The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Installed Stage I, lost security system (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20633)

Wiz 08-12-2004 07:35 PM

Installed Stage I, lost security system

1 Attachment(s)
I installed stage I and reconnected my battery and my security system would not work any more. The security light is stuck on. And it would not enter programming mode. I assume my module is toast. My question is, has anyone figured out why they die? When I opened mine I noticed one wire that was sodered but the point broke and its no longer connected. I attached a pic. Any ideas as to what it is? I tried plugging the module in and manually pushing the relay inside of it to see if that reset anything. No go. Just made the lights in the car dim.

RojoRocket 08-12-2004 08:37 PM

Wiz, I just lost mine last month when I got the car back from major service. Same won't go into programming mode. My Stage1 sits waiting to go in, so I can't point the finger that way. I'm just figuring age, and relocation from the balmy SoCal Coast up to the HOT Central Valley is causing many maladies to present themselves in an 11 year old car. Hadn't realized how much I liked the remote locking feature either.:( :mad: :confused:
But the Rocket remains my favorite car ever!:D :cool:

Glenn

It's only money after all!!!:)

Green1995SVX 08-12-2004 09:16 PM

This is a common problem that occurs when the battery is disconnected. You'll need a new security module.

Mike

Wiz 08-12-2004 09:19 PM

Yea, I should have expected it anyways. The stupid thing would give a warning honk every day at about 15 min before 11am every day if it was armed. It would even do it in quite areas were nothing from the outside could have set it off. I heard these were the symtoms of a failing module. Maybe the battery disconnect is what tends to put them over the edge when they are about to die.

I resodered the loose wire and tired it again. Still dead.

I'm gonna have to yank the module from my totaled car now. I hope that one works.

Wiz 08-13-2004 10:46 AM

Success, after taking the module from my totaled car and installing it in this one everything started working again. It was a pita to program but it works now none the less. Glad thats over with. :)

Peach 08-13-2004 09:36 PM

security module

My Svx came with the module unplugged. I was told that some other system was installed. The other security system was taken out and the stock one left unplugged. Could someone tell me the location of the stock module? Is it on the driver or pass side. At 6 foot plus I don't fit real good under the dash, so if someone could point me in the right direction maybe I could replug the unit and have my security system back, thanx.

92 Pearlie 146k rice rice baby:)

Earthworm 08-13-2004 09:51 PM

On 92's you will have to look behind the glove compartment. Apparantly there's about 20 screws holding that thing in.

Noticed this is my 3300th post. Seems like a significant post number for this site. :D

Peach 08-13-2004 10:10 PM

Congrats on your mileposts :) That's a fair bit typing. Also thanks for locale of module, supposedly all I got to do is plug it in but that sounds to easy!

92 Pearlie with possible working security:D