The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Part It??? Or Keep It??? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23065)

mysvxrocks 12-06-2004 06:05 PM

Part It??? Or Keep It???

IM TIRED OF ALL THE BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE CRANK PULLEY FLEW OFF MY ENGINE THE OTHER DAY, I KNEW IT HAD A CHIP IN IT BUT DIDNT KNOW WHEN IT WAS GOING TO COME OFF. WELL NOW THERE IS A BIGGER PROBLEM..... THE METAL PART THAT THE PULLEY SCREWS INTO HAS A GOOD SIZED CHIP IN IT. AS FOR THE BLACK PLASTIC PART UNDERNEATH THE PULLEY..... WELL ITS MELTED BECAUSE THE PULLEY WAS SPINNIN ON IT. I DONT KNOW NOW IF IM GOING TO KEEP THE CAR, OR PART IT OUT??? I DONT REALLY WANT TO GET RID OF IT BECAUSE I DONT THINK ILL BE ABLE TO GET ANOTHER. WELL PPL ILL HAVE TO DO SOME THINKING ON THIS ONE. IM JUST HOPING FOR THE BEST. THANKS ~DENNIS

SVXer95 12-06-2004 06:46 PM

Is there anything wrong with the car other than the pulley?

PS- your caps lock is on:rolleyes:

mysvxrocks 12-06-2004 06:53 PM

CAR

WELL I DONT REALLY THINK YOU WANT ME TO GO INTO THE LIST OF PROBLEMS, LOL. THE TRANNY IS STUCK IN 3RD, REAR WHEEL BEARINGS, BOTH VALVE COVER GASKETS NEED REPLACED, OOH AND ANOTHER MAJOR IS IT NEEDS A PAINT JOB AND SOME BODYWORK STILL NEEDS DONE. IF YOU REALLY WANT THE DETAILS ON IT ILL GIVE THEM ALL TO YOU. IF IM GOINT TO SELL IT ILL PROB. JUST SELL IT FOR AROUND 900-1,000 JUST BECAUSE IT NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. ~DENNIS

P.S. MY CAPS IS ON :rolleyes:

odepaj 12-06-2004 06:59 PM

my 92 ebony is for sale for 2250$, with your current SVX as a parts car and my ebony as a driver, you could have yourself a very nice daily driver :)

drivemusicnow 12-06-2004 08:08 PM

Re: CAR

Quote:

Originally posted by mysvxrocks
WELL I DONT REALLY THINK YOU WANT ME TO GO INTO THE LIST OF PROBLEMS, LOL. THE TRANNY IS STUCK IN 3RD, REAR WHEEL BEARINGS, BOTH VALVE COVER GASKETS NEED REPLACED, OOH AND ANOTHER MAJOR IS IT NEEDS A PAINT JOB AND SOME BODYWORK STILL NEEDS DONE. IF YOU REALLY WANT THE DETAILS ON IT ILL GIVE THEM ALL TO YOU. IF IM GOINT TO SELL IT ILL PROB. JUST SELL IT FOR AROUND 900-1,000 JUST BECAUSE IT NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. ~DENNIS

P.S. MY CAPS IS ON :rolleyes:

First the caps is really annoying.. second, if you sell the car for 1000 you're really kinda losing quite a bit of money.. i'd say you need to first figure out what it will all cost, what options you have, and think all of this out rationally.. i know you're pissed right now, and i would be to.. but don't make a rash decision about this... doesn't make sense to just drop the car cause its causing some heaches... you're problems, other than the tranny, seem to not be huge.. the paint can wait obviously, the rear wheel bearings are a neccesary thing, you but printout all the TSBs and info on here about them and correct installation. the valve cover gaskets shouldn't be too bad, mostly labor... you might have to prop the engine on this one.. not sure of the "procedure" of this one..

how much can you do yourself?? or with with paid SVX network labor (i hear a six pack is the going rate)

drivemusicnow 12-06-2004 08:40 PM

You're the same person whos planning on doing a full rebuild on your engine right?? do the work yourself, and it won't be too bad.. i'd do a manual swap at the same time and get everything taken care of

mysvxrocks 12-06-2004 08:43 PM

I want an auto not a clutch. and 1000 is about the only price i can sell it at. there are more problems with the car. The tires need replaced NOW they are at the legal limit for tread. The windsheild has one HUGE crack covering the whole windsheild. theres another 1000$. And I wouldnt lose alot of money because i piad 1,250 for it.

ensteele 12-06-2004 09:52 PM

I will PM you to help suggest some things. :)

TomsSVX 12-07-2004 09:08 AM

what are you going to tell him Earl? buy 6 more?:D ;)

n00b on demand 12-07-2004 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tomssvx
what are you going to tell him Earl? buy 6 more?:D ;)
:D

mysvxrocks 12-09-2004 08:03 PM

A little good news on my part

Well my parents finally gave in..... Were ordering all of the engine parts that need replaced from subaru parts. This is some GREAT news for me, because now my SVX will be driveable again! HELL YA!!!!!!!!!!! Just thought id update all of ya. P.S. One of my friends dad is a good mechanic and hes going to pull the engine for me to replace all of the gaskets for the entire engine, as well as fix the crankshaft. ~Dennis

ensteele 12-09-2004 11:23 PM

Good to hear it. :)

SilverSpear 12-10-2004 01:49 AM

Re: A little good news on my part

Quote:

Originally posted by mysvxrocks
Well my parents finally gave in..... Were ordering all of the engine parts that need replaced from subaru parts. This is some GREAT news for me, because now my SVX will be driveable again! HELL YA!!!!!!!!!!! Just thought id update all of ya. P.S. One of my friends dad is a good mechanic and hes going to pull the engine for me to replace all of the gaskets for the entire engine, as well as fix the crankshaft. ~Dennis
for future, i suggest you buying another wrecked SVX just for parts, I am trying to make a deal to get an SVX over from the states... if it will cost me $1000 including shipping, cost and customs, I will get it... I can sell only the doors complete over here for $1200...