The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   cup holder.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4892)

subymtnguy 07-14-2002 08:49 AM

cup holder....

1 Attachment(s)
I don't leave the house without my "roadcup" of coffee....A $30k car without a cup holder has always been a pita for me....

Yesterday I was at Wal-Mart and thought I would check on aftermarket cup holders again....

On a bottom shelf was a "2 place"cup holder that wedges between the console and the passenger seat! Black, nice and sturdy and will accomodate small to large cups, with a small space for change, lighters, cell phone etc...Now I feel i'm ready for the big Indiana road trip! :D

Beav 07-14-2002 09:17 AM

Hmmm....it looks just like the one in my car. (Actually I think I'm the second person here to find it. :) )

subymtnguy 07-14-2002 09:45 AM

this fine item

was $3.84 well spent....I wish I knew about it sooner! Such a small, insignificant item.... but it really made my day!

see ya' at the meet , Beav!

stanbu815 07-14-2002 12:35 PM

Cup Holder space

How bad does it push against your passenger?
I just went to Target (thats pronounced Targhay) last weekend and found one that fits tightly into the console itself but you can't really get much else in there now. It was $5.

Seraph 07-14-2002 05:07 PM

Re: Cup Holder space

Quote:

Originally posted by stanbu815
How bad does it push against your passenger?
I just went to Target (thats pronounced Targhay) last weekend and found one that fits tightly into the console itself but you can't really get much else in there now. It was $5.

The original is supposed to go in there. Not many people has the original cup holders now.

Lwin

ps. I will send out a mass email tonight when I am more awake.

subymtnguy 07-14-2002 06:26 PM

cup holder....

I sat in the passenger seat and it didn't push against me at all. Found it to be totally fuctional from either seat...

Then again I guess it depends on how big you are...

Beav 07-14-2002 10:46 PM

My g/f says it doesn't bother her at all. The only downside is to not move the seat up for a backseat passenger while there are drinks in place...

ensteele 07-15-2002 12:18 AM

I have been looking for a Wedgie for some time now , :eek: and after reading the post about them, I stopped in at WalMart agin and they had them. They just had the black ones. Now I have to find a tan one for my 93. It is always something!!:( I guess it could be much worse though.;) At least I have one for the trip to and from the meet now.:D

Seraph 07-15-2002 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
My g/f says it doesn't bother her at all. The only downside is to not move the seat up for a backseat passenger while there are drinks in place...
How may drinks do you normally have? Isn't her two hands enough to hold your cups? :D :D :D :D

Lwin

Boone 07-15-2002 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm... so many straight lines. I prefer my "rubber queen" cup-n-can holder #5121 available at yer local discount emporium. Made in USA. Someone was selling them at the Burlington meet. (not my photo) :D

Aredubjay 07-15-2002 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
I have been looking for a Wedgie for some time now
Earl,
I'll be happy to oblige, right after the O-ring replacement demonstration. :eek: :D

Mr. Pockets 07-15-2002 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Boone
Hmm... so many straight lines. I prefer my "rubber queen" cup-n-can holder #5121 available at yer local discount emporium. Made in USA. Someone was selling them at the Burlington meet. (not my photo) :D
That was Steve Marshall (svx471 on Yahoo!) selling those.

I got one for free on accounta it was my meet. :D

I still use it, but I think the only time I have a beverage in my car is to or from a meet!

ensteele 07-15-2002 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Earl,
I'll be happy to oblige, right after the O-ring replacement demonstration. :eek: :D

Thanks Randy

I knew someone would be happy to step up to the plate. Maybe I'd better bring something besides O rings!!!:eek:

museumquality 07-15-2002 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres one that came with my car, do they still make these?

punisher 07-15-2002 11:55 PM

I like that cupholder. When I purchased my SVX, after initially not seeing a cupholder, I was delighted to find it hidden in the console.

It's kind of a pain that I must choose between a cupholder or a storage console, though. In my dad's 97 Legacy GT, the center console is used for storage (CDs) and then there is a cupholder that can be extended from right below the A/C controls. People complain that it gets in the way of the controls, but it really doesn't get in the way too much.

I've been sticking my cd cases in the storage area in the door, but it makes me nervous to have them in plain site where it would be quite easy just to smash the window out and grab them. I considered the storage area under the passenger seat, but there's no way I could get down in there while driving. But umm...yes back to the main point: I'm still a fan of the original cupholder vs. the aftermarket cupholder. I wouldn't mind picking up a stable cupholder that was not cumbersome, thus allowing me use of the center console for cd storage while enjoying a nice holder for my bevy. I hadn't thought too much about it, but after seeing those couple nice holders, I may look into when next I'm out.

Tom

Quote:

Originally posted by museumquality
heres one that came with my car, do they still make these?