The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Site Rules discussion (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40142)

SVXRide 12-03-2005 12:42 PM

Earl,
Nicely done! Maybe the next revision could have a reference to the use of the "Search" button - especially given the current rule's comment about continuing old threads.
-Bill

SilverSpear 12-03-2005 01:02 PM

Earl you shouldn't be angry on your B-day...

Manarius 12-03-2005 01:38 PM

Heh...you know there's a place in vBulletin for that list. It's located here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/rules.php? :D.

::EDIT:: Bah..no rules.php...there should be one though :)

ensteele 12-03-2005 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Earl you shouldn't be angry on your B-day...

I'm not angry - having a great day. Relaxing and having fun. Just posted the rules because they disappeared from the top of each forum. :confused: :)

Earthworm 12-05-2005 10:20 AM

You are correct...this "Site Rules"!! :D

SilverSpear 12-05-2005 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I'm not angry - having a great day. Relaxing and having fun. Just posted the rules because they disappeared from the top of each forum. :confused: :)

No I meant that on his birthday, a person is apt to have fun and sometimes not abide by some rules... for example he is serious at work all 363 days of the year, when his B-day date comes on the 365th, he switches his mood from serious to humorous... something... I thought it was weird you reminded us of something "strict" as the forum rules... on your B-day :D :D

Electrophil 03-28-2006 08:43 PM

That was a great video. Thanks Earl, I needed that. :D

TomsSVX 05-02-2006 12:00 AM

just want to bump this up. Seems like most are forgetting it and/or just not looking at them

Tom

Trevor 05-11-2006 08:46 PM

Thread Headings

Is it possible to get members to give some logical thought towards an informative heading when starting a thread, so that others will be quickly aware as to whether or not it will be of real interest to them.

In particular those interested in giving assistance within the technical threads should not be confronted with "Please help me quick" or "Urgent car is dead". By way of courtesy, they should be given clues, so that they can judge if their particular area of expertise could assist. Having to open every thread when assistance is the motive, is hardly fair.

ensteele 05-12-2006 12:28 AM

I agree, and will see what we can do. :)

Trevor 05-12-2006 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I agree, and will see what we can do. :)

Your dedication to the cause is very much appreciated in this direction, but it is sad that so many, in fact do not realise how much they owe to so few. :confused:

immortal_suby 05-13-2006 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
Is it possible to get members to give some logical thought towards an informative heading when starting a thread, so that others will be quickly aware as to whether or not it will be of real interest to them.

In particular those interested in giving assistance within the technical threads should not be confronted with "Please help me quick" or "Urgent car is dead". By way of courtesy, they should be given clues, so that they can judge if their particular area of expertise could assist. Having to open every thread when assistance is the motive, is hardly fair.

I was thinking this (once again) when I went through the forum this morning. I even had the urge to edit some thread titles but didn't. Unfortunately I doubt we will ever be able to make everyone do it.

I tend to not even click on threads with titles that say only "help" or "urgent"

Electrophil 05-21-2006 02:08 AM

Yeah, I agree. At least put something in there on which area the "urgent! Help" pertains to.:(