The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Am I losing my sanity? Can the Aztek actually look good? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19794)

Darksied-X 07-07-2004 11:26 AM

Am I losing my sanity? Can the Aztek actually look good?

As some of you may know, I'm almost as big of a Pontiac fanatic as I am a Subaru fanatic. I have also made it clear on several occations that the Aztek is nothing more than a slap in the face to everything with an arrowhead. Now, in what I would assume is a last ditch attempt to generate some excitement with the vehicle, has gone and built one that actually...looks pretty good, and can perform, too.

http://www.lateral-g.net/aztec/

nordique14 07-07-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darksied-X
Am I losing my sanity? Can the Aztek actually look good?
Short answers: Yes. No.

:D

Chiketkd 07-07-2004 11:34 AM

I disagree. My answers: yes & yes! :) (you are kinda crazy...)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14
Short answers: Yes. No.

:D

Aredubjay 07-07-2004 11:35 AM

I just figured it was a rhetorical question: .rolleyes.

Hocrest 07-07-2004 11:36 AM

Re: Am I losing my sanity? Can the Aztek actually look good?

Quote:

Can the Aztek actually look good?
If it is going over a cliff in flames maybe???:D

For a statement like that I think we need to come up to Maine and "rescue" your Subarus. I call dibs on the XT6 :D:D:D

GreenMarine 07-07-2004 11:40 AM

That looks interesting... I definitly wouldn't have thought that it was an Aztec... But still my answer is "No"... I don't think that there is enough beer in the world that could make me actually think that that car looks alright... :rolleyes:

GreenMarine 07-07-2004 11:41 AM

Re: Re: Am I losing my sanity? Can the Aztek actually look good?

Quote:

Originally posted by Hocrest
For a statement like that I think we need to come up to Maine and "rescue" your Subarus. I call dibs on the XT6 :D:D:D
Can I catch a ride with ya??? I need another SVX so I call dibs on the SVX :D:D:D

Darksied-X 07-07-2004 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
I just figured it was a rhetorical question
Hey, I resemble that remark...

Darksied-X 07-07-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hocrest
For a statement like that I think we need to come up to Maine and "rescue" your Subarus. I call dibs on the XT6:D:D:D
Don't fergit, this here's Mayne boy. Up here, we's all a buncha beer-swillin', rifle-totin' rednecks. So iffin you thank you can git my ve-hicles away from me, then jump, froggy.:p

GreenMarine 07-07-2004 12:02 PM

Quote:

Don't fergit, this here's Mayne boy. Up here, we's all a buncha beer-swillin', rifle-totin' rednecks. So iffin you thank you can git my ve-hicles away from me, then jump, froggy.:p
Jesus.... Ya haven't seen Rednecks till ya go to North Carolina and South Carolina... Good God, there are so many of them!!!

SHISVX 07-07-2004 12:09 PM

looks like a type of car that one of those little "homie" dolls would drive...:rolleyes:

Kelli ;)

red95svx 07-07-2004 12:22 PM

Cool! Now my mom can drive around my pimpin' lil bro and his homies in a tricked-out, soccer mom, grocery-gettin' mobile.

Ugly is as ugly does.

Dave

Mr. Pockets 07-07-2004 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
I just figured it was a rhetorical question: .rolleyes.
Agreed. It's still a minivan - and a really ugly minivan at that.

Shadow248 07-07-2004 01:24 PM

If Subaru lovers can claim that the XT is anything but hideous, then why can't Pontiac lovers do the same for the Aztec? Besides it's more useful to begin with.

The version in question here is definetly cool, though I don't see how it could be justified, even just for fun. The Vibe is already a very successful vehicle fulfulling the same role the production version of this craziness would.

Aredubjay 07-07-2004 01:36 PM

Quote:

Sounds like my kinda place. Besides, the road kill would feed more people (Moose, as opposed to Possum :D ).