put the rest of the stuff in the trunk or middle console. That seems to work better. You could always try sitting on it! :D

CDG 07-29-2003 10:55 PM

Yup, me too, no room in the Glove box. Gave up. I use the doors, console, trunk, back seat, and the floor.

Shot king 07-30-2003 10:19 AM

mine seems to have an autmatic opener on it. It opens by itself everytime i get on the gas

Bobb 07-30-2003 12:08 PM

Glove Box

Hi SK, Maybe the glove box door is acting like an air brake. It could happen. Take care, BOBB

Aredubjay 07-30-2003 12:12 PM

I never put gloves in the glove box. They slide around an hang up in the rails when I try to close it. I put my gloves in the under seat tray. I use the glove box for napkins and my little SVX folder, which I strap to the very back with the big black rubber band (that, I'll bet, some of you didn't even know was there :D)

Bobb 07-30-2003 12:16 PM

Big rubber band

Hi Randy, Thats where I have the leather case that holds the owners manual and service book. It has a place for a pen but my pen was MIA. By the way, how many people in a rubber band. Take care, BOBB

svx_commuter 07-30-2003 12:31 PM

I use the black strap Jack to hold a map. :D I also moved "stuff' to other places after realizing "it isn't working".

ensteele 07-30-2003 01:20 PM

Actually, it was a penlight that went in the middle of the folder, not a pen. FYI :)

Aredubjay 07-30-2003 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Actually, it was a penlight that went in the middle of the folder, not a pen. FYI :)
Yes, I know. I have one! :p

ensteele 07-30-2003 02:11 PM

Randy

I have several! :eek: :p :p :p :p

:eek:

:p

Subafreak 07-30-2003 05:58 PM

What black strap?

The only thing I ever put in my glove box is my CD case, it fits like it belongs there. I keep my reg and a few maps in the underseat tray and 2 FRS radios in the center consol, and thats about it. Hell I don't even have spare tire or jack in my car.

lee 07-30-2003 06:08 PM

I too use the black elastic strap to hold the owner's manual folder. Then I have a small vinyl folder that I keep my registration, insurance paper, and receipts in. Finally, a couple of ATM deposit envelopes just in case money should ever be available to go in, instead of out, of my account.

My glove box door sticks something terrible, but I don't know why. I've had the thing off a couple of times for replacing the security module and testing door lock issues. However, I've never been able to figure out what it's hanging up on - ideas to try?

Bobb 07-30-2003 06:41 PM

Hang ups

Hi Lee, I'll go with the pesky ATM deposit forms. Take care, BOBB

Chicane 07-30-2003 07:47 PM

I have a ton of crap in mine:

Owners black case with manual/warranty information, proof of insurance

digital tire gauge

WI map

"What if its all B.S" postcard

Reciepts

Phone charger

and a lot more stuff that I can't remember.

- Rob