The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Svx Sighting In New York (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19904)

n00b on demand 07-13-2004 01:03 PM

Svx Sighting In New York

Ok so i went out to get some Chinese food this afternoon in Elmsford and imagine my surprise when i see this beautiful black SVX parked outside of it. Theres also an express Lube and post office near by. My guess was that it was a 92 SVX...i dunno why but its just a feeling. I waited for the owner to come out but no luck. Had New York plates of course I wish i got to talk to the owner....and i left my network cards at home :rolleyes:

jklmnopqrst 07-16-2004 11:15 PM

Doesn't it suck when you get no replys to your thread. :) Consider this a bump. I'll be crossing my fingers for a success story. :)

JeffN 07-17-2004 07:38 AM

We sold our 92 blackie to a guy on L.I.-maybe it's him.

n00b on demand 07-17-2004 09:31 AM

Hmm im not sure what he would be doing here in westchester county but hey maybe! The guy was bald headed and looked pretty young. Maybe early 30's if anything. Maybe around 6 ft tall. I have seen about 5 SVX's here now and none of them on the network. There is also this one SVX i see in Yonkers parked outside an autobody shop. Its a purple colored SVX with Ny plates that say SVX on em so just by that you know he is an enthusiast. I wonder if he is on the network :confused:

AFBeefcake 07-17-2004 10:34 AM

I was In New York City on 7/15/2004. But did not see any other SVXs.

dml0325 08-02-2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
I have seen about 5 SVX's here now and none of them on the network.
Maybe one of the ones you saw was mine? I have a 95 emerald green and live in Hartsdale. I've also seen another emerald green in town occassionally drive by as I walk home from the train station. Plus, I've seen a white SVX at Casarella's station on E. Hartsdale Ave two or three times (wheels backwards). For a while there was a white one parked at the Duane Reade (I don't think the same one), but it's no longer there.

n00b on demand 08-03-2004 04:48 PM

Your in hartsdale?! Thats awesome because i live in greenburgh so were practically neighbors. We should definitley meet up sometime. I have a 93 red SVX with custom rims on it. You may have seen it sometime.

dml0325 08-06-2004 11:09 AM

We should do a NYC Metro Area meetup, perhaps...?

And speaking of our neighborhood, do you have any recommendations for a shop to do repair work on my SVX? A bunch of problems have just cropped up in the past month or two: front passenger window stopped working, A/C blowing hot, and an occassional rare "check engine" light with a code indicating the right-side oxygen sensor. Bleah.

n00b on demand 08-06-2004 11:19 AM

Ill PM you with some info. Check your inbox.

Jvan 08-08-2004 06:31 PM

I live in Chappaqua not far from Hartsdale. I have a 1994 burgandy red SVX. I'd be interested in a NYC area meet and also in the list of area mechanics you trust with your SVX as I've had it with the local subbaru dealer in Pleasantville.

n00b on demand 08-08-2004 06:44 PM

this is great stuff....glad to know a few SVXers that live close by. If any of you want to meet up im free anytime so just send me a message with ur info.

n00b on demand 08-08-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jvan
I live in Chappaqua not far from Hartsdale. I have a 1994 burgandy red SVX. I'd be interested in a NYC area meet and also in the list of area mechanics you trust with your SVX as I've had it with the local subbaru dealer in Pleasantville.
U mean prestige? Thats where the previous owner of my car serviced it all the time. He used to live in pleasantville.

Jvan 08-12-2004 06:58 PM

Yes I meant Prestige. they told me I needed a new head gasket at a cot of $3000 to $5000 when they problem was a leaking hose. It took several months of discussion amd complaining to bet Subaru about the problem and I never got a resolution as to how they couuuuuld have misread the test tttthat they charged me for. I've tried other ddealers in the area but they have litle or no experience with the svx. If you have a recommendation, I'd be interested.

n00b on demand 08-12-2004 09:02 PM

There aren't a lot of shops in our area that are familiar with the SVX. Unfortunatley i cant make any recommendations. There are a few other dealerships though. Rushneck honda/subaru in tarrytown and there is a dealership in rye as well. There is also a dealership in the bronx and i know there is someone on the network with a subaru shop of his own and does work on the SVX. "Svxpert" here on the network has the shop. PM him if you want i think he is in jersey somewhere.