The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Another great Reading (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49932)

svxcess 04-19-2009 09:23 PM

Another GREAT Reading... the best yet!

THE EVENT
As I said a long time ago, this would be the "Reading of a Lifetime" and unlike any other.

I was so glad that, with the help of so many wonderful people, I was able to deliver this special surprise to all of you. With each email that I received from Subaru, I gained increased hope and confidence that my sincere request was not being dismissed, but given serious consideration.

Never once did I feel I was being stonewalled or being strung along in this endeavor. Subaru has been absolutely stellar every step of the way on this (if you haven't already read the "How the PPG Pace Car came to Reading X", take the time to do so and I am sure you will agree with me.)

Besides Diana, Earl, Harry and I, everyone involved has put tremendous support into this. I will be writing a most appreciative letter to Subaru of America, as well as ICY-Phoenix Racing/ Phoenix Performance.

Jason Lang, the crew chief for the SRRT race car, had an absolute blast. he told me many times that this was by far the best group of people that he has encountered at a Subaru-based function. He was very impressed by our dedication and love for this car, as well as our knowledge and desire to learn more.

He remarked that so many other clubs are the "fast and furious" wannabes, concerned with speed, ground effects and the desire to be the "fastest and the best". Our type of organization was very eye-opening to him and he enjoyed the event greatly.

One of the last things he said was that he would be doing everything within his power to convince SOA of the dedication and professionalism he had witnessed over two days. His goal is to get them to open the Subaru "Performance Attic" to us for next year's event. This is something that they do not currently do and, like the Pace Car, would be something that has never been done for a private group.

I think we will be beginning to get a great deal of new-found respect and recognition from Subaru of America.

THE WEATHER
What can I say that you don't already know? In the weather department, we had really nasty weather only one year out of ten... a 90% success rate, no bad when you plan the event a year in advance.

Serious sunburns in April?

THE PEOPLE
ALWAYS the best part. Familiar old faces and fresh new faces to connect with each year. Reading is quite an enigma... never the same twice, yet always the same. It has a personality all its own and no matter how varied and different it seems at the very beginning, it quickly transforms into that comfortable event that we have all come to love.

No matter what has happened during the day, it is the Reading that really comes alive after the sun goes down and continues into the wee hours of the morning that sticks in our hearts forever. From "keep your hands off my Big 'n Tasty" to keep your hands off my Winnebago", the laughter continues in our hearts as we fall asleep in delicious exhaustion.

And again the hotel has been most gracious as always in looking out for us (and sometimes looking the other way) to ensure we have a great time.

POST-MEET MONSTER

I am now home but not without problems. My car performed flawlessly going to Reading, all while I was there and most of the way home. About 3/4 of a mile from my house the temperature gauge shot up into the red and slowly came back down. I made it home, put it into the garage and will look at it tomorrow.

I hope it is not a head gasket, but am thankful that it occurred now that I am home. I would have hated to have it happen earlier, either before or on the way to Reading, and mar the event for me. And I would have hated to have the problem while I was up there and not be able to get it home.

A few sincere prayers would be appreciated, as a total head gasket job is hell on my detailed engine bay. I will be resizing some of my photos and posting them soon.

Once again. thanks for being the kind of family that I would happily spend another year of effort just like this, to make happy. You all deserve the very best!

Crazy_pilot 04-19-2009 10:23 PM

Re: Another great Reading

I wasn't there, but I'd still like to give a huge thank you to everyone who made this happen.

So what's going to happen at the 20th Anniversary meet to trump this?:lol:

svxcess 04-19-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 597984)
I wasn't there, but I'd still like to give a huge thank you to everyone who made this happen.

So what's going to happen at the 20th Anniversary meet to trump this?:lol:

The Prototype show car?...
The Amadeus wagon?...
The prototype 1 piece spoiler/trunklid mold?...

Maybe by then Earl will have his 20th SVX which he could donate as the raffle car.

Tim 04-19-2009 10:36 PM

Thanks again for everyone's hard work. It really went a long way this year and was extremely memorable :)

Crazy_pilot 04-20-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 597985)
The Prototype show car?...
The Amadeus wagon?...
The prototype 1 piece spoiler/trunklid mold?...

Maybe by then Earl will have his 20th SVX which he could donate as the raffle car.

:lol: Where is the Performance Attic? That might be a good location for the 20th.

SSSVX 04-20-2009 03:28 AM

Always thank you of your effort to the Readings! :cool:

I hope your SVX's problem is not a serious one.

Keep us updated. :)

RSVX 04-20-2009 08:42 AM

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

Chris 04-20-2009 11:05 AM

My personal thanks to ALL involved in making the pace car happen as well as the follow through for the Reading meet in general. And a bit thank you to everyone else that attended that make the meet such a memorable event. My head is still swimming from all the excitement and activities.

John I hope your little heat issue was nothing more than a warning from a sticking thermostat. I have had that happen before on occasion and I was fortunate to get away with only a thermostat change.

Great meet!

Mike621 04-21-2009 08:05 AM

Since returning from Reading, I have been inundated with "catching up" to do here at work.

I wanted to take a moment to thank not only all of the great people who attended this year, but the people who make every Reading the BEST READING EVER! :)

The appearance of the Pace Car and the racing Legacy combined with the perfect weather and the company of good friends made this year's Reading another great one to remember.

newsvx 04-21-2009 08:36 PM

Reading (no pun) all of the posts and seeing the pics taken, cause me even more pain of not being able to attend this year at Reading X. Great time and great people. Sure did miss it! But not next year.:D

John, Earl and Diana did a grand job with this event. Give them a pat on the back the next time you see him!! And all the others that helped put it together.

God, I hate I missed this year!!:(

Harry

ensteele 04-22-2009 03:29 PM

Harry - we did remember you there and were disapointed that you were not there with us. We did hoist a drink in your honor and then went on with our celebration. :lol: :lol:

SVXRide 04-22-2009 05:04 PM

Harry,
Count yourself lucky that you didn't get inundated with calls wondering why you weren't at Reading :rolleyes::lol:

I'm still wondering which Reading SVX female left the message that almost melted my phone :eek::D:cool:

-Bill

newsvx 04-22-2009 07:05 PM

Earl,
I would have hoped that at least TWO drinks would have been hoisted - early on too, so you would remember why you were "hoisting" ..... :lol: Yep, sure missed seeing all of you .......

Bill,
It's probably a good thing your wife didn't "catch" the call, huh!!!!

Harry

Green1995SVX 04-22-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 598490)
Harry,
Count yourself lucky that you didn't get inundated with calls wondering why you weren't at Reading :rolleyes::lol:

I'm still wondering which Reading SVX female left the message that almost melted my phone :eek::D:cool:

-Bill

I know who it was!!