The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Site traffic (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63216)

michael 12-24-2014 07:02 PM

Site traffic

Is it me or are things a little slow around here? Seems like Facebook has a lot more activity. I hope that doesn't effect the ability to maintain the site :( This place has way too much useful info to let go. A year ago 10 people were posting replies to help others with problems. Now it takes longer for somebody to reply if they do at all. Not complaining, just an scary observation. I just bought a part online that might have been serviceable. That would not have happened a while ago. I may have just been impatient or lazy but it's water over the dam now.

P.S. I try to stop by here at least once a day to check out the 4 to 5 new posts. Tell me it's just the holidays causing the inactivity.:confused:

Sean486 12-24-2014 08:16 PM

Re: Site traffic

I have noticed it as well.

Conn SVX 12-24-2014 09:11 PM

I am on 3 times a day. I can't answer many questions. Have been an SVX owner for 19 years but don't do a lot if my own work. I try to answer what I can.

92snowmachine 12-25-2014 09:45 AM

I check the site daily and am a master ase certified mechanic and operate my own shop. I try not to answer too many questions to not look like a know it all and avoid disagreements over theory or methods. There are many ways to arrive at the same diagnosis or fix and opinions on them differ. If any one has a pressing question feel free to pm me. I would like to see more people post questions. It seems that is the shortage.

Conn SVX 12-25-2014 11:57 AM

We have a lot of one time posters. iE : My car won't start just clicks. They get an answer and you never hear if it was resolved. They never post again. Bet we have 1,000 2 time poster:mad:

SVX_MY_BABY 12-25-2014 01:28 PM

I never look at the facebook site. Don't like facebook.

I have noticed a reduced number of post here. I wonder if it's because there are fewer svxs.

theflystyle 12-25-2014 02:32 PM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one checking in multiple times a day :).

I also have a slightly different thought when it comes to forums like these. The advice and discussions don't always just apply to SVX but instead can be overall helpful to whatever you may be driving.

svxcess 12-25-2014 04:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)

I have seen a steady drop-off as well. I never log off and am here every day at various times.

I took screen shots less than 2 weeks apart recently. I could not believe I was the only one online in the entire world. Never encountered this before

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1419552426

Sometimes days go by without a new thread on anything, just updates on existing ones.

And only .07% of the total members are active? And back in February we had 141 online at the same time?

bwb3 12-26-2014 05:59 AM

Ditto on Faceboook, never did like the format. I check in here every day, habit, like reading the daily newspaper.

wdb 12-26-2014 07:22 AM

What's Facebook? :p :lol: Annoyingly, my mother and dad have been using it more and more, and I'm their "computer guru" so I can't avoid it. It's the busiest interface I have ever seen. It takes several minutes just to find the button I'm looking for, and then it doesn't do what I expect it to do. For example yesterday my dad was trying to find pictures from some Australian relatives; the clickable icon said "231 pictures" but when I clicked on it the page came up "No pictures".

W.
T.
Actual.
F.

Site traffic: the cars were always rare and are getting older; each year there are fewer of them. I would expect site traffic to go down over time but to stabilize at some point. For myself, I came here when I bought the SVX looking for advice and camaraderie, and found plenty of both. Even though the SVX is gone I like the atmosphere and the folks here, so I pop in a few times a week. I hope to be able to continue doing so!

Blacky 12-26-2014 09:50 AM

This is a quiet site. We are a dying breed. So is genvibe.com, a Pontiac Vibe/Matrix site I frequent. It's a more recent car but as predominantly econo/grocery getters, the members are neither knowledgeable nor frequent visitors. I also frequent subaruoutback.org which has a very active bunch of members and many hundreds of posts a day. Particularly the new 2015 MY owners.

We recently bought a BMW 535i GT xDrive and I joined bimmerfest.com. It's the busiest car forum I have ever seen. 200,000 members and in 10-15 minutes there are sometimes 6 or more pages of posts. If it weren't for the email notifications I'd be lost trying to find things. Forums are also broken down into individual series, sub-series, and years.

P.S. I don't nor ever will do facebook. It annoys me greatly.

SVXRide 12-26-2014 06:18 PM

consider what people come to a site for - to get questions answered, to bounce ideas off of others, to organize group buys, to buy/sell parts, to brag about their car(s)' abilities, organize get togethers. These are all activities that need to occur in an environment of trust and mutual respect, as well as recognition of others' efforts and the value of their blood, sweat, and tears.

Ask yourselves, has the behavior of members over the last year or two served the intent of a healthy SVX site? Realize that those of us that have been around for a long time have formed friendships that will last a lifetime and go beyond owning an SVX or two or three or ...

Cheers
Bill

immortal_suby 12-27-2014 05:22 AM

I still check in once a day. :)

fasteract7 12-27-2014 06:03 AM

Been around since 1999, albeit, had to reregister when I got my 2nd SVX 5/13.
Visit daily, have had SVX gurus actually give me their contact # to personally answer/clarify questions I posted. The couple items I purchased from listers all went perfectly....

I look forward to the time when I can attend one of the Meets and match faces to the names.

Cheers,

dbarnblatt 12-27-2014 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 737971)
We recently bought a BMW 535i GT xDrive and I joined bimmerfest.com. It's the busiest car forum I have ever seen. 200,000 members and in 10-15 minutes there are sometimes 6 or more pages of posts. If it weren't for the email notifications I'd be lost trying to find things. Forums are also broken down into individual series, sub-series, and years.

I always thought that the SVX forum was working great in iClub (now NASIOC) way back when... Not a bad thing to be part of the largest Subaru community on the web and promote the SVX thing to people outside of our core group.

Not me commenting... but Imprezer (founder)... but I sort of felt the same way when we left. Maybe it was because I had a WRX as well!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1419708485