The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   officer confused........ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2834)

cxt2001 02-19-2002 05:27 PM

officer confused........

Last weekend I was making a road trip to the University of Flordia (to see my girl)from Auburn(thats where i go to school) and I got stopped for a speeding ticket. And the funny thing is after he gave me the ticket I was looking over it and I noticed that where it said "style" of the car on the ticket he wrote "N/A" I just thought that was funny. The dude was probably stratching his head wondering about this car. Anyways i just thought this was funny. But the ticket wasnt to funny.........112$

Chris

SVXcutie 02-19-2002 09:53 PM

omg...the same thing kinda happened to me awhile ago in October! I was on my way home from Pittsburgh from visiting Kevin, and I got pulled over....NOT MY IDEA OF A HAPPY FUN TIME!!!!

So on the ticket, the cop wrote "Subaru CP"....i thought this was quite amusing, and figured that i would share the tidbit...hehe

mandi

249SVX 02-19-2002 09:58 PM

Re: officer confused........

Quote:

Originally posted by cxt2001
Last weekend I was making a road trip to the University of Flordia (to see my girl)from Auburn(thats where i go to school) and I got stopped for a speeding ticket. And the funny thing is after he gave me the ticket I was looking over it and I noticed that where it said "style" of the car on the ticket he wrote "N/A" I just thought that was funny. The dude was probably stratching his head wondering about this car. Anyways i just thought this was funny. But the ticket wasnt to funny.........112$

Chris

That reminds me of the time I was filling the tank at Sheetz in Sinking Spring(where I work) and the attendant was calling out the pump number and the kind of car/truck that was at it. It was like,"Pump 4 is ready for the red Thunderbird, pump 9 is ready for the blue Civic, pump 12 is ready for the silver...(moment of silence)..car."

:cool: :D

Green1995SVX 02-19-2002 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXcutie
omg...the same thing kinda happened to me awhile ago in October! I was on my way home from Pittsburgh from visiting Kevin, and I got pulled over....NOT MY IDEA OF A HAPPY FUN TIME!!!!

So on the ticket, the cop wrote "Subaru CP"....i thought this was quite amusing, and figured that i would share the tidbit...hehe

mandi

When i was driving TO pittsburgh on the turnpike, and got my ticket, i got the same designation 'subaru cp'

-Mike

Never2phat 02-19-2002 11:54 PM

Quote:

pump 12 is ready for the silver...(moment of silence)..car."
LOL. It must be a "Sheetz" thing because that has happened to me at the Sheetz on Rt. 11 in Carlisle several times. Always gives me a good laugh.

As for tickets........Of the two, I had to laugh at the one I got in New York. It was for 40mph in a 20mph zone. Grand total = $60.00 and no points. I wish my ticket here in Pa. was that cheap. It cost me, after having the fine reduced(first offense), more than $130.00. Ouch!!!

:D B.C. :D

Green1995SVX 02-20-2002 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Never2phat

LOL. It must be a "Sheetz" thing

That it is. The sheetz that i regularly go to identifys to my car as 'the green sports car'

-Mike

htyei 02-24-2002 11:43 AM

blue/green

They regularly identify my car as blue(the two timesI've been pulled over in Highway 5 in california. (Its dark teal). Minor foible, but I never understand that, because I think green is much closer

Uncamitzi 02-25-2002 12:00 PM

twice for no reason

Since I purchased the car in Dec. been pulled over twice by Local Blue just to ID the car. The first time I had Temp OR plates so I understood. Last week the Officer was just curious. No tickets. No warnings. Just questions.

Aredubjay 02-25-2002 12:18 PM

I've been pulled over 4 times -- two warnings, two tickets (I've had the car almost three years). They apparently have no trouble identifying it. It's always listed as "White Suba" -- they do have to ask me for MY, though.

Oh, and as a matter of trivia (I know I've posted it before, but, I think it's noteworthy), I started driving at 16 (like most folks -- well, not counting the backroads "training" in other people's cars). From age 16 to, just up to three years ago (about 27 years of driving), I had --- 4 Pullovers -- 2 warnings -- 2 tickets. Can you see where this is going?

In other words:

In all cars, over a 27 year period -- 2 Warnings, 2 Tickets
In the SVX, over a 3 year period -- 2 Warnings, 2 Tickets

This is NOT good.

Uncamitzi 02-25-2002 12:28 PM

Same type of record

Back in the day....

I was an officer of the law few years back... Never stopped anyone with out a reason. This last one was lame. I too was never pulled over until I got the SVX, even after driving for 32 years (also since I was 16)