The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   SVX Car Show at the Awards Banquet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22798)

WestCoastSVX 11-20-2004 10:44 AM

SVX Car Show at the Awards Banquet

As was mentioned before, this year I'd like to integrate a little "show 'n' shine" private club car show into the Awards Banquet event. This will extend out the event into the day to make it more than just the dinner for those that may be coming from some distance. And it will give us a chance to do what we seem to do so well, stand around in a parking lot and talk about and show things on our cars. Then once it gets dark around 5:00pm we can head indoors for the traditional dinner and awards presentation.

I thought it would be fun to do this as an official car show, with a couple award categories, entry fees, and trophies. But I don't want this to intimidate people from joining in, or only get two or three people that have high confidence in their car winning something to enter and the rest sitting on the sidelines (would want the trophies to be paid for out of the show entry fees only).

Remember, this would be a private SVX only car show, not a big deal, more just for fun and to show off a little bit to the rest of the public that may be in the area stopping by. :) And like I said, give us the requisite "tire kicking" time.

Vote in the poll and also let me know thoughts and suggestions here. Thanks!

PS - the categories will be a surprise, they may not all be what you think. ;)

ensteele 11-20-2004 11:42 PM

Gee, I don't know which car to bring. It's like going golfing, and only bringing one club. :rolleyes: ;)

manofmayo 11-21-2004 06:21 AM

you got friends.....bring them all! :D

ensteele 11-21-2004 12:36 PM

I do? Oh yea, I do. Thanks. :rolleyes: ;) :)

manofmayo 11-21-2004 08:53 PM

of course if you do bring them all, then the judges may have a hard time deciding which of your rides wins. :D

so there needs to be a rule.....only 1 winner per person :p

ensteele 11-21-2004 11:12 PM

I need to know the catagories so I know what to bring. ;) :)

WestCoastSVX 11-22-2004 08:19 AM

That's one of the reasons the categories are a surprise! :D

And you never know who the judges will be either. ;)

Like I said, there will be at least one category that odds are will favor a less-than-pristine specimen (depending I guess).

This is really all about fun though and we're trying it for the first time so how knows how it will turn out. :)

manofmayo 11-22-2004 11:51 AM

Say a category like.....closest approximation of the milkyway on the hood

And the winner is: Alycone!

hehe

Ganodda 11-22-2004 05:25 PM

Banquet

Hey Gang,

Count me in. I don't know that I will have won anything... perhaps Drove home furthest with a new SVX. I don't know, Earl might have me on that one though. I am excited and it will be fun. It is about 10-15 minutes from my place, been there a few times. It is a good spot.

Looking forward to it-

Alycone 11-22-2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

Orginally posted by manofmayo
Say a category like.....closest approximation of the milkyway on the hood

And the winner is: Alycone!

hehe

Gee thanks! :p

It's a little tempting to start drawing lines to outline the constellations. :rolleyes:

ensteele 11-22-2004 10:51 PM

Beam me up Aly! :D