The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Back in the Saddle Again . . . (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3033)

Aredubjay 03-07-2002 02:17 PM

Back in the Saddle Again . . .

Just got back from picking up my car. Shifts are butter smooth, and, so far, no leaks. Of course, I only drove it the two or three miles from the shop to my office. The "tell" will be on the road home tonight (40 miles) and after it sits a night in the driveway.

I won't get too excited for fear I'll jynx something.

According to the owner, my leak (that made me take it back in Monday after leaking all weekend from picking it up last Thursday) was from them accidentally cutting the seal when re-installing the dipstick tube (they completed a break in the dipstick handle, which was cracked, and I've been careful not to crack it -- a new one's on the way from subaruparts.com).

They said that the slippage they were experiencing, after putting things back together (remember, I was driving with the resistor unpllugged to avoid the slippage), was more than likely caused by the TCU "re-learning," since, after they plugged it back in, the more they drove it, the better the pressure got. I would contend that the slippage was coming from the leak in the seal, myself, but, I'm no tranny tech.

At any rate, I hope and I pray that this chapter of my SVX story is over. I look forward to many trouble free miles (at least, trannywise).

Those of you going to Reading --- I'LL SEE YOU THERE!!!!

PS: The bill for my car's monthlong stay at the luxurious (really a "Billy's" service stationesque) tranny shop, came to $0000.00. Not counting the rental.

Mr. Pockets 03-07-2002 02:22 PM

What about that 'shudder' or whatever that you said you felt last week?

SHISVX 03-07-2002 02:27 PM

glad to hear that you got your car back. hopefully everything is fine this time!!

Kelli

mohrds 03-07-2002 02:31 PM

I'm making the sacrifice to the tranny gods right now so she keeps running smoothly.

Where'd that damn calf run off to now...

Doug

Mr. Pockets 03-07-2002 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
I'm making the sacrifice to the tranny gods right now so she keeps running smoothly.

Where'd that damn calf run off to now...

Doug

I don't think a calf is appropriate. I don't have it in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that the Tranny Gods require the sacrifice of any type of small, yipping (or yapping) dogs.

And, since the death of our transmissions is most often caused by excessive heat, I'm almost certain that you're supposed to boil the sacrifice.

Aredubjay 03-07-2002 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
What about that 'shudder' or whatever that you said you felt last week?
Didn't seem to manifest itself on the short drive from the shop. Plus, it was a lot of stop and go. I'll be able to tell more on the drive home tonight.

It's about 70 degrees outside right now. It's supposed to stay warm tonight -- wonder if the neighbors would think I was nuts if they saw me washing my car in the dark? Well, if I had neighbors, they probably would. The cows just look at me like I'm crazy ALL the time. :)

Aredubjay 03-07-2002 02:39 PM

Quote:

I don't think a calf is appropriate. I don't have it in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that the Tranny Gods require the sacrifice of any type of small, yipping (or yapping) dogs.

And, since the death of our transmissions is most often caused by excessive heat, I'm almost certain that you're supposed to boil the sacrifice.

Just as a safety measure, boil it in 100% synth -- just in case. Oh, I think a Chinese Crested would do nicely. Who would miss one of those.:eek:

(DISCLAIMER: Apololgies to any Chinese Crested owners. I know you love your dogs, but, you'll have to admit, they're not the most attractive pooch on the planet. :D:D:D:D)

mohrds 03-07-2002 02:39 PM

<<The cows just look at me like I'm crazy ALL the time>>

Can you count tonight and see if there is an extra calf?

I can't find it anywhere...

Here Calfy, Calfy, Calfy.

Doug

Aredubjay 03-07-2002 02:43 PM

Quote:

Doug

Well, at least I have my "cattle car" back. I'll round it up with the ol' SVX, should I see it. :D

Mr. Pockets 03-07-2002 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Well, at least I have my "cattle car" back. I'll round it up with the ol' SVX, should I see it. :D

<G>

Aredubjay 03-07-2002 03:01 PM

Quote:

<G>

I'm laughing out loud and I don't even have to click the link. LOL!

Beav 03-07-2002 03:42 PM

Quote:

Doug

Did someone say 'Barbeque'??!! :D

Beav

svxistentialist 03-07-2002 05:45 PM

Glad you got your prodigal girlfriend back Randy.

Bring on the fatted Chinese dog, we'll party!!

Nothing for it now, I'll have to get mine fixed.

Joe

svxeno 03-07-2002 07:32 PM

Good for you!!

Randy i,

Good for you!. All will be fine now. Ozone will heal, pollution will relent, Monica Lewinski will shut up, economy will improve, I'll lose my gut, etc.

All is now right and balanced with the SVX world. Just keep on enjoyi....HEY, WHERE THE HELL DID THIS CALF COME FROM?! Wait! Don't do THAT on the carpet...aw damn!

Randy (Looking for paper towell) ii

Beav 03-07-2002 08:18 PM

*Heads to west coast of Fla with marsala, parmesan and Oscar fixin's...*