The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   hopefully i convinced him (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55755)

Gamesy 10-17-2010 04:16 AM

hopefully i convinced him

on my local craigs list this guy is parting out a 92 fully functional svx with only 115,000k. i told him to post on here instead of parting that low km car out. hopefully he does and not rip up a lowkm car

SSSVX 10-17-2010 04:22 AM

Re: hopefully i convinced him

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 660683)
on my local craigs list this guy is parting out a 92 fully functional svx with only 115,000k. i told him to post on here instead of parting that low km car out. hopefully he does and not rip up a lowkm car

115,000kilometers = 71,473miles :eek:

buy it from him
or help him to sell the whole car
why part it out? :rolleyes:

Alex-svx 10-17-2010 04:47 AM

I also hope you convinced him also. And its not mutch 115000km on the car. Mine have go 250000km and its feels smoot and nice to drive.
Just the auto tranny that have been problems. But whit 5speed the car is perfeck. ;) So long the rust dont have attack the car. Then its worth to care of the car.:)

Blacky 10-17-2010 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 660683)

You should buy it. You're rich.;)

LetItSnow 10-17-2010 07:50 AM

If the difference in your wallet can be $1000+, a partout can be appealing if you don't have any sort of emotional ties to the car. If the car has got to go, and if you don't want to take a bath, it's not hard to turn some wrenches and feed the market.

The biggest problem right now is that the SVX does not pull cash in quantity or ease on the market and is commonly an "in progress" car, and as such, is worth more in parts than it is in whole even in good, running condition.

Consider the return on investment that happens, and it's pretty apparent why this happens.

ensteele 10-17-2010 11:29 AM

In 2000, there were few parts available. If there was one being parted out, that was a source of parts. Now, it seems that there are so many parts on the market because of so many being parted out, parts are easy to get. It is too bad that there are so many people out there that don't care much about this car and look at it as only a way to make some money by selling parts. :(

LetItSnow 10-17-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 660715)
It is too bad that there are so many people out there that don't care much about this car and look at it as only a way to make some money by selling parts. :(

If the SVX could be sold for what it's worth "spiritually", then this wouldn't be a problem. Not everybody is willing to surrender four digits' worth of cash in order to save them, though, and that's the bottom line.

I could probably give my still unsold Pearly away, but it's got a fresh engine, a good windshield, all the parts for a 5MT swap, GCs, Nevin's bar, and a lot of other in-demand pieces (working power window switch for the driver's door, anyone?) that could quickly add up to more than what I'd get with a raw sale.

How much am I willing to throw to SVX religion in order to save one? That's hard to say. How about you - any of you? $5k? $3k? Money doesn't grow on trees, and for some folks, it barely grows at all.

It's hard to face, but the car is just metal and plastic in its simplest form. Some people can see that easier than others.

All: Don't light me up because I'm speaking the truth. It's real, and you have to accept it.

icingdeath88 10-17-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 660721)
If the SVX could be sold for what it's worth "spiritually", then this wouldn't be a problem. Not everybody is willing to surrender four digits' worth of cash in order to save them, though, and that's the bottom line.

I could probably give my still unsold Pearly away, but it's got a fresh engine, a good windshield, all the parts for a 5MT swap, GCs, Nevin's bar, and a lot of other in-demand pieces (working power window switch for the driver's door, anyone?) that could quickly add up to more than what I'd get with a raw sale.

How much am I willing to throw to SVX religion in order to save one? That's hard to say. How about you - any of you? $5k? $3k? Money doesn't grow on trees, and for some folks, it barely grows at all.

It's hard to face, but the car is just metal and plastic in its simplest form. Some people can see that easier than others.

All: Don't light me up because I'm speaking the truth. It's real, and you have to accept it.

How much are you asking for your car?

LetItSnow 10-17-2010 03:04 PM

I'd love to get $3k for it, considering how much of it is new, improved, freshened, added, present and functioning. I don't see that happening. My first problem is that the clutch is slipping - probably glazed for some reason... it and the flywheel don't have more than a few thousand miles on them. Selling it for $2k is practically an insult, and any less than that is like charity, and at that price point, it will likely go to someone whose budget won't let it keep up, anyway. What if these were your shoes? Is it right for me to throw $2k to the wind to send the machine down death row anyway?

Gamesy 10-18-2010 10:29 AM

they guy got back to me,

he said the car's been sitting for 7years, it starts needs brakes and the shifter wont move.

Mike621 10-18-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 660812)
they guy got back to me,

he said the car's been sitting for 7years, it starts needs brakes and the shifter wont move.

Shift cable seized?

dcarrb 10-18-2010 10:58 AM

Unfortunately, cars don't just sit in place for 7 years unless they have major problems.

dcb

Gamesy 10-18-2010 12:15 PM

dunno i may go take a look at it if its close

sd2649 10-21-2010 10:24 PM

I'm guessing it wasn't close?

Gamesy 10-23-2010 12:19 PM

nah he wasnt that close. and i havnt had time to go, he did get back to be he already had offers like 700 for the engine and 500 for each door. so clearly he's gonna want more for the ful car than he's getting in parts