The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to get a Title (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31549)

TomsSVX 02-15-2006 12:44 AM

How to get a Title

I need to get the title for the teal. Brandon (Boxer6SVX) will not answer my calls and I have not recieved the title in the mail. If it is going to be too much of a pain expect this car to be parted out. Thnaks guys

TOm

AvPPoW 02-15-2006 12:46 AM

Call trenton

TomsSVX 02-15-2006 12:48 AM

there are a lot of phones in trenton:rolleyes:

Tom

lhopp77 02-15-2006 08:26 AM

Action

Send Quido to see Brandon. A busted knee cap does wonders in obtaining results. :D

Lee

Electrophil 02-15-2006 08:43 AM

Gonna go grab some popcorn.

History says this thread will turn out interesting. :)

PS: I have no idea how to get a title unless you apply for a lost title. But... it won't come back with the right owner listed. so...:confused: :confused:

It's Just Eric 02-15-2006 03:52 PM

+1 on popcorn. You like it with extra butter? Gotta find a kid with alot of acne to make it..they always do it best.
If you part it out, I call dibs on whatever parts are free:D

NikFu S. 02-15-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
+1 on popcorn. You like it with extra butter? Gotta find a kid with alot of acne to make it..they always do it best.

In one of the smaller local theaters you can find more popcorn on the floor behind the counter than going into buckets or other containers.

I wonder if it comes at a discount.

Electrophil 02-15-2006 04:52 PM

I was just talking to an Xray technician about popcorn. If you buy the large out here, you can get a free refill as you go out the door.

I'll snack on that bag for 3 days. I thought I was the only one gross enough to do that. I just found out she does too.

Anybody else out there like movie popcorn the next day? Or are there only two of us.

(Hijack!) :eek:

Electrophil 02-15-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric

Lots of butter....lots and lots... I still have an artery left to clog. Lots!

SubaSteevo 02-15-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
Gonna go grab some popcorn.

History says this thread will turn out interesting. :)

PS: I have no idea how to get a title unless you apply for a lost title. But... it won't come back with the right owner listed. so...:confused: :confused:

As Rob said, to my knowledge they will only send a replacement title to whomever they have listed as the current owner. Outside of filing a complaint against him, I think you are SOL.

P.S. How about some kettle corn in here?

Electrophil 02-15-2006 06:39 PM

mmmmm... Kettle corn..

What happened to Boxer? Did he leave us?

(Crunch, crunch, crunch, slurrrrp... crunch, crunch.)

ensteele 02-15-2006 06:43 PM

I am waiting on a title myself. He lost it and has applied for a lost one and then will send it to me. I hope anyway. If you don't have a title, it is also illegal to part it out. That was my problem. :o

Chiketkd 02-15-2006 08:25 PM

Hey Tom,

Did you at least draw up a Bill of Sale when you bought the car from him? That'll at least stand up in court that you paid him to take ownership of the car... (especially if you decide to part it out)

-Chike

intelisevil 02-15-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
If you don't have a title, it is also illegal to part it out.

If you part it out to members of the network, I don't think you'd get into trouble . . .

I would think the only item with a traceable number on it would be the engine?

Dispose of the various plates on the car that have the VIN on them the same way you disposed of the body of the guy who was messing with your cars and you'll be just fine!;) ;) ;)

Dan

TomsSVX 02-15-2006 09:12 PM

Listen, I am going to try my hardest to get the title. Worst comes to worst I will bring it to court. I think I am gonna part it anyway since it is in such bad shape. To get it back to anyone's standards would cost me thousands of dollars and I feel my money would be spent much more wisely elsewhere. So, anyone needs any parts? I am already ahead of the game with the exhaust that came with it so parts will be reasonably cheap. Gonna try and sell the engine and complete ECU and harness on ebay. Seems like that is the only place I will get any decent $ for the car. Everything else is up for grabs

Tom