The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   newb (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5164)

matt 07-31-2002 10:01 AM

newb

i picked up a 95 green/grey svx yesterday for $4k

thought it was a pretty good deal so i got it

97k looks good, feels tight

body has a lot of small scratches that i can buff out mostly and there're two small dents in the pass door

http://home.triad.rr.com/mattpierce/svx

planning on just driving it

i'll end up modifying something though

i've got a 86 grand national too

:cool:

Earthworm 07-31-2002 11:11 AM

Since you are new you can get away with having your front driver and rear passenger tires on backwards.......for now :D

matt 07-31-2002 01:22 PM

heh...just noticed that

i'll have to change them when i get off

Aredubjay 07-31-2002 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by matt
heh...just noticed that

i'll have to change them when i get off

:D

vkykam 07-31-2002 01:47 PM

And where was your mind, Aredub?? Tsk tsk... :D

VK

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

:D

SHISVX 07-31-2002 01:56 PM

welcome to the madhouse!

Kelli

this svx fever is catching rapidly, is there a cure yet?

Boone 07-31-2002 02:05 PM

If your wheels are on backwards, make sure your tires are on the right way too, If they're directional. (after you get off) :rolleyes: :p

matt 07-31-2002 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Boone
If your wheels are on backwards, make sure your tires are on the right way too, If they're directional. (after you get off) :rolleyes: :p
yeah

the tires are pretty new

they goofed up there i guess

svxistentialist 07-31-2002 05:45 PM

Directional

Yep. mine are directional.

They always seem to be going the same direction as the car and me.

;) :rolleyes:

Kamaleon 07-31-2002 05:53 PM

backward wheels?

Is there a big issue of having the wheels..... 'backwards' other than the odd look..

Kamaleon 07-31-2002 05:54 PM

congrats on ur purchase.

by the way.. congrats on that good lookign car (almost as good looking as my green 92) hehe.. joking :D

svxistentialist 07-31-2002 06:09 PM

Re: backward wheels?

Quote:

Originally posted by Kamaleon
Is there a big issue of having the wheels..... 'backwards' other than the odd look..
Kam [got a twin?], the wheels are designed that way to feed air to keep the rotors cool. Which if you have warped rotors you will know doesn't work anyways, so just put them on right to go along with the principle of the thing.:)

The REAL problem only comes into play if your tyres are "directional" In this case, if they are on backwards, the sipes will not handle the rain properly, so they will grip really badly in the wet. They probably also won't brake properly. In theory, handling could be pretty hairy, mostly at high speed in the wet.

Not all tyres are directional, but most modern high-performance ones are. Look at the side of your tyre[tire] If there is an arrow on it, and the arrow is going against the rotation of the tire, then your wheels are on wrong, switch them, have them all the same.

Joe:)

Kamaleon 07-31-2002 06:58 PM

my wheels are good

ahhhh!!!!! The idea of ventilated brakes is good, but it doest seem to work. I remember when i did the 120k service the tech mentioned something about a wheel being backwards but i just checked some pictures of the car and it seems they are all correct..

subymtnguy 07-31-2002 07:18 PM

Welcome to the club...

You are the second Matt in a week, to join the gang! Your car looks great! Nice find. Hope you have as good of luck with yours as I have had. You will find it really grows on you. ;)

Aredubjay 07-31-2002 08:08 PM

Re: Welcome to the club...

Quote:

Originally posted by subymtnguy
You will find it really grows on you. ;)
Grow on you? My friend told once told me, "You realize that, one of these days, you'll become so much a part of that car, it will absorb you." :D