The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My transfer case is supposedly done! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2780)

WickedSubie 02-15-2002 09:20 AM

My transfer case is supposedly done!

All systems are go for the big 9 hour drive to CT to pick up my 94 tomorrow.

Talked to the Suby dealer yesterday, said that they were pretty much done with her and she should be ready for me on Saturday.

Cool part is that I'm getting a 12000m/1yr Sub Warranty on the transfer case and at no charge.

My 550 mile trek back to Ohio should be revealing if there are any other mechanical problems I get to look forward to giving immediate attention.

Jim (exited as I've been for a long long time) Sayre

Mr. Pockets 02-15-2002 09:28 AM

Re: My transfer case is supposedly done!

Quote:

Originally posted by WickedSubie
All systems are go for the big 9 hour drive to CT to pick up my 94 tomorrow.

Talked to the Suby dealer yesterday, said that they were pretty much done with her and she should be ready for me on Saturday.

Cool part is that I'm getting a 12000m/1yr Sub Warranty on the transfer case and at no charge.

My 550 mile trek back to Ohio should be revealing if there are any other mechanical problems I get to look forward to giving immediate attention.

Jim (exited as I've been for a long long time) Sayre

How sweet to pick up your SVX and then drive it for 550 miles. You will likely find that such a distance will pass by quicker than expected - I know that when I drive the SVX, I never want to stop. :)

WickedSubie 02-15-2002 09:41 AM

I sure hope so.

Haven't driven an SVX since my buddy gave his to another friend when he bought his 540i (which he then supercharged in his first week of ownership).

Then that other 'friend' decided brakes were too expensive to fix and traded it in on a 95 Dakota *boot to the head*

I'm pretty pumped.

Plan on leaving at 3:00 am, to be there around noonish.

Probably won't sleep a wink all night.

Green1995SVX 02-15-2002 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by WickedSubie
I sure hope so.

Haven't driven an SVX since my buddy gave his to another friend when he bought his 540i (which he then supercharged in his first week of ownership).

Then that other 'friend' decided brakes were too expensive to fix and traded it in on a 95 Dakota *boot to the head*

I'm pretty pumped.

Plan on leaving at 3:00 am, to be there around noonish.

Probably won't sleep a wink all night.

Does this mean we're on for next sat?

-Mike

WickedSubie 02-15-2002 10:06 AM

Think so!

Keeping fingers crossed. Let you know for sure as soon as I get her home.

Aredubjay 02-15-2002 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Does this mean we're on for next sat?

-Mike

If you're serious about your "strike" until mine is done, you may not make it next Saturday. :mad:

Green1995SVX 02-15-2002 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

If you're serious about your "strike" until mine is done, you may not make it next Saturday. :mad:

I already "caved" today and drove it to the grocery store. I just couldnt bring myself to use public transportation.

-Mike

1994SubaruSVX 02-15-2002 02:21 PM

hey green......

why are you on strike??

Green1995SVX 02-15-2002 02:31 PM

Re: hey green......

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
why are you on strike??
I told randy i would 'stick with him' and not drive my car till he got his back... It was just too difficult though. :rolleyes:

-Mike