The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Why was I born into this disgusting generation? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59191)

B 4 You 02-08-2012 04:07 PM

Why was I born into this disgusting generation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDSbG8jJP7I

:barf:

This is, sadly, the school I go to. I'm studying civil engineering, I'm getting married in June, and I'm going to make something out of myself. I will NEVER understand why this lifestyle is chosen. What will they ever amount to? They're worthless pieces of trash... Gosh. I wish I was born 10 years sooner.

Sean486 02-08-2012 04:37 PM

Re: Why was I born into this disgusting generation?

Apparently you need a youtube account to view it. What happens?

redlightningsvx 02-08-2012 04:41 PM

You got to love good ol' PA.

subeman90 02-08-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B 4 You (Post 696669)
Gosh. I wish I was born 10 years sooner.

dude they did this 10 years ago, 20 years ago, and even 30 years ago. Sorry but this is college. You don't have to be like them. These are the people that will make you graduate higher in your class (class rank) ;)

I don't remember that much girl on girl kissing back 18 years ago..:(

*I didn't go to IUP but I went to a place similar in PA

Crazy_pilot 02-08-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 696671)
Apparently you need a youtube account to view it. What happens?

College party, drunken stupidity, recreational drug use, minor amounts of girl-girl making out.

Difference between our generation and past ones is that our parents couldn't put stuff on Youtube. If they could I'm betting it would look pretty much the same. Less flat-bills maybe.

B 4 You 02-08-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subeman90 (Post 696675)
dude they did this 10 years ago, 20 years ago, and even 30 years ago. Sorry but this is college. You don't have to be like them. These are the people that will make you graduate higher in your class (class rank) ;)

I don't remember that much girl on girl kissing back 18 years ago..:(

*I didn't go to IUP but I went to a place similar in PA

What's hilarious is everyone here thinks this school and area have the most attractive girls in the country... I grew up in sunny California, trust me, it's better out there. :rolleyes:

Chuckls 02-08-2012 05:36 PM

It's the same with every generation..and it depends on which college you go to.

I'm in college and I don't do that whole party scene. I wish I could, as it would be a bump up in my socialness, but hey..I like my grades.

RojoRocket 02-08-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckls (Post 696678)
It's the same with every generation..and it depends on which college you go to.

I'm in college and I don't do that whole party scene. I wish I could, as it would be a bump up in my socialness, but hey..I like my grades.

Smartest post I've seen from you Chuckls! Bravo! And keep working for what you know to be the real thing. Don't fall for the B.S.

Glenn

Ooops! Forgot to add....In my opinion.

Chuckls 02-08-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojoRocket (Post 696682)
Smartest post I've seen from you Chuckls! Bravo!

:-| Mostly I post humor, but not all of you old folk get it, Thanks though.

Green1995SVX 02-08-2012 07:36 PM

That seems pretty much exactly like Slippery Rock 10 years ago. I'm not even sure how I remember that. But anyway, yeah, that's how college is. It's definitely not a generational thing.

NikFu S. 02-08-2012 08:11 PM

According to my research the "disgustingness" of civilization actually decreases over time.
The "cool bro" culture is pretty recently promulgated but people all through history are just born the with ackinafoo gene.
The cool bro dawgs are an occasionally shameful bunch, but I've known a few who were honest, hard-working, and pleasant company despite their night life.
I could go on and on about why bro culture exists and how to stop it, but... that wouldn't be a very cool story.

Landshark 02-08-2012 09:32 PM

I didnt watch the entire video, but at least i didnt see any dudes wearing skinny jeans or any Bieber haircuts.

I say the cup is 1/2 full!

subeman90 02-09-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B 4 You (Post 696677)
What's hilarious is everyone here thinks this school and area have the most attractive girls in the country... I grew up in sunny California, trust me, it's better out there. :rolleyes:

ever hear of beer goggles? Trust me I'm sure there is more than one guy on that video that wakes up in the morning going "ah $hit not her"

I've been to sunny CA and yes there are some fine ladies out there. I also saw a lot of plastic too. :lol:

dcarrb 02-09-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 696676)

Difference between our generation and past ones is that our parents couldn't put stuff on Youtube.

Bingo. As one who came of age in (and survived) the 70s, I think it's safe to say the current crowd is just hoeing the same old row. Only now, they broadcast it to the world, presuming that anyone cares.

Folks are gonna have some explainin' to do when these works of art and assorted profundities are still turning up 20 or 30 years from now. Talk about being haunted.

dcb

svxcess 02-09-2012 06:13 AM

An expression of the excesses of this era of life.

BROHEMIAN RHAPSODY

Kind of funny and quite pathetic at the same time, but an entertaining tribute to "Queen."