The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX on ebay (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2214)

svxcess 12-13-2001 01:14 PM

SVX on ebay

I was checking ebay today and found this "gem" http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...153439&r=0&t=0

It says this in the description:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT SINCE THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN THE AFTERMARKET EXHAUST "TIPS" AND AFTERMARKET REAR WING HAVE BEEN REMOVED TO MAKE THE CAR COMPLETELY STOCK LIKE IT SHOULD BE. If so desired, these accessories could be purchased at any aftermarket parts store. Where the rear spoiler was removed there are NO marks, it was held on with lateral pressure."

First of all it looks like our stock spoiler but I want to know what the "lateral pressure attachment" theory is. Sure beats bolts and crazy glue... Maybe it has something to do with atmospheric pressure. (Spoilers hold tighter to the trunk in Death Valley than they do in Denver?) Any engineering typoes out there who can explain this force?

Aredubjay 12-13-2001 01:20 PM

I've been checking around today too. Just dreaming, I guess. Went to Joe Spitz Classified ads and Lo and Behold, there was Jeff Hall's 92 LSi --- Yep, his 92 LSi --- Jeff, for shame. Everybody knows that there is no 92 LSi. It's an LS-L. Besides, don't you wanna pull that ad, now that you've got a "new" engine. :D

calmone 12-13-2001 01:33 PM

maybe the "lateral" supporty is having a back seat passenger with long arms lean out the window and hold it down.

EveryShadeofBlue 12-13-2001 02:29 PM

Hey Randy,

I don't remember anymore, but I think I could only put "LSi", it was like an option. I forget tho. I would normally never make a faux paus like that!

I had a photo session with my car yesterday. Great pictures. Look for it on Ebay in the next week or so with a reserve. If I don't get what I want, I'll keep it. I really can't afford to hold on to it, but man, it runs so perfect right now. I mean, the car is PERFECT and it's new engine purrs like a kitten. But alas folks, I have thousands in debts due to the car and I have to start paying them down or I'll never be able to save any money for retirement. I could manage to keep it, but I work 2 jobs as it is.

Jeff

Aredubjay 12-13-2001 02:40 PM

:(

Mr. Pockets 12-13-2001 03:08 PM

Re: SVX on ebay

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
I was checking ebay today and found this "gem" http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...153439&r=0&t=0

It says this in the description:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT SINCE THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN THE AFTERMARKET EXHAUST "TIPS" AND AFTERMARKET REAR WING HAVE BEEN REMOVED TO MAKE THE CAR COMPLETELY STOCK LIKE IT SHOULD BE. If so desired, these accessories could be purchased at any aftermarket parts store. Where the rear spoiler was removed there are NO marks, it was held on with lateral pressure."

First of all it looks like our stock spoiler but I want to know what the "lateral pressure attachment" theory is. Sure beats bolts and crazy glue... Maybe it has something to do with atmospheric pressure. (Spoilers hold tighter to the trunk in Death Valley than they do in Denver?) Any engineering typoes out there who can explain this force?

You seem to be thinking 'atmospheric pressure.' I would imagine that 'lateral pressure' would mean it clamps on. But that sure does look like a Subaru spoiler, which bolts on last I checked.

Green1995SVX 12-13-2001 04:46 PM

An interesting observation... It doesnt apear that its the same car in any of those pictures. In one picture the wheels are on backwards, in another they are not, and in the very last picture, it has aftermarket wheels on it if you look closly. Also, in the first picture it has the darker 92 style wheels, and in the others it has the lighter 94+ wheels. Either this guy goes through a lot of wheels, or its not the same car in all the pics.

-Mike

Red SVX 92 12-13-2001 04:49 PM

I'm curious about the fog lights on the car... I always thought that the fog lights were in the same row as the low/hi beams... So, are those aftermarket fog lights in the picture on that SVX?

Green1995SVX 12-13-2001 04:52 PM

??]Originally posted by Red SVX 92 [/i]
I'm curious about the fog lights on the car... I always thought that the fog lights were in the same row as the low/hi beams... So, are those aftermarket fog lights in the picture on that SVX? [/QUOTE]

Yes, those are aftermarket fog lights there.

-mike

SSSVX 12-13-2001 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
... I really can't afford to hold on to it, ..... But alas folks, I have thousands in debts due to the car and I have to start paying them down or I'll never be able to save any money for retirement. I could manage to keep it, but I work 2 jobs as it is.
Jeff

how could make such a mistake like LS-L & LSi? :)

it's your fate whether you'll keep or sell it. does your SVX really cost you so much to maintain? :confused:

you're still young man...when you're going to retire? :cool:

Aredubjay 12-14-2001 08:34 AM

John? Does this mean you're speechless? :D

(Not very likely :D)

svxcess 12-14-2001 09:07 AM

I submitted a post in error and when I went back to delete it I couldn't. The box said that either I wasn't logged in or I didn't have permission, etc. What gives?

The next best thing I could do was make a minimal statement. Maybe one of the "administrators/moderators" can help me get rid of my period (don't go there!)

Aredubjay 12-14-2001 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
I submitted a post in error and when I went back to delete it I couldn't. The box said that either I wasn't logged in or I didn't have permission, etc. What gives?

The next best thing I could do was make a minimal statement. Maybe one of the "administrators/moderators" can help me get rid of my period (don't go there!)

It's been taken care of. Just don't expect support payments. :D

Mr. Pockets 12-14-2001 09:57 AM

I'm starting to suspect that none of these pictures depict the actual car being sold, and that's why they make the claim that the spoiler was aftermarket and 'left no marks' when removed. The same with the exhaust tips.

Aredubjay 12-14-2001 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I'm starting to suspect that none of these pictures depict the actual car being sold, and that's why they make the claim that the spoiler was aftermarket and 'left no marks' when removed. The same with the exhaust tips.
Which leads to the question: Should we, as responsible SVXers, lambast this creton via e-mail and call him into account for his attempt to deceive?