The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   92 SVX vs 68 Camaro 396 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20177)

BoondockSVX 07-24-2004 08:23 PM

92 SVX vs 68 Camaro 396

Hey all.... today while on an errand in the country, I happened upon a 68 or 69 camaro... real nice shape, not white trash or anything. Anyway, he went around a corner and hit it, so I gave chase... he pulled little to about 50....then I stayed about even, and might have even gained a little til about 80-90.... so then we went around some twisties and of course I caught up... few minutes later we were both at a stop sign... he took off.... definitely has a lot more low end than the SVX, but I was still pretty surprised how well the SVX stayed with him... from about 45 onwards, it's pretty dead even.

The guy was cool, gave me a thumbs up, I returned the jesture.

Just thought some people might want to know how the SVX stacks up to a classic musclecar.

- Jim

Chiketkd 07-24-2004 09:21 PM

Jim,

Welcome to the site!

I realize you're new, but on this SVX Network, street racing threads are not allowed. It's always better to race at the drag strip or race track... ;)

Sounds like you had a blast though... :)

-Chike

starsh0t 07-24-2004 09:37 PM

street racing threads are NOT allowed??? why not?

shelfy 07-24-2004 10:07 PM

it's illegal perhaps?

Shadow248 07-24-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BoondockSVX
street racing threads are NOT allowed??? why not?
Because some people have nothing better to do than make rules. Search a bit and you'll find alot has been said about this. I happen to oppose bans like this, but as has been said by the moderators of the board, this is not a democracy, so if you want a say in what goes on, go somewhere else.

That being said, welcome to the network. Bit weird of a contest, yours was. Old muscle vs. new finesse. Sounds like it was a sweet car.

Landshark 07-24-2004 11:20 PM

http://brawl-hall.com/gallery/data/m...an_him2828.jpg

NapaBavarian 07-24-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
http://brawl-hall.com/gallery/data/m...an_him2828.jpg
That might be a bit drastic:confused:

A good beating should do:eek:

Naw, we'll keep him if he wants to stay... And it's true, if you want to make the rules you'd better do something to deserve the right:rolleyes: ;)

starsh0t 07-25-2004 08:43 AM

hmm this is new to me... i don't understand why people get so uptight when it comes to displaying power of their own vehicle. I don't street race much but every now and then I have to shut down civics w/ my svx.

Yes I know it's illegal.. thanks for the input though. Anyways, I just get suprised by how so many people feel driving a fast car fast is wrong. No harm in having a little bit of fun. I bet lot of you are also against driving 1 mile over the speed limit on a highway. Ah well.

I expect a, do you know how many of you ricers have killed innocent people?, popping up soon for this. To each his own. ciao.

Landshark 07-25-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by starsh0t
hmm this is new to me... i don't understand why people get so uptight when it comes to displaying power of their own vehicle. I don't street race much but every now and then I have to shut down civics w/ my svx.

Yes I know it's illegal.. thanks for the input though. Anyways, I just get suprised by how so many people feel driving a fast car fast is wrong. No harm in having a little bit of fun. I bet lot of you are also against driving 1 mile over the speed limit on a highway. Ah well.

I expect a, do you know how many of you ricers have killed innocent people?, popping up soon for this. To each his own. ciao.

Welcome to the SVX Network! streetracing is not allowed, but illegal removal of exhaust components and stories of driving at triple digit speeds is just fine. :rolleyes:

i'm no fan of streetracing, but i'm no fan of hypocrisy, either. :)

NapaBavarian 07-25-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by starsh0t

Because you needed to ask I will show you, very graphic pictures of an extreme example, not for the faint of heart. Here

upnygimp 07-25-2004 12:09 PM

Driving a fast car fast is perfectly fine IN ITS PLACE. Keep it on the ****ing track.

Green1995SVX 07-25-2004 03:37 PM

I've locked this thread per the Network Rules.

Jim-

We understand you're new, and there are no hard feelings, but please take a moment to review the Posting Rules for which there is a link located at the top of each forum. Best of luck with your SVX, and happy posting. :)

Mike