The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   European svx video (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61299)

kjoyes 02-12-2013 11:50 PM

European svx video

just came across this video that I though I would share
I like the way they pronounce Subaru.
Can you spot all the differences?
like what is that red light on top of the steering wheel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Wph5OQB-Afo

scoobymal 02-13-2013 01:09 AM

Re: European svx video

That car is a JDM Alcyone from Japan, I'm guessing by the "accent" he's in Australia or New Zealand. Yes, I spot the 4 wheel steer, electric folding mirrors, flowery floor mats,cat warning light, Jdm/European A/C controls,3rd rear lap belt, Boxer engine cover, not seeing the red "thing" is it not a car outside through the front windscreen ??
:)

kjoyes 02-13-2013 02:42 AM

it is a little red blub that is on top of the steering wheel column it is a 2:01 second in to the video.
what is that bulge in the trunk compartment my guess is 6 disc changer?
jdm radiator it looks all aluminum?

powerdog 02-13-2013 03:36 AM

clean "boot space". Nice mats too.

scoobymal 02-13-2013 05:38 AM

Aha I see it now, I have one on mine, it is for an after market alarm/immobilizer (it's a light that flashes when armed) obvious other differnces to your US models are front wing (fender) flashers, Alcyone bonnet (hood) badge, RHD:lol:

B 4 You 02-13-2013 08:21 AM

Soo barew is-vee-icks alkaline

DeltaSlyHoney 02-13-2013 11:04 AM

Bump in the boot, or trunk if you prefer, is CD autochanger. Radiator on my JDM has plastic header. Auluminium radiator looks like a replacement.

SURTEESS 02-13-2013 12:22 PM

The video is from NZ - I remember that car on www.trademe.co.nz about 2 years ago, the red LED is just a simple self flasher....you can buy them from any electronics component store, just wire it into the ingition such that when you turn ignition off the LED comes on.

Hi DeltaSlyHoney - I used to live just up the road from you -

2 years in Arbroath
6 months in Lossiemouth

it is a small SVX world ha! ha!

scoobymal 02-13-2013 02:17 PM

Just spotted the infra red receiver in the door handle :) my 92 JDM and 96UK car, both have this neat feature.

SURTEESS 02-13-2013 02:38 PM

Yes so has mine.

also mine has keyless entry - factory standard........

DeltaSlyHoney 02-14-2013 10:46 AM

Hi SURTEESS, canna beat the taste of a good smokie :).

Not sure if this is a general thing but apparently I can set up an 4 digit unlock code for the doors which is entered by flipping the door handle.

Never set it up yet though.

jetboy 02-14-2013 02:24 PM

We don't use any kind of dollars in Europe. And the aussies and kiwis have "accents", too ;)

You can see in the roof lining that this is a very early edition. Have you UK guys seen that arrangement on your RHD cars?

scoobymal 02-15-2013 02:21 AM

You can see in the roof lining that this is a very early edition. Have you UK guys seen that arrangement on your RHD cars?[/QUOTE]

In the UK all cars came with factory fitted electric sunroofs, so head linings always going to be different :) JDM/Alcyones are imports, not sure if they get sunroofs:confused:

SilverSpear 02-15-2013 04:53 AM

My Middle Eastern version looked exactly the same as this one on the outside. Clear corners, big red side markers, no spoiler, etc... The only difference is that I have a sunroof.

I also have the bulge in the trunk, it is a hinged cover to the CD box. My immobilizer is quite very very rare, a built in key and fob like newer subarus but only with one button which opens and closes the car. There is a rectangular/oval shaped holes on the outer door handles which accomodate underneath the alarm sensors (that read from the Fob).

oab_au 02-15-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 719981)
My Middle Eastern version looked exactly the same as this one on the outside. Clear corners, big red side markers, no spoiler, etc... The only difference is that I have a sunroof.

I also have the bulge in the trunk, it is a hinged cover to the CD box. My immobilizer is quite very very rare, a built in key and fob like newer subarus but only with one button which opens and closes the car. There is a rectangular/oval shaped holes on the outer door handles which accomodate underneath the alarm sensors (that read from the Fob).

Not to mention the lack of the EGR, cats, more hp, and leaded gas.:D

Harvey.