The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cross Country Feeler (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45346)

TomsSVX 06-30-2008 06:03 PM

Cross Country Feeler

Come end of October I am going to be running X-country on a working vacation. If you would like to meet up or would like anything dropped off along the way let me know. I will be treking out in my Forester loaded with tools and parts and I have absolutely no idea when I will be back. All depends on how long it takes, I would imagine some time mid-late November... Route is still up in the air as I wait for someone to confirm but this is the list of stops so far...

Departure: Oct 24th
1. Wiley Ford WV- svxfile's place for the Pumpkin Carver Auto-X mini meet
2. Detroit, MI- Wawazatt??'s place to finish up some projects he has going
3. Iowa- Nevin's to drop off a differential
4. Littleton, CO- Shelfy's 5mt conversion
5. Boise Idaho- Chris's place for a break from a long ride and to finally meet him
6. Burlington, WA- Ensteele's place for a couple things
7. Newark, CA for Hydra training & Vacation
8. Grand Canyon- Because I have never been (may stop at Mt. Rushmore if I have time and the will)
9. Dunkirk MD- SVXRide's place for some warranty work
10. Back in NJ if all goes according to plan.

Route: Google Maps

If you would like me to swing by your area please let me know in advance. I will have my mobile internet with me so I can keep in touch the whole way.

Tom

greggbzz 06-30-2008 06:31 PM

Re: Cross Country Feeler

Jezz Tom mias well with all the driving you just planed tonight. :p

Mike621 06-30-2008 06:36 PM

Hmm.

Tim 06-30-2008 06:57 PM

Michigan's not too far. If you go to the west coast towards Washington I might consider that.

WestCoastSVX 06-30-2008 07:54 PM

Hey Tom - Are you looking for clients right now or just people to ride along or caravan with you? So far all the replies seem to be those. :D

I'd be interested in having a ton of stuff done to mine if you came as far as WA, and I could supply free room and board, but not for a whole merry band of tag alongs. :lol:

Won't have money for quite a while though, and in the meantime I'm trying to get done what I can myself. Would love to have you do a 5/6 speed swap in mine though. :cool:

I've also considered contacting you when the time was right ($$$$) about the possibility of flying you out here and at the same time lining up a bunch of the local group that needs things done and have everyone split up the airfare costs, find a central place for you to work/stay, and line up the jobs in a week or however long the to-do lists and your schedule dictates.

A cross country trip would be fun though, financed through doing SVX repairs/mods in every town. :)

TomsSVX 06-30-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 554587)
Hey Tom - Are you looking for clients right now or just people to ride along or caravan with you? So far all the replies seem to be those. :D

I'd be interested in having a ton of stuff done to mine if you came as far as WA, and I could supply free room and board, but not for a whole merry band of tag alongs. :lol:

Won't have money for quite a while though, and in the meantime I'm trying to get done what I can myself. Would love to have you do a 5/6 speed swap in mine though. :cool:

I've also considered contacting you when the time was right ($$$$) about the possibility of flying you out here and at the same time lining up a bunch of the local group that needs things done and have everyone split up the airfare costs, find a central place for you to work/stay, and line up the jobs in a week or however long the to-do lists and your schedule dictates.

A cross country trip would be fun though, financed through doing SVX repairs/mods in every town. :)

Well, thats the idea... I really wouldn't expect tag-alongs as most people have their daily grind they might not be able to forfeit for a month or so. More or less this has been something I have been wanting to do and I am just throwing it out there for ideas

Tom

SVXRide 06-30-2008 08:24 PM

And the intrepid YT started westward in his trusty silver SVX armed only with a few essential tools and the desire for a better life....

:D:D:D:D:D

-Bill

SVXRide 06-30-2008 08:26 PM

Like a modern day Paladin, YT rode into town, coming to the aid of ailing SVXi and small children alike.....

wawazat?? 06-30-2008 09:39 PM

Please kind sirs, help Tom make it to MI for me:lol:

What's the drive gonna be Tom, 13-15 hours? I drove home from Baltimore in 12. Reading is 9.5-10 hours. Pittsburgh is 5 hours.

Thanks for considering it.

Todd

wawazat?? 06-30-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 554598)
Like a modern day Paladin, YT rode into town, coming to the aid of ailing SVXi and small children alike.....

HA! Yeah, my SVX and little Liam (my newborn son).:lol:

BTW-YT YGPM

Tim 07-01-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 554597)
And the intrepid YT started westward in his trusty silver SVX armed only with a few essential tools and the desire for a better life....

:D:D:D:D:D

-Bill

I smell a reality TV Show :lol:

mikecg 07-01-2008 09:12 AM

Dont know where your headed, but you've got a place to crash in Vegas if you need it.

TomsSVX 07-01-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg (Post 554666)
Dont know where your headed, but you've got a place to crash in Vegas if you need it.

I get the funny feeling that would only land me in trouble:lol::lol:

Tom

SVXyGirl 07-01-2008 11:42 AM

Remember...what happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas.:rolleyes::D

TomsSVX 07-01-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl (Post 554695)
Remember...what happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas.:rolleyes::D

That all depends on if you ever leave:lol:

Tom