The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Someone crashed into my SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49087)

Lemke 02-11-2009 08:00 PM

Someone crashed into my SVX

Last night when I got out of work and was going to my car to head home I noticed a big dent on my hood located above the right headlight. The headlight also has a hole in it. I'll post a picture tomorrow morning. The dent on the hood is cosmetic. The engine is fine, the bumper is fine, even that piece of glass or plastic (whatever it is) surrounding the grill is fine. A nice chunck of paint on the hood has chipped away leaving some of the metal bare, but I can live with that until I get a new hood. The headlight needs to be fixed quickly though. I dont want water to get into the housing and wreck my electrical system, if thats possible.

What are the best bulbs to get? My headlights have been pretty dim for awhile and my foglights dont even work, so I will be getting new bulbs for everything.

-Daniel

ShiuludeSVX 02-11-2009 09:00 PM

Re: Someone crashed into my SVX

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemke (Post 587105)
Last night when I got out of work and was going to my car to head home I noticed a big dent on my hood located above the right headlight. The headlight also has a hole in it. I'll post a picture tomorrow morning. The dent on the hood is cosmetic. The engine is fine, the bumper is fine, even that piece of glass or plastic (whatever it is) surrounding the grill is fine. A nice chunck of paint on the hood has chipped away leaving some of the metal bare, but I can live with that until I get a new hood. The headlight needs to be fixed quickly though. I dont want water to get into the housing and wreck my electrical system, if thats possible.

What are the best bulbs to get? My headlights have been pretty dim for awhile and my foglights dont even work, so I will be getting new bulbs for everything.

-Daniel

Sorry to hear about the Bagger that did that to your car.
Look in the How-To's for the Headlight Modification to 2005's all the way around. It's a real easy Mod, and it's like having {actually it is} two sets of brights.

ensteele 02-11-2009 11:02 PM

Or, you could put in HIDs. The best mod of them all. :D

Lemke 02-12-2009 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture:

Blacky 02-12-2009 10:25 AM

It looks like somebody backed into it with a long object sticking out of the back of their vehicle. There's only the one small contact point. They may not even know they did it but I'm probably giving credit where none is due.

Mike621 02-12-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemke (Post 587105)

-Daniel

Getting water in the destroyed headlamp should not cause any electrical faults, other than blowing the bulbs. I would however, replace the light as soon as possible. The other lights could probably use a buffing as well, seeing the amount yellowing on your lenses. This would restore some clarity and allow for better visibility at night. :)

Also, I believe we have a pair of headlight assemblies which are nice and clear if you are interested.

Just trying to help.

Lemke 02-12-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 587167)
It looks like somebody backed into it with a long object sticking out of the back of their vehicle. There's only the one small contact point. They may not even know they did it but I'm probably giving credit where none is due.

I'm thinking a trailer-hitch hit my car.

ShiuludeSVX 02-12-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemke (Post 587165)
Here's a picture:

Somebody tie me up.
I'd be spitting blood if I came out and saw that on my car.

Lemke 02-13-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX (Post 587235)
Somebody tie me up.
I'd be spitting blood if I came out and saw that on my car.

lol I said a few choice words. The thing is though, I've been meaning to get new headlights for the car but I've just been to lazy to do anything about it, but now I have to. The hood I can live with for awhile but I'll be getting a new one soon.