The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   UK 10th Anniversary Meeting (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3830)

svxistentialist 04-24-2002 02:11 PM

UK 10th Anniversary Meeting

Would any UK members[or others interested] looking in please post on this thread their interest in attending a meet?

It has been mentioned on Yahoo, but not followed up. Some South of England location would seem to suit most, but it is wide open for suggestions.

Say if you would, where you are, where you might fancy as a venue, and a likely timeframe.

TIA

Joe

LarryIII 04-24-2002 07:20 PM

Joe,

I feel for you. With the channel tunnel now open, I suggest a central European location for the Meet.

If you can't get anyone interested you are always welcome at Indiana in July with us colonials.

If you need help or just someone to listen, send me an e-mail.

Good Luck.

Larry III

svxistentialist 04-25-2002 12:31 AM

Meeting fever

Thanks Larry,

I'm aware of the superhuman effort you have made to get the numbers for Indiana. If I win the lottery......

We do not need to go for numbers on this one. Three or four would make it worthwhile, less than 10 a party. Come on, log in, it's Jubilee year.

Joe:)

Phil Hill 04-25-2002 02:43 AM

svxistentialist

I remember the yahoo thread, but didn't keep track of it so didn't realise it sort of died out.

Yes, we're interested and just about anywhere in UK is ok, folks live in the south so no problem there.

Phil.

MartyMcFly 04-25-2002 04:04 AM

Meeting

I would prefer a meeting in middle of Europe!
That would be a great chance for me to meet other SVX'sers.
If I had the money, I would fly to US and join a meeting there.

Tell me if such a meeting takes place.

mfg hrc

svxistentialist 04-25-2002 11:41 AM

Central Europe

is probably off the menu for this year Marty, but once members get together, anything, anywhere is possible next year. We could invite some of our US chums to come over, they'll have got over the fear of flying by then.

Can you make England?

Joe

svxistentialist 04-25-2002 11:47 AM

Venue

Quote:

Originally posted by Phil Hill
svxistentialist

I remember the yahoo thread, but didn't keep track of it so didn't realise it sort of died out.

Yes, we're interested and just about anywhere in UK is ok, folks live in the south so no problem there.

Phil.

Phil, I will email any I know expressed interest, see if they are still on. Also, I will find the list of suggested events and locations on Yahoo.

The boys in the backroom here can devise a poll, if we get a few interested, we can check out accommodation and so on.

Joe

Andy 04-25-2002 03:32 PM

Would love to meet up if it coincides with my already arranged trip to England (9th to 16th June)

Andy

LarryIII 04-25-2002 05:57 PM

Hey All You SVXers across the pond in the place Columbus came from, I hope you all meet up and have a great time.

From one of the Colonists who drives an SVX.

Larry III

svxistentialist 04-26-2002 05:33 PM

Possible meeting places/dates.

Having done a little digging, the following were the main events that were put forward as possibles:

Richdev65 originally suggested a restaurant in Devon where he had meetings for the Alvis Club. Sounds ideal. Any time.

Arthur610 researched the following;

Beaulieu Autojumble, 19-20 May and 7-8 September.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 12-13-14 July

Brooklands Circuit. No special event, so dates open.

Heritage Motor Centre 14 July

Beaulieu and Goodwood were both noted to be overcrowded, difficult for accommodation, impossible for photo of cars together.

That leaves Devon, Brooklands and the Heritage Centre as reasonable events to put a date on. My own preference would be for Devon or Heritage Museum.

Can any interested parties reading this indicate their interest and their preference??

Thanks

Joe:)

b3lha 04-27-2002 07:43 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the email Joe.

We'd definitely be up for a meet anywhere in the South of England. Devon is particularly good for us.

Phil & Belha.

Arthur-UK 04-27-2002 08:03 AM

Joe, well done, apathy almost rules !

I will be going to:

Beaulieu Autojumble, 19-20 May (0n 19th) and 7-8 September. (on 7th)

Probably Goodwood Festival of Speed 12-13-14 July (on 12th)

Probably Supercars at Heritage Motor Centre 14 July

Also French cars (Alpine A610 amongst others) special event at Beaulieu on 10-11th August.

The Yahoo site is now unuseable and given the useless "last40" search engine I hardly bother to check it anymore.

svxistentialist 04-27-2002 08:28 AM

Thanks

for dropping in.

Seems we may be able to do something all right. I have also emailed the Yahoogroup set and another SVX eclub, so we may, probably will get a few more replies.

We can wait a week or so to ensure all parties have got the mail, anyone interested at that stage, we go to Defcon 2, and set it all up.

Joe:D

Andy 04-27-2002 12:32 PM

My dates in the UK have now changed to 7th June until 14th June.
Tied up on 14th (Interbuild 2002) but would like to meet up at any other time.

Andy

svxistentialist 04-27-2002 03:07 PM

Thanks Andy

We are waiting till all interested have expressed an interest and a preference. If we are not going for any of the set events, it would be great to have you included, and try to work with your dates.

We will see how it unfolds. June is often the sunniest month of the year, might suit very well.

Joe