The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   RIAA Lawsuits (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13068)

marlettpat 09-09-2003 04:11 PM

RIAA Lawsuits

Anyone worried about these lawsuits recently put out by the RIAA? it kinda makes me uneasy. i have heard about some amnesty thing to make you free of lawsuits. I dunno guys, seems shady....?
Pat

Chicane 09-09-2003 04:26 PM

I'm not worried. I hate the RIAA. Treating the consumers like this just makes me want to download more music.

- Rob

Darksied-X 09-09-2003 04:55 PM

I'm a little worried. Then again, I'm worried that Carlos, the chipmuck that lives under my front stairs, works for the CIA and is watching me. I'm just a little paranoid, I guess.:D

lee 09-09-2003 05:03 PM

For those so inclined, there's a new version of Kazaa Lite that claims to block the RIAA attempt to see how many files are bing shared...not to mention Kazaa Lite doesn't have the spyware that the OEM Kazaa contains.

Noir 09-09-2003 09:01 PM

re: i'm not worried

i'm not worried, but i don't download music anymore either. i quit a few years back. i've bought nearly all the music i enjoy after hearing it from downloads, sometimes multiple copies because someone borrowed it and never returned it.

but i don't like giving someone like RIAA the right to go pull a log from my isp about who i am, where i live, and what i'm doing.

but i'd say boycott the artists :D. rob you should put the blinker protest on hold and get a bunch of people together and boycott all the musicians represented by the RIAA. i've heard of many artists that are against the whole RIAA sueing their fans deal. let's make the 31% decline in music sales 62%!!!!!!

makes me want to throw up some servers in thailand or something just to warehouse music and distribute it. WAREZ baby, WAREZ!!!!!

Landshark 09-09-2003 09:04 PM

i'm not worried. i don't see 4 million or more lawsuits being filed, and if there are, you'll be dead before they get to you. ;)

they are just going after the really big fish. if you are a big fish, then worry.

petesvx2 09-10-2003 10:49 AM

Yes Kazaa the OEM version contains alot of spyware...I installed Kazaa lite on my laptop and have had no problems whatsoever, it seems faster actually. I would recommend Kazaa lite (it is tough to find though) or WinMX. Both are very good at finding what you're looking for :)

Landshark 09-10-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
Yes Kazaa the OEM version contains alot of spyware...I installed Kazaa lite on my laptop and have had no problems whatsoever, it seems faster actually. I would recommend Kazaa lite (it is tough to find though) or WinMX. Both are very good at finding what you're looking for :)
yup, i came late to the file sharing scene and started with Kazaa Lite. its nice and easy to use, no B.S.

i believe Kelli recommended iMesh - i tried that just for the hell of it. i was flooded with spyware, adware, etc. its a nice pretty program but not worth all the "extras". Spybot found a whole slew of junk i had to remove. Kelli, you might want to run Spybot on your computer... ;)

RSVX 09-10-2003 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

yup, i came late to the file sharing scene and started with Kazaa Lite. its nice and easy to use, no B.S.

i believe Kelli recommended iMesh - i tried that just for the hell of it. i was flooded with spyware, adware, etc. its a nice pretty program but not worth all the "extras". Spybot found a whole slew of junk i had to remove. Kelli, you might want to run Spybot on your computer... ;)

Just make sure you leave "Supernode" turned OFF.

Landshark 09-10-2003 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RSVX

Just make sure you leave "Supernode" turned OFF.

i didn't know what it was, so i left it off. i did good! :)

SHISVX 09-10-2003 12:23 PM

i stopped downloading music a while ago. a person who installed our cable modem said that Imesh was a good program...i know nothing about computers

Kelli

SHISVX 09-10-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

i didn't know what it was, so i left it off. i did good! :)

you did REAL good Alan ;)

RSVX 09-10-2003 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX

you did REAL good Alan ;)

dare I ask?? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

SHISVX 09-10-2003 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RSVX

dare I ask?? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

hey Chris, why don't you ever come up to a warren co meet??

i'd love to give you what you have coming to you....

Kelli

Chicane 09-10-2003 02:03 PM

Re: re: i'm not worried

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
let's make the 31% decline in music sales 62%!!!!!!
They wonder why there's a decline in music, well, it ISNT DOWNLOADING, its that most record companies are promoting CRAPPY MUSIC. Go back 10 years. Think of the music that was available. Was it made to be played on MTV? Were all the artists physically attractive? Did everything sound poppy?

NO!!!!!!!

The RIAA can burn for all I care. Most new music stinks.

- Rob