The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   4 cylinder SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8730)

CigarJohnny 02-11-2003 12:07 PM

4 cylinder SVX

After reading the "mid-engine SVX" thread, I got to thinking. Aside from the blasphemous ramifications, has anyone else considered dropping a 4 cylinder from a WRX into an SVX? With the easily had goodies that are available for that engine one could almost cheaply have an SVX with 400+ HP and a lighter front end and more balanced car. So please feel free to express your opinion on the subject. :)

Mr. Pockets 02-11-2003 12:29 PM

WOOHOO! First vote!

I wouldn't do it to my car, but it's a good option for the mod-hungry.

What would you do with the extra space? Hmm... :D

svx_commuter 02-11-2003 12:32 PM

I checked on WRX engines at the used level. They are very much sought after and go for at least $3000. I think a 2.5 turbo would be very nice but until I kill a few more 3.3's. :)

Tim 02-11-2003 12:41 PM

How about taking your future children's college fund and just undergo a carbon fiber/ titanium weight reduction :)

oab_au 02-11-2003 03:38 PM

4 into 6 won't gooooooooo!

If you compare the torque of the two motors at say, 2200rpm, Which is the take off speed, you would find that the REX "could not pull a greasy stick out of a pig's arse".

It's the torque that gets it moving, once under way you can enjoy the HP. :)

Harvey.;)

rufus 02-11-2003 03:42 PM

Re: 4 into 6 won't gooooooooo!

Quote:

Originally posted by oab_au
"could not pull a greasy stick out of a pig's arse".

You have quite a gift for the visuals, Harvey :eek:

SVXphile 02-11-2003 03:46 PM

<you would find that the REX "could not pull a greasy stick out of a pig's arse">

I was not aware that they had found enough fossils of that raptor to come to that conclusion....:confused: Those forelegs WERE kinda tiny though....

:D Don

wawazat?? 02-11-2003 03:49 PM

Re: 4 into 6 won't gooooooooo!

Quote:

Originally posted by oab_au
"could not pull a greasy stick out of a pig's arse".

Harvey.;)

Todd puts down his beloved BBQ and pushes away from the table (I know, I know, should have done that years ago!)

Thanks Harvey:p

alacrity024 02-11-2003 03:57 PM

it's a fine idea, but imho the coolest thing about the svx besides the body is the motor. who CARES if it doesn't have a slew of aftermarket goodies avaliable? it's just plain COOL! do you have any idea how much I love telling people that it's the exact same format engine as is used in brand-new porsches??

-adam

Landshark 02-11-2003 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024
it's a fine idea, but imho the coolest thing about the svx besides the body is the motor. who CARES if it doesn't have a slew of aftermarket goodies avaliable? it's just plain COOL! do you have any idea how much I love telling people that it's the exact same format engine as is used in brand-new porsches??

-adam

and old Porsches, too. :)

oab_au 02-11-2003 05:28 PM

Re: Re: 4 into 6 won't gooooooooo!

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??

Todd puts down his beloved BBQ and pushes away from the table (I know, I know, should have done that years ago!)

Thanks Harvey:p

Sorry Todd, I did mean to say,

"It couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding".

Enjoy the desert at least.:D

Harvey.;)

Earthworm 02-13-2003 08:43 PM

I would like to see it done! I wish I had more hardware available to me in Canada. I can't find any parts cars here!

...well maybe a few Justy's

alltrac 02-13-2003 08:47 PM

how bout the ej25 more torque more CI and then turbocharge it or twin turbo it