The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Updated Style Keyless Remote Fobs (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27765)

Rotorflyr 08-08-2005 03:08 AM

New Updated Style Keyless Remote Fobs

Theres a company selling a new remote fob for our keyless entry systems

Keyless Ride *

Keyless Ride On Ebay

Cheaper then the originals available, if anyone orders one, let us know how well they work and if the quality is good!

*edited link, just enter vehicle info for correct page

ensteele 08-08-2005 03:35 PM

If anyone has tried one, I would like to know how they work and if they programed ok. :)

svxcess 08-08-2005 06:55 PM

For only $39.00, the smaller, lighter, more water-resistant remote seems like a good deal. The 6 month warranty is good as well.

But their "original-looking" remote goes for $76.00 (which is a lot more than a genuine SVX factory remote, which is only $49.49 from subaruparts.com.) The dealership price for the factory remote is only $60.00, so how does KeylessRides come up with a dealership price of $116.00?

Plus the cheaper genuine SVX factory remote comes with a 12 month warranty, while the KeylessRide lookalike has only a 3 month warranty.

I'll probably order the cheaper one and check it out.

ssnsltd 08-08-2005 09:08 PM

I know This one works

Rotorflyr 08-09-2005 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
For only $39.00, the smaller, lighter, more water-resistant remote seems like a good deal. The 6 month warranty is good as well.

But their "original-looking" remote goes for $76.00 (which is a lot more than a genuine SVX factory remote), only a 3 month warranty.

I'll probably order the cheaper one and check it out.

Yeah John, I posted to the link for the smaller unit, not the original look-a-like
I wouldn't spend the extra money for one that looks original when they can be had for less from subaru. If you do order one of the cheaper ones, post back and let us know how well they work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssnsltd
I know This one works

ssn, do you use one of these with your SVX? (original security system)?
Was it easy to program for the car?
Easy to program the multi button capability??
Did you get it from e-bay or can you order directly and not have to get into a bidding war?

svxcess 08-09-2005 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssnsltd
I know This one works

At 4 separate channels per remote, Earl would only need three remotes to keep his stable of "2300 horses" secure (and still have room for #11 and #12)

ssnsltd 08-09-2005 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=ssn, do you use one of these with your SVX? (original security system)?
Was it easy to program for the car?
Easy to program the multi button capability??
Did you get it from e-bay or can you order directly and not have to get into a bidding war?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I use one now with the factory alarm. It has at least 3x the range of the stock one. It also uses a "standard" remote battery.
It took a bit to get it programmed but the instructions are complete. (The SVX is on one of the alternate frequencies, so you have to use a dip switch.)
As there is only one button for the Car, I don’t use the other buttons. The other device would need to be in the same frequency “range” as the SVX in order to work though. I did an eBay purchase from “thetwinsbaby,” not the one I listed. I don’t think I would use them again. I did find them online as well, the auction ended up cheaper.

I would get it again.

gsodonis 08-14-2005 07:06 AM

Nice remote!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
If anyone has tried one, I would like to know how they work and if they programed ok. :)

I just recived the new style remote Friday. The programming is IDENTICAL to the stock remote. The range is much, much better. The 'footprint' is essentially the same but it is slimmer; I'll probably remove the dangling chain & clip and just re-use the factory split ring. I've included side-by-side pics for sake of comparison.
The factory remote in the pic was brand new just 8 months ago. I bought it from the local dealer, NIB. As you can tell from the picture, the factory style remote doesn't wear well, at least not in my pocket. I'm hoping the new design is as durable as it looks. I can recommend this item at this point and will let everyone know I encounter any issues; I don't expect any.

SvXSubaru92 08-14-2005 04:22 PM

Would one from my moms 2000 legacy work?

TomsSVX 08-21-2005 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsodonis
I just recived the new style remote Friday. The programming is IDENTICAL to the stock remote. The range is much, much better. The 'footprint' is essentially the same but it is slimmer; I'll probably remove the dangling chain & clip and just re-use the factory split ring. I've included side-by-side pics for sake of comparison.
The factory remote in the pic was brand new just 8 months ago. I bought it from the local dealer, NIB. As you can tell from the picture, the factory style remote doesn't wear well, at least not in my pocket. I'm hoping the new design is as durable as it looks. I can recommend this item at this point and will let everyone know I encounter any issues; I don't expect any.

So where can I get my hands on one of these bad boys....

Tom

gsodonis 08-22-2005 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
So where can I get my hands on one of these bad boys....

Tom

You can get one here:
Link to new remote website

Aredubjay 08-22-2005 10:57 PM

Too bad I'm such a "stock boy." :D

intelisevil 08-23-2005 12:30 AM

I just got mine . . .

I just got two 'KeylessRide' remotes for my new (to me) '92. They programmed just like Subaru said the originals should: five presses of the remotes - not four like the instructions from 'KeylessRide'.

The previous owner did give me an original remote "that hasn't worked for years", so I am glad to have found these replacements.

Does anyone know what the second button in the original remote was for? If you open up the remote you'll see not one, but two switches.

Dan

TomsSVX 08-23-2005 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelisevil
I just got two 'KeylessRide' remotes for my new (to me) '92. They programmed just like Subaru said the originals should: five presses of the remotes - not four like the instructions from 'KeylessRide'.

The previous owner did give me an original remote "that hasn't worked for years", so I am glad to have found these replacements.

Does anyone know what the second button in the original remote was for? If you open up the remote you'll see not one, but two switches.

Dan

Did you try to replace the battery??

Tom

intelisevil 08-23-2005 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Did you try to replace the battery??

Tom

No, the original remote has seen better days. All four corners are cracked off, no screws, only one of the threaded brass inserts still exists.

I'll just keep it for my private SVX museum . . .

Dan