The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best insurance company for the SVX? Cali (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3804)

htyei 04-23-2002 05:23 PM

Best insurance company for the SVX? Cali

Sigh, its time to renew my insurance again and rates in LA or up... waay up.

I just can't bear to pay 2000 for a year of bare minimum insurance. 15/30 liability no comp, no colission

Insurance companies just seem to look at our car is a 30k sports car. Are there any companies that factor their stabilty and safety
into the prmiums? :)

At this rate I'd have paid for another svx in just insurance be teh end of next year!

I know theres a couple of you in LA, what are you paying for insurance on from who?

turing 25 will be a huge load of my finanical burden!

Subie Two 04-23-2002 05:41 PM

I don't know about LA, but I went with Allstate solely because they don't charge sportscar rates on the SVX (at least in Utah.) My rates are comparable to rates on a regualr car.

Green1995SVX 04-23-2002 05:46 PM

Liberty Mutual, my insurance company, also does not charge sports car rate on the SVX.

-Mike

Red SVX 92 04-23-2002 07:10 PM

If you have a nasty driving record, like me, try Progressive. While my rate was still higher than yours when I looked it up, I was amazed that it wasn't too bad with the 3 points on my license. Around $1500 or less for 6 months, for bare bones, plus comp, I think. Check with them if your driving records suck. From what I understand, though, good drivers pay more at progressive than at other places. I'm currently with Farmer's, high liability (100/300K), but no comp/collision.... $2000/6 months... fun stuff.

htyei 04-23-2002 07:52 PM

sigh

I hit the magical number for not good driver, two points, although one was speeding on highway 5(everyone does it!)
and the other for a 5mph bumper accident on stop and go traffic(argh!)

Never2phat 04-23-2002 08:01 PM

EEEEEEEEEK

Quote:

I'm currently with Farmer's, high liability (100/300K), but no comp/collision.... $2000/6 months... fun stuff.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Holy !@#$

While I have 3 points on my liscence my insurance Company does not know about them. I pay about $800 - $900 a year with "One Beacon". That's for full coverage and low deductibles :p

My insurance company gives me discounts for:

1. When I turned 25 my insurance rate dropped 30% overnight
2. No claims (in a year,accidents caused by me)
3. ABS
4. Alarm (i fibbed and said it was passive - hey I always turn it on ;) )
5. Airbags (driver and passenger)

:D B.C. :D

QA Man 04-23-2002 09:30 PM

My insurance company is State Farm (been with them since I turned 16). My rates for full coverage including comp and collision (0 deductible on comp, 250 on collision), plus rental car...is only $80/month. Granted, I'm 32, married and have multiple cars on the plan.

museumquality 04-24-2002 02:47 PM

state farm

i too have state farm- great setup,
reasonable for all my coverages--- semi clear record.

32 w/ full coverage svx, 70.00 a month

you deff want full coverage in LA, too many sue happy peeps and uninsured.

1994SubaruSVX 04-24-2002 04:36 PM

not to be rude.....

but state farm here in TN are bastards. they denied a friend of mine full coverage because he was disabled. they saw his wheelchair and said they would not be able to insure him. eventhough he had a valid and current drivers license.

i use progressive. their rates are reasonable. they have been excellent through all this flood water crap with my svx. very courteous and the guy even called me on saturday to make sure i was satisfied and taken care of properly.