The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   ECU Tune Projects (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57395)

longassname 10-15-2012 10:32 PM

Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

go to the windows turn features on and off thing again and make sure .net 3.5 is checked and not just a shaded box. beyond that I don't know. I think tapani is using ecutuner on a laptop with windows 7 maybe ask him in case he knows something I don't. My laptop has xp

icingdeath88 10-15-2012 10:44 PM

Going to look up whether xp mode will work ok with external devices, and give that a try in the morning. All 4 of the computers at my disposal have win7 64, otherwise xp would have been at the top of my list of things to try next. If you have an epiphany watching magnum, then lemme know. I bet I probably did something in the exact wrong order or something. Which file is the installer?

icingdeath88 10-16-2012 08:45 PM

Ok I ran the .net framework verification tool, and it says that I have it. Tried disabling antivirus - nada. Trying a vista laptop now.

icingdeath88 10-16-2012 08:59 PM

And it's running on the original laptop with the old (and slow!) original hard drive that still has the original vista 32-bit installation on it. Would the windows 7 that I have being 64-bit affect anything?

Tapani 10-16-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longassname (Post 713814)
I think tapani is using ecutuner on a laptop with windows 7 maybe ask him in case he knows something I don't. My laptop has xp

Works ok, with the exception of the logging function - will not save in an excel - same problem with the XP. I "think" my 7 is 32, though (not computer llitterate :confused:).

Tapani

icingdeath88 10-16-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapani (Post 713908)
Works ok, with the exception of the logging function - will not save in an excel - same problem with the XP. I "think" my 7 is 32, though (not computer llitterate :confused:).

Ah, thanks, maybe that's it. Gotta think about how to get around that problem... Anyway, on the 32-bit vista it works.

I must say, that I am really impressed with all it can do. It can help you adjust the TPS without any pins stuck through the wires to read the voltage. Props, LAN, really cool.

You guys have got to try this. I get what Tapani was all excited about before.

LAN, did you see this thread? With a proper definitions file, could this be made to work with the OBD2 SVXes? I have one that I can try and get that working with if you give me a push in the right direction.

Tapani 10-17-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 713911)
With a proper definitions file, could this be made to work with the......

If you compile the definition file for the AC I will buy you a beer :D.

The info is available at Phil's site for someone who knows what he's doing :eek:.

This would greatly help all with AC troubles.....

Next would be the cruise control..... :)

/T

Huskymaniac 10-17-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapani (Post 713939)
If you compile the definition file for the AC I will buy you a beer :D.

The info is available at Phil's site for someone who knows what he's doing :eek:.

This would greatly help all with AC troubles.....

Next would be the cruise control..... :)

/T

I will give the climate control a shot but for OBD2 cars as that is the file I have to work with. I'm not sure how it will vary for OBD1 cars. I will probably make a definition file for JECScan first and then FreeSSM. I probably won't make one for Mike's program because I could never get it to install and run and only received the sound of crickets when I posted the issues I was having.

icingdeath88 10-17-2012 12:09 PM

Tony, can you send me the OBD2 definitions files? I want to see if I can get them to work with lan's program. My email address is my username @gmail.com.

longassname 10-17-2012 10:16 PM

Icing, next time I get a chance to work on the ECUtuner ap I'll see if I can't make it work with the 64 bit OS.

Tapani, the error log you sent me indicates I messed up when I compiled ( or failed to properly compile) the license for that bit of code into the executable. I'll fix that next time I work on the ECUtuner ap and publish a new release.

Husky, I don't know what you are referring to. I'm sorry if I missed a question but I was very clear when I released the ECUtuner ap that I was releasing it as free ware and couldn't offer any support. I do try to help where I can but it shouldn't be expected. The ap works..you guys need to talk to eachother and help eachother out with problems figuring out how to set it up and use it and most especially with definitions.

Stuff that should be reported to me is stuff like hey it doesn't work on 64 bit os or won't save excel files. If someone is having problems running it when they first get it they should ask in this thread and others should come to their aid.

BackWoodsBob 10-18-2012 09:28 AM

Someone over on RS25 is making their interface and helping me out by posting the associated wires. Hopefully I'll be able to order up a cable soon and data-log :).

Damn hacked apart wire harnesses :unamused:.

Glad to see y'all got it working. Guess I'll be installing a win7 32bit on my laptop here soon!

Huskymaniac 10-18-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 713951)
Tony, can you send me the OBD2 definitions files? I want to see if I can get them to work with lan's program. My email address is my username @gmail.com.

I sent Phil my latest files for evoscan and jecscan to host on his website. This way, I can just send him new versions as I come upwith them and there will be one place for everyone to get them.

icingdeath88 10-18-2012 10:52 AM

I don't think they're up yet. Can you send me what you've got so far so I can work on it this weekend?

Huskymaniac 10-18-2012 11:08 AM

OK, will do. Let me know what you find out about LAN's program.

longassname 11-18-2012 05:03 PM

It's time for a holiday special. Our SALE items this year are the Select Monitor Interface and the Stage1av1. We've made them a package deal. You can get a Stage1av1 with a Select Monitor Interface for $245. That's a savings of $53 and a whole lot of goodness for an SVX that hasn't yet gotten the love and affection and ECUtune products it needs.