The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PPG Car (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28451)

PDSides 09-17-2005 06:26 PM

PPG Car

Over on the Yahoo site, SVXIT posted a pic of the PPG SVX, a car I have not seen in a long time. Do any of you know whatever happened to that car? I wonder if it was owned by PPG or by Subaru? I would appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks.
Preston

AFBeefcake 09-17-2005 06:47 PM

I think it was last seen at a Subaru warehouse in NJ.

svxcess 09-17-2005 07:37 PM

I believe it is in Cherry Hill as well. We have tried unsuccessfully to get it to make a showing at Reading, or more importantly, The Lafayette Meet.

PDSides 09-18-2005 11:18 AM

PPG Car

There is a professional photographer member on the Yahoo group who lives very near Cherry Hill. Does anybody have a contact he might call and inqire about going in and taking a few pictures?
Preston

mikecg 09-18-2005 12:16 PM

Ahhhhh, whats the PPG SVX????

benebob 09-18-2005 12:45 PM

The PPG was a pace car back in 91 or 92. Last I was told it "might" be at NJ but wasn't in running condition. It would be a cold day in hell before Subaru lets it out for any reason it seems. I'd love to use it as a parts car though. :D

PDSides 09-18-2005 02:59 PM

To see a pic of the PPG SVX go to the Subaru SVX Yahoo Group site. The PPG car was a pace car for a series of races. It is race prepared and not street legal. It is a historic car in terms of Subaru and the SVX. Hard to tell from the pic, but it was a silver SVX overpainted PPG purple from the rear forward, blending back to silver at about the A pillar. Not very pretty, but certainly distinctive.
Preston

svxpert 09-18-2005 08:21 PM

-

<<Last I was told it "might" be at NJ but wasn't in running condition. It would be a cold day in hell before Subaru lets it out for any reason it seems. >>

It runs fine. I had a ride in it about 4 years ago. I have posted pics of it here before. do a search and you should come up with them.

svxpert 09-18-2005 08:27 PM

<<We have tried unsuccessfully to get it to make a showing at Reading, or more importantly, The Lafayette Meet.>>

I remember talking to someone on here about getting the car to one of the Reading Meets. The concern was the money it was going to take. No one wanted to get money together to get it towed there. Maybe next year people will want to do something to get it to the meet.

Seraph 09-19-2005 08:18 AM

If they want it towed, I'll bring down my truck.

benebob 09-19-2005 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxpert
I remember talking to someone on here about getting the car to one of the Reading Meets. The concern was the money it was going to take. No one wanted to get money together to get it towed there. Maybe next year people will want to do something to get it to the meet.

Money wasn't the concern it is Subaru's lack of interest. They would need to have a rep there also, the car would have to be transported by a licensed bonded company for liability concerns. Two things that could've easily been overcome if anyone was willing to work with us or even admit that the car is there.

RSVX 09-19-2005 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDSides
There is a professional photographer member on the Yahoo group who lives very near Cherry Hill. Does anybody have a contact he might call and inqire about going in and taking a few pictures?
Preston

I know him, he lives down the street from where I used to live... He has owned 3 SVXes.

svxpert would know, seeing as he has been to my old residence on a few occasions.

Seraph 09-20-2005 08:53 PM

They don't want to sell their bastard child either. I'd pay anything to own that car.

wynndi 09-20-2005 09:03 PM

I too am a photographer next to Cherry Hill, in Haddon Heights. If anyone has a contact at Subaru, I'd be more than glad to look them up and do a shoot!

ensteele 09-20-2005 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraph
They don't want to sell their bastard child either. I'd pay anything to own that car.

Anything? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :) :)