The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reading III -- Columbus & Beyond (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3153)

Aredubjay 03-15-2002 02:09 PM

Reading III -- Columbus & Beyond

My wife and I will leave for the Reading meet on Thursday night (April 4), after I get off work. We'll drive for four or 5 hours 'til we get to somewhere between Cincinatti and Columbus and catch some rest. Once we leave the motel, We expect to be in the Columbus area around 10 AM (Give or take -- probably give). If there are any SVXers coming from the west who want to join us around that time, it'd be fun to caravan in. I'll also be meeting up with Zeppelin, somewhere on the other side of the Pittsburgh exit on the turnpike. Anyone else coming from that direction? I'm hoping to create an SVX snowball and roll into Morgantown with as many as we can.

Green1995SVX 03-15-2002 02:27 PM

I'm leaving pittsburgh at around 3 on thursday evening... depending on the traffic, i might still be there on friday when you come thru. :D ;)

-Mike

Aredubjay 03-15-2002 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I'm leaving pittsburgh at around 3 on thursday evening... depending on the traffic, i might still be there on friday when you come thru. :D ;)

-Mike

HA! You gotta love that turnpike. :D

TRIVIA: The PA turnpike was the United State's FIRST interstate highway. Trouble is, it shows it. :D

Green1995SVX 03-15-2002 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

HA! You gotta love that turnpike. :D

TRIVIA: The PA turnpike was the United State's FIRST interstate highway. Trouble is, it shows it. :D

I would say that about 50% of the miles ive put on my car have been on the turnpike... When you travel it so often, you just get desensatized to horrible wrecks, construction, and people going 95mph in 2 narrow lanes with a wall of rock on one side of the road and a cliff on the other. Not to mention, paying $4 for a gross turnpike hot dog from one of those 'travel plazas.' My favorite turnpike quote. "I've never seen a Sentra move that fast!"

Although, i'm guilty. Just look at my driving record.

-Mike

Zeppelin 03-15-2002 04:04 PM

I hope to be meeting up with ya Randy (and others) east of Pitsburgh..

mohrds 03-15-2002 04:33 PM

<<If there are any SVXers coming from the west who want to join us around that time, it'd be fun to caravan in.>>

Lets pick a wayside on the Ohio turnpike to meet at. I believe Colin and I will be carvaning by then as well.

Doug

BLKSVX92 03-15-2002 04:59 PM

I'll hopefully be leaving with Doug....:D oh by the way....anyone still not made reservations yet...i still need to :(

LarryIII 03-15-2002 05:55 PM

Randy,

I spoke to Uncle & Auntie Worn today. Each one is coming to Reading III with his/her own SVX.

Larry III
(A chapter in my life closed today. Hopefully God will help me start another, real soon.)

Aredubjay 03-15-2002 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Randy,

I spoke to Uncle & Auntie Worn today. Each one is coming to Reading III with his/her own SVX.

Larry III
(A chapter in my life closed today. Hopefully God will help me start another, real soon.)

The first part is great news.

The second part is good news in that, when man shuts a door, God opens a window. I'll keep you in my thoughts Larry.

montypython 03-16-2002 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
<<If there are any SVXers coming from the west who want to join us around that time, it'd be fun to caravan in.>>

Lets pick a wayside on the Ohio turnpike to meet at. I believe Colin and I will be carvaning by then as well.

Doug

Doug, did you get my email? Which route are you taking.