The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $$ bottomed out? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24649)

JeffN 02-23-2005 07:51 AM

$$ bottomed out?

Anyone else agree that at least 92-93 prices ahve bottomed out for miles/condition? I think maybe every year has also and some may be on the rise...:D

SilverSpear 02-23-2005 11:34 PM

Re: $$ bottomed out?

Quote:

Originally posted by JeffN
Anyone else agree that at least 92-93 prices ahve bottomed out for miles/condition? I think maybe every year has also and some may be on the rise...:D
I don't ! the SVX value will always be very high in our hearts no matter how prices are bottomed !

Electrophil 02-24-2005 02:26 AM

Maybe they will go lower so I can buy a few more. Hmmm... do I want a Starbucks or an LSI? hmmmm....:D :D :D

SilverSpear 02-24-2005 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Electrophil
Maybe they will go lower so I can buy a few more. Hmmm... do I want a Starbucks or an LSI? hmmmm....:D :D :D
hmmm, i will consider you didn't say that, because this is an insult...;)

Electrophil 02-24-2005 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SilverSpear

hmmm, i will consider you didn't say that, because this is an insult...;)

Oh no!:eek: No insult intended! I mean dreaming of owning a fleet of SVX's!! Buying them up as fast as I buy a cup of coffee.:D

dcarrb 02-24-2005 06:59 AM

Hard to see how the value could go much lower; seems they're already worth more in pieces. Maybe the value will level-off soon, but I'd guess it'll be awhile before they begin to appreciate. As the fleet gets parted-out and modded, it stands to reason that the stockers will be worth more.

Somebody near here recently had a world-weary '84 GL wagon for sale, priced at $1400+. Wishful thinking, to be sure, but I thought: if this thing's worth that, my SVX is worth ten grand.

dcb

SilverSpear 02-24-2005 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Electrophil

Oh no!:eek: No insult intended! I mean dreaming of owning a fleet of SVX's!! Buying them up as fast as I buy a cup of coffee.:D

Hehe, i know that... just messing with ya......:D

88xt6joe 02-24-2005 05:52 PM

It just all depends where you live!!

Joe

magickfingers 02-28-2005 01:37 AM

Re: $$ bottomed out?

Quote:

Originally posted by JeffN
Would you believe that i just bought a '92 one-owner SVX with 68,000 miles, maintained by a Subaru dealer, for $2000! Steal of the year!

Electrophil 02-28-2005 08:40 AM

Re: Re: $$ bottomed out?

Quote:

Originally posted by magickfingers

Would you believe that i just bought a '92 one-owner SVX with 68,000 miles, maintained by a Subaru dealer, for $2000! Steal of the year!

That is amazing!

I think the pricing is going to put us on a trend of buying extras for the sole purpose of parts cars. When you can buy a car, and then make a profit just selling the Engine and tranny out of it, the market is definitely undervalued. A parts car trend is going to weed out a bunch in a already low production model. Prices will have to go up.

intellibomb 02-28-2005 01:26 PM

I think that the thing that will eventually bring the value up is the great enthusiast community.

the ratio of actual operable SVX's vs members is pretty high...

didnt someone do a check recently? some 3000 members?

thats like 1/8 of the origal population of svxs, but now the 25,000 original svxs are probably half gone,,

so approx 1/4 of all svx's are accounted for on this forum (more or less).

now there is a price slump but with continued support
like longassnames supercharger....
Dayle at motorsport warehouse...
svxtasy's turbo

and every post on this board

I THINK
if anything,
within 5 years, this community and further aftermarket will lead to greater demand and thus higher prices
espescially those that are still low miles!

*consults crystal ball*
in like ten or twenty years, i think functional examples will be so rare that they will be practically priceless and we might see one in the barrets auction going for big bucks!

thats just what i think