The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Hocrest's dad (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53273)

subeman90 02-25-2010 05:09 AM

Hocrest's dad

I read on Facebook (his sister Bev the one with the restaurant posted it) this morning that his dad died sometime yesterday. He has been sick for awhile. Lets all keep Dave and his family in our hearts and prayers.

SilverSpear 02-25-2010 05:25 AM

Re: Hocrest's dad

Sorry to hear, may God rest his soul. :o

michael 02-25-2010 05:34 AM

I'm sorry Dave, that's a huge loss. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

benebob 02-25-2010 06:16 AM

Call if you need anything Dave!

Hocrest 02-25-2010 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone...

He has had a 40 year history of heart problems and diabetes. Due to kidney failure he's been on dialysis for almost 4 years. :(

During this time he raised three wonderful daughters and one son... He started three businesses in the medical field that helped to improve the lives of thousands of patients needing medical equipment in their homes. He often went out of his way and encouraged his employees to help those with special needs beyond the normal scope of business; running errands, taking turkeys and gifts during the holidays and even just taking the time to sit and talk with a lonely patient who had no other visitors or family other that the person who delivered their oxygen tanks...

About a year ago, due to repeated infections on his right foot and toes, they took his right foot. He was strong and fought through the pain and months of physical therapy. The joy and pride on his face when he was first able to stand after months spent in bed and chairs was priceless. In November he was able to return home after seven months spent in various hospitals, rehab's and nursing facilities. He spent three wonderful months at home with his wife, family and friends nearby. Earlier this month he again returned to the hospital with an infection in his left foot. Last Monday they took his left foot.

Tuesday afternoon after meeting with his family, pastor and doctors, he decided to stop dialysis and most testing and medications other than the medications for the pain from his recent amputation. He was able to spend the last 24 hours of his life surrounded by his family and friends.

Wednesday afternoon he died, peacefully and without pain...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1267112109.jpg

shelfy 02-25-2010 09:15 AM

I am so sorry to read this Dave. My thoughts are with you.

svxfiles 02-25-2010 09:50 AM

I am sorry for your loss Dave.
I know you were close.

ARED 97 02-25-2010 10:09 AM

Our condolences to you and your family. Sounds like he was quite a guy and really made a difference in peoples lives, he will be watching over you all.

Mike621 02-25-2010 11:53 AM

Dave, I'm really sorry to hear about this. Condolences to you and your family. :(

bwb3 02-25-2010 01:03 PM

Dave, I know how difficult this must be for you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Gene and Ben

Tim 02-25-2010 01:10 PM

My condolences Dave. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

subi-crosser 02-25-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 636217)
I am sorry for your loss Dave.
I know you were close.

Sounds like he was a great man... Sorry, Dave

NeedForSpeed 02-25-2010 03:08 PM

Sounds like he had a life well lived,
I know that you will miss him deeply,

NikFu S. 02-25-2010 04:02 PM

:( .

Hocrest 02-25-2010 07:07 PM

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers and calls...

The other week we were talking and somehow the conversation turned to cars and the upcoming Reading Meet. In the past he has always wintered in Florida, this year he was going to stay up here until he got his prosthesis. He was looking forward to meeting many of the friends from this community that I have talked to him about over the years.