The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why Me??? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19823)

HighwayUFO 07-08-2004 04:53 PM

Why Me???

So today I head off to work happy knowing the next few days will allow for some serious fundage, when the noise we all fear starts. We all know this sound, it sounds as though Satan is speaking in tongue to our cars. I had a slight sound in the right rear of the car and know that it was the wheel bearing. I figured that it would hold on for at least another week until I got paid. Not the case here folks.

I was on a delivery and noticed that the odometer was reading 163999. Smiling ensued knowing that after 164000 clicked over the beast was running in her prime state and life was good. Not the case either. About 4 miles after the odometer rolled over 164k, the wheel bearing got really loud. Damn, I think to myself, why couldn't it wait for a week. So, I get back to Dominos and tell my manager that my car is on it's "Last Leg" if I don't get it fixed soon. So, he lets me off of work and I start calling around for pricing to get it fixed.

$45 for a used hub and bearings at the local junkyard and $120 labor to put it all back together. "Crap." I don't have that kind of money right now. The only thing I can think of to net me that kind of money is to pawn my Audiobahn 8002T amp for my car stereo so I can get it fixed. So now I'm out of a car till 2:30 tomorrow when they will start to fix my baby and another day of work missed. Good times never seem to shine on this kid, and everytime it does, something always happens, usually when I start getting ahead in the game of Life. I'm hoping that money will come soon and abundant so I can get my amp back and continue to pay my bills.

Keith

Alycone 07-08-2004 04:58 PM

:( Sorry to hear that. :(

Rob 07-08-2004 10:29 PM

We are on your side, let me know if there is anything I can do to help...
Rob
Missoula
(wheel bearings are getting noisy as we speak)

HighwayUFO 07-09-2004 02:51 AM

Well, if you felt really inclined Rob, you could always buy back my amp for me. :D

Keith

MNYPNNY 07-09-2004 10:20 AM

Bummer Keith! There's this guy named Murphy who seems to never get tired of messing with us. Wish he'd find a new hobby.
Worries me that you are going with used parts.... how good can they possibly be? But I understand the money bind.
Good luck!

Chiketkd 07-09-2004 10:53 AM

My sentiments as well... Hope you get a big tip when you're able to work again! :)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone
:( Sorry to hear that. :(

HighwayUFO 07-09-2004 01:03 PM

I wish I didn't have to use used parts, but the hub and bearings looked almost new. The car had 50k on the speedo, so I'm not worried. Both the cars in the junkyard are 92's and they are really early in prod. date. car no 232 and 789. These cars were some of the first off the plants floor.

Keith

NeedForSpeed 07-09-2004 02:51 PM

WHY ME??

Why ME?

Keith,

Maybe the bearing isn't rated for 140 mph?

HighwayUFO 07-09-2004 03:13 PM

Then why does the speedo say 160. Other people have gone faster and didn't have my problem. Let's also not forget the SVX burnout action in MT. Rose parking lot and the fact that my car had just turned 164k and probably still rolling on the origional bearings.

The repair is done and still seems bittersweet. While jacking up my car the shop broke one or both of my neon underbody lighting tubes. Good part is that I am getting them/it replaced and will have new blue lights. Yay.

Keith

NeedForSpeed 07-09-2004 05:35 PM

Bearings

Quote:

Originally posted by civic_slayer
Then why does the speedo say 160. Other people have gone faster and didn't have my problem. Let's also not forget the SVX burnout action in MT. Rose parking lot and the fact that my car had just turned 164k and probably still rolling on the origional bearings.

The repair is done and still seems bittersweet. While jacking up my car the shop broke one or both of my neon underbody lighting tubes. Good part is that I am getting them/it replaced and will have new blue lights. Yay.

Keith

Maybe I don't drive fast enough.
My rear bearings failed last year, around 100,000 miles or so.

MNYPNNY 07-09-2004 11:13 PM

why are there young donation cars?

no one else caught that...................