The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need HELP! vis'-a-vis' SOA contacts, please! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13428)

STORMINORMAN 09-27-2003 01:05 PM

Need HELP! vis'-a-vis' SOA contacts, please!

Please advise me via this thread OR with a private message the names/location/tel#? of any Subaru of America service/warranty types you have had dealings with in regards to warranty issues, especially as they relate to SVX rear wheel bearings.

I've got a (Western) Regional Service Manager in my sights, but I would much prefer to climb higher and higher in the organization with my complaint/premise:

The rear wheel bearings are (1.) either a design or a manufacturing defect, or, (2.) Subaru dealership service departments are unable to properly install replacement bearings. No matter how many times they try.

As a result I feel that SOA has at the very minimum a duty to the original purchaser of a new SVX to replace them for the life of the car. Perhaps, even, a reasonable mileage guarantee for repairs as it applies to subsequent owners?

I plan to take this as far as is needed and have not entirely ruled out a lawsuit/small claims action. I'd prefer to just make a total nuisance of myself but at a level that they can't just ignore.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation & consideration!:mad:

ensteele 09-27-2003 02:55 PM

I don't have any, but good luck and keep us advised! :)

T.McCaw 09-28-2003 02:11 AM

I came across this site perhaps it can help
http://www.alldata.com/diy/handshake.html

Tom

wawazat?? 09-28-2003 06:15 AM

Re: Need HELP! vis'-a-vis' SOA contacts, please!

Quote:

Originally posted by STORMINORMAN
The rear wheel bearings are (1.) either a design or a manufacturing defect, or, (2.) Subaru dealership service departments are unable to properly install replacement bearings. No matter how many times they try.

As a result I feel that SOA has at the very minimum a duty to the original purchaser of a new SVX to replace them for the life of the car. Perhaps, even, a reasonable mileage guarantee for repairs as it applies to subsequent owners?

I plan to take this as far as is needed and have not entirely ruled out a lawsuit/small claims action. I'd prefer to just make a total nuisance of myself but at a level that they can't just ignore.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation & consideration!:mad:

SOA will never offer a lifetime warranty on the bearings to any owner of any vehicle. Good luck with your quest.

Todd

immortal_suby 09-28-2003 07:42 AM

My dealer has warranted bearings on Kim's svx a number of times.
They were replaced by previous owner, then both went out shortly after and we had them replaced free. (dealer service warranty)
After the RR burned out again we agreed to pay for a new hub and the dealer covered bearing and labor. Have not had a problem on that side since.

Then the LR went out, replaced free again(dealer changed hands and techs in this time period) It then burnt out again within 1k miles. This time the service rep gave us a load of crap about it being an old car with alot of miles (130k?) until I got to talking to the tech who admitted that when he removed the bearing it was dry
:eek:

I worked with the service guy on this one - he explained he wanted to warranty the bearing and understood the problem but it was above his head. He needed a customer complaint to get it done.

He gave me the number for the regional service rep (Whom we had met at a meet in GA - imagine the surprised look on the service reps face when you say that) Kim talked to them and in the end they warrantied the bearing and put in a new hub.

I threw in alot of talk about Nasioc, The SVX network, the Indiana 10th meet, the Subaru warehouse in georgia meet, etc. to let them know I was active in the subaru community and they would be hearing about this experience all over.

They came through - they renewed my faith in this dealership.

Interestingly though, I am nearing 200k miles on my svx without a bearing replacement ever.