The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Come on out James svx new owner (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16177)

moshols vx 02-04-2004 02:02 PM

Come on out James svx new owner

OK

James' svxs new owner has had enough time to learn the ropes and become accustomed to driving with limited side vision! Time for a drive buster.

Any suggestions?

Jamsvx 02-04-2004 04:04 PM

Bloody hell, not even gone a week and I am thrown by the wayside

:(

Hmm...maybe I will just go an buy a Eunos JC Cosmo 20B...ha!!

Then, see if you can catch that funny-windowed car driving person!!

;)

If you have a cruise, can I bring the Camry??? :D

Aredubjay 02-04-2004 04:26 PM

Welcome, moshols!

You have some large Wellies to fill. James is an SVX stalwart. He holds the record for the longest standing membership with the shortest ownership. :rolleyes:

Please make yourself at home and join in the lunacy. We're glad you've joined us.

crow_road75 02-05-2004 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx
Hmm...maybe I will just go an buy a Eunos JC Cosmo 20B...ha!!

Now you are talking chap! I seriously considered a Cosmo myself, but parts and insurance here in the UK are a nightmare... So I bought an SVX D'oh! :rolleyes:

How are your plans on coming to the UK going? Got any dates yet?

Jason
--

Jamsvx 02-05-2004 03:30 PM

Nice nice cars....unbelievable amount of power and torque...complete animals!!

:D

We are looking at June

Only about 9000 JC"s were made and although we (AU) get a lot of frontcuts (they shove the engines in RX7's), still hard to find people who have the faintest idea what to do with them, especially considering the top of the range E-CCS

Have a look at www.3rotor.com for some interesting data/info

Cheers

james

moshols vx 02-05-2004 11:07 PM

Sunday 8/2?

James

i think you are kind of beating around the bush re new owners DETAILS!
I bet he's sitting at home desperately wondering how he can hook up with other svxs & maybe go for a drive with blake & me to Dee Why or something..........

hmmmmmmm

am going to find the svx at pennant hills this weekend :) and am about to run home from work in thirty plus degree heat. We found a bargin Subaru for my just returned from OS sister- a 1990 impreza wagon with only 30 000 ks for $5k. Will be arriving next week.

Is anyone keen to go for a drive on Sunday (8 FEB 04)?

Moshol

svxistentialist 02-06-2004 02:31 AM

I do like those triple rotor things.

Have seen one in the metal here in Dublin, driving past. Quick impression is that the styling is dated and staid, even though the car is undoubtedly elegant.

Our own SVXs still look modern, 13 years later.

They must be seriously hard on juice, considering the double rotor RX7 is such a guzzler.

Would I buy one?

Yessss!!!:D

Joe:)

KennEls 02-06-2004 02:52 AM

Re: Sunday 8/2?

Quote:

Originally posted by moshols vx
James

....... i think you are kind of beating around the bush re new owners DETAILS!
I bet he's sitting at home desperately wondering how he can hook up with other svxs & maybe go for a drive with blake & me to Dee Why or something..........

Moshol

I think he probably logged on saw the rubbish about camry's went Oh, Oh wrong site and disappeared into the ethernet:D :D

Keep trying moshols, he may tune in again when James isn't drooling over a Camry run!!

KennEls :cool: :cool: :cool:

Jamsvx 02-06-2004 04:43 AM

Moshol, you are a cruel cruel person!!

:( *very very sad* You go run and play with Blake, I will try and see if I hang around an RSL carpark and get some old fogies in their Camry Vienta's to come on a run then meet back for a $5 meal

crow_road75 02-06-2004 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
I do like those triple rotor things.

Have seen one in the metal here in Dublin, driving past. Quick impression is that the styling is dated and staid, even though the car is undoubtedly elegant.

Our own SVXs still look modern, 13 years later.

I don't think they look too dated (I saw a couple at last year's JAE meet), but agree the SVXen still look fresh (apart from that light style front grille)... You can't argue with Guigiaro!

Quote:

They must be seriously hard on juice, considering the double rotor RX7 is such a guzzler.

Would I buy one?

Yessss!!!:D

Speaking to an owner of one at the JAE, the chap told me that he was jealous of the economy of a triple-rotor RX-7!! He only got about 11MPG (if he drove slowly!) :eek:

I'd still buy one for the total James Bond factor though :)

Jason
--

MisanthropyV 02-06-2004 09:01 AM

You Like Cosmos???

Go To www.3rotor.com

He's a Sydney ISP provider with I think 4 Mazda Cosmos from varying years.

...And If the site doesn't work, I have all the mpegs...OMG!!

Paulie

P.S. SVXs are much fitter!!!!

svxistentialist 02-07-2004 04:13 AM

Well as an ISP, he's a total failure then, I have tried that site a number of times and zilch.

Have seen it before though, and I have to admit the luxo-leather thingy E-CC-CS or whatever they call it, that must appeal to anyone with even a drop of hedonist blood.

11 mpg, huh? Week end sort of motor, then.

Regards the styling, I don't want to seem unkind, as I like them a lot. They are VERY similar to our SVX from in front. The C pillar styling is a bit heavy handed, but this seems less noticable in the darker cars. Have seen a dark blue metallic one with lowered suspension, and it looks the dog's b...

Dream on....

Joe:) :)

crow_road75 02-09-2004 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
Dream on....
Joe et al,

Know what you mean about the darker colours... As for prices, I've heard that you can import a very late example for under £5k. Though as you are in Ireland, I'm not sure how SVA testing etc works.

Jason
--

svxistentialist 02-09-2004 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by crow_road75

Joe et al,

Know what you mean about the darker colours... As for prices, I've heard that you can import a very late example for under £5k. Though as you are in Ireland, I'm not sure how SVA testing etc works.

Jason
--

Hi Jason

Your £5K is probably right, and worth it I would say. However, that translates to approx 7500 Euro here, and CCT and VAT and VRT would be added to it here on importation. That would run the price up to approx double, 15K Euro or more. I suspect you might be looking longingly at why you did not buy an 04 Focus after your first month's petrol use calculations.:rolleyes: ;) :)

On a positive note, we do not have your equivalent of SVA here, but the car must pass the NCT, our version of the MOT in England. They are stringent enough, but we don't have to add rear fog lights like you guys, and are not constrained to change the Kms clocks. In fact, current news here, we will be changing our speed limits to Kilometer variants in October, and importing cars with Kms clocks.

Joe:)

crow_road75 02-09-2004 04:48 AM

Joe,

The £5K figure includes all the import duties etc. Just not the SVA test. I paid £7k for my SVX (a little over the odds, but I wanted a UK spec car with history), the total figure my friend's company was quoting was around the £7K mark registered and on the road. As I mentioned before, parts, servicing, and the dreaded fuel consuption steered me towards the SVX (that and the fact I am addicted to horizontally opposed engines :D)

Jason
--