The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Political Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Finally got OBL (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57181)

ensteele 05-01-2011 10:56 PM

Finally got OBL

It has been a long journey, but we finally got that *-!@#.

SSSVX 05-02-2011 02:26 AM

Re: Finally got OBL

It's great that he is dead.
He killed way too many people at 911.
Number one wanted terrorist is dead!
In town, students are getting crazy of this
news, burning stuff, blocking traffics just like
a riot, from a happy news.
People were driving around with US flags,
kept honking, honking at everyone.
It's good to get the justice back.

BRADY 05-02-2011 04:18 AM

It is all one big load of bull****. What are they distracting us from? Be critical of your government and consider the possibility that what they tell you MAY NOT be the truth.

This is some sort of side show, designed to distract you from the fact that the US economy has collapsed and probably something more sinister

I suggest carefully analysing what OTHER news happened today....Were new laws passed? Taxes raised? Constitution violated?

This is a MASSIVE distraction from something much darker.

dcarrb 05-02-2011 05:34 AM

Congratulations to the U.S. military and intelligence personnel who accomplished this task. Well done.

As much as this country could use the jubilation of a "Japan surrenders!" moment, I do think we need to realize that bin Laden's death is but a minor gain in the war on terror.

dcb

RSVX 05-02-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRADY (Post 675328)
It is all one big load of bull****. What are they distracting us from? Be critical of your government and consider the possibility that what they tell you MAY NOT be the truth.

This is some sort of side show, designed to distract you from the fact that the US economy has collapsed and probably something more sinister

I suggest carefully analysing what OTHER news happened today....Were new laws passed? Taxes raised? Constitution violated?

So, how far away from you is your copy of "The Catcher in the Rye"?

Freeman 05-02-2011 08:47 AM

Minor gain may be right. Especially since the new commander for the Al Quida says that he will have revenge on the US for Osama's death.

As for the conspiracy theorists, they are having a field day with this since we had to bury his body over there and followed the Muslim tradition of burying the body in 24 hours.

svxfiles 05-02-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 675336)
So, how far away from you is your copy of "The Catcher in the Rye"?

Its never far from me,;)

b3lha 05-02-2011 03:15 PM

So he wasn't hiding in Afghanistan after all!

Seems like America owe the Taliban an apology for all that bombing.:lol::lol::lol:

michael 05-03-2011 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRADY (Post 675328)

I'm with this guy! People need to wake up and stop watching TV.

LetItSnow 05-03-2011 06:53 AM

Step one in what's hokey is that they claim they have a 99.9% DNA confirmation from just a few hours after his death. Undoubtedly, the bin Laden compound doesn't have the appropriate equipment and (we're told) samples from family members' DNA collected over the years, so some bits of him must have been collected, transported, and processed in an impossibly short amount of time.

If he was killed when they told us he was, then the 99.9% DNA confirmation announcement was false. It's not like a pH test in your fish tank.

The way the 99.9% DNA confirmation is being described is also questionable. At best, they way it's told, they've definitely killed him or one of his brothers. This man has 50 siblings!

Phrasing in the press and overall timing leave much to question. I hope it's as stated, and I hope the repercussions either way aren't substantial, but I'm left with little faith from the vibe I get.

Cam 05-03-2011 07:17 AM

Not to mention all the inconsistencies in the story. It doesn't help when every 4 hours or so a "white house official" changes some MAJOR part of the story.

Let's not forget who armed, trained, and funded Osama Bin Laden to begin with. The united states government is getting a huge pat on the back for a 30 year **** up.

Not saying he didn't get what he deserved, just that I don't agree with so many people rejoicing over the death of someone. How heartless is that? Has anyone contributing here ever lived as a civilian in the middle east? I guarantee you it is not parallel to the accounts of the US media, and neither was Osama's role in his whole fiasco.

Bad guy or not, a scapegoat is a scapegoat.

icingdeath88 05-03-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam (Post 675402)
Not to mention all the inconsistencies in the story. It doesn't help when every 4 hours or so a "white house official" changes some MAJOR part of the story.

Let's not forget who armed, trained, and funded Osama Bin Laden to begin with. The united states government is getting a huge pat on the back for a 30 year **** up.

Not saying he didn't get what he deserved, just that I don't agree with so many people rejoicing over the death of someone. How heartless is that? Has anyone contributing here ever lived as a civilian in the middle east? I guarantee you it is not parallel to the accounts of the US media, and neither was Osama's role in his whole fiasco.

Bad guy or not, a scapegoat is a scapegoat.

Yes for a couple months as a time during summers when I was younger, and I have tons of family still over there. It was great. The media spin on even the people (forget politics) over there is just absurd.

Cam 05-03-2011 12:09 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barry-..._b_856251.html

I found that to be a very interesting read. It is a different perspective than most media outlets are conveying at the moment. Less bull**** to sift through than normal.

Sean486 05-03-2011 12:49 PM

Relevant or not I am glad he is dead, now we can finally stop wasting money on finding him.

LetItSnow 05-03-2011 01:12 PM

:applause: