The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   AUTO-X Greensboro, NC (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29484)

AppStateSVX 11-07-2005 06:40 PM

AUTO-X Greensboro, NC

hey everyone,

There is an Auto-X event at UNC-G on Sunday, November 20th. I will be going with a friend of mine who has a 91 BMW 318is. Everyone that can come should come, it will be a lot of fun, I haven't ever Auto-Xed before, so it should be great. I should have everything done to my car by then, so I am really excited to see how everything goes :D

AppStateSVX 11-07-2005 06:41 PM

oh, i almost forgot. Go to www.auto-x.com for details... :D

Hocrest 11-07-2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightBlack92
... I should have everything done to my car by then, so I am really excited to see how everything goes :D

What all do you have planned??

You're gonna have a blast :D Be warned though... AX is very addictive ;) :D

AppStateSVX 11-07-2005 08:58 PM

i'm not too sure what all is planned, i'm just tagging along with my friend, the website prbly says more than I know. Does anyone have any advice for a first timer?

Hocrest 11-07-2005 09:15 PM

- Walk the course until you "understand" how it goes
- On your first run take it easy, don't worry about the time, just make sure you stay on course
- Make your goal for the day that each run has a better time. Don't worry about competing with the other cars. Just work to beat yourself, with that your times will continue to get better.
- If your car is "Stock" you'll be running in "G Stock" the SVX is not a competitive GS car. Bill "SVXride" is a good driver that has pushed GS to the edge (far edge ;) ) and still can't compete with the damn Mini S :mad: :mad:
- If you've made any mods to your car, let us know, we'll try to help "class" you.

Do a search for the thread from ~September of this year about the Subie Challenge in Maryland (Upcoming Meets Forum) in addition to a lot of smack talk about how bad Bill was going to do. There were a few good "beginer posts" :)

AppStateSVX 11-07-2005 09:37 PM

as far as mods,

By the time the Auto-X comes, im hoping to have

- Dual Exhaust
- Ram Air through fender
- 2002 WRX FPR
- Transmission Cooler

I already have an Underdrive Pulley from Motorsport

AppStateSVX 11-08-2005 10:37 PM

Good News, my Tax Return finally came in, so I should have the funds to be able to do all of the stuff I wanted to! I'm excited now.

Is anyone else able to make it?

AppStateSVX 11-11-2005 07:32 PM

dang,

sometimes the rarity of the SVX sucks.. I was supposed to get my windshield installed this week, but the dealership will not be able to get it installed for another 1-2 weeks, b/c of the order.

so much for the auto-X. dang, talk about disapointment :mad: