The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT- Offer accepted on a house (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5849)

benebob 09-10-2002 05:11 PM

OT- Offer accepted on a house

Just got word from our realtor that our offer was accepted on a house just outside of Lancaster. My SVX is soooo excited. She now gets her own garage!!!

Seraph 09-10-2002 05:16 PM

Re: OT- Offer accepted on a house

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Just got word from our realtor that our offer was accepted on a house just outside of Lancaster. My SVX is soooo excited. She now gets her own garage!!!
Congrets on your new home.

My SVX is so jealous right now.

Green1995SVX 09-10-2002 05:17 PM

Re: OT- Offer accepted on a house

Quote:

Congrats, Ben! Which district is the house in?

Mike

benebob 09-10-2002 07:09 PM

District

Its in Manheim Township, on Pleasure Rd (right near where Ames used to be).

Green1995SVX 09-10-2002 07:22 PM

Re: District

Quote:

Its in Manheim Township
So now you're better than me, right?? :D Township kids always make fun of Penn Manor kids.

Mike

Landshark 09-10-2002 07:26 PM

congrats on the house! and you thought the maintenance on a SVX was a pain.......:) start planning the winter garage projects!

benebob 09-10-2002 07:30 PM

Well yeah

Off course I think I'm better than you... I got two subies and you just got one;) . As for the schools not a clue although I have heard that Township has some ego issues. That's a long way off for me (I hope). Still need get a few more cars before then. There seems to be a new red SVX in the area with NJ plates. I past one on Sunday and then past it (or another one who waved at me) by the Saturn dealer on 72. I'll keep my eyes posted to track him down!

Green1995SVX 09-10-2002 07:55 PM

Re: Well yeah

Quote:

Off course I think I'm better than you... I got two subies and you just got one;) . As for the schools not a clue although I have heard that Township has some ego issues. That's a long way off for me (I hope). Still need get a few more cars before then. There seems to be a new red SVX in the area with NJ plates. I past one on Sunday and then past it (or another one who waved at me) by the Saturn dealer on 72. I'll keep my eyes posted to track him down!
I left a network card on a red one by the barnes and noble. I believe the owner works there as I have seen the car there multiple times. Township does have 'ego issues' as you put it. I liked Penn Manor, but of course, i'm partial to that district as that is where I was. According to an article i read in the Lancaster Intel a few months back, Manheim Township has the largest number of households with incomes over over 300,000 per year in the Lancaster area. Just an intersting tidbit. :)

Mike

Beav 09-10-2002 08:05 PM

Congrats B., hopefully I won't be too far behind you.

The hard part for me is to find a place with enough garage space. Between cars, tools and woodworking/furniture making it seems to be more of a priority than the house. :) Maybe I should go to Plan B and build a 50x80 steel building and use the first 30 feet for a residence (and 30 for workshop and 20 in the middle for a bar/sportsroom...)

Landshark 09-10-2002 08:12 PM

my buddy has the ultimate garage. its humongous! there's an area in the corner that's the size of a normal gameroom: carpeted with a La-Z-Boy, couch, fridge, TV, and bar. three-cars, tools, etc. work on the car, then take a break with a nice cold one on the recliner and watch a little TV. nice! :D

Green1995SVX 09-10-2002 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
my buddy has the ultimate garage. its humongous! there's an area in the corner that's the size of a normal gameroom: carpeted with a La-Z-Boy, couch, fridge, TV, and bar. three-cars, tools, etc. work on the car, then take a break with a nice cold one on the recliner and watch a little TV. nice! :D
Good lord. There's no way this guy is married. No wife would allow such a thing.

Mike