The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   My Remodified SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26776)

SilverSpear 06-13-2005 11:24 PM

My Remodified SVX

5 Attachment(s)
I know that i promised you those pics on my anniversary on the 27th of May, but there was some delay related to the paintjob shop that i am dealing with. those are the pics, sorry some are low resolution pics, i took them near our other house in the mountains. Moreover, i will redo the hood again because i didn't anticipate the heat coming out from the engine would affect both the hood and hood paint. My mistake, but those are the final pics, I need your opinions. :cool: ;)

Bwana 06-14-2005 12:25 AM

No rear pics?

Phast SVX 06-14-2005 12:32 AM

LOVE the new body kit! Did you leave the rear unchanged? Anyways, really like it.

phil

Khalil 06-14-2005 12:53 AM

much better then before. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

SilverSpear 06-14-2005 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
No rear pics?

same as before, no mods. but i am thinking of lowering the spoiler a little bit, maybe an inch or so...

SilverSpear 06-14-2005 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khalil

I will always improve it... currently i am thinking of doing another Hood modification... in a couple of months, new pics.. :D

calisvx 06-14-2005 01:39 AM

All i have to say is wow !!! :eek:

SilverSpear 06-14-2005 02:38 AM

A thought: Why changing the car you love because it got old, i suggest modifying the looks the way you want it and keep that dear thing next to your heart...

Guys, you don't know how much this car is turning heads now, especially babez heads :cool: :cool: :D

msvx95 06-14-2005 03:54 AM

Great job Danny!!.......I really love the hood and area from the top of the bumper up by the front lights......Are you going to change out those amber bulbs?

Looks like one mean machine!!

SilverSpear 06-14-2005 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvx95
Great job Danny!!.......I really love the hood and area from the top of the bumper up by the front lights......Are you going to change out those amber bulbs?

Looks like one mean machine!!

mmm, what amber bulbs??? :confused:

SVXRide 06-14-2005 04:56 AM

Danny,
Nice!! How about some up close pics of the hood, expecially on the inside. How did you mod it? Looks like you've used expanded metal grill material to keep low flying birds from getting into the engine bay :D
-Bill

SilverSpear 06-14-2005 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
Danny,
Nice!! How about some up close pics of the hood, expecially on the inside. How did you mod it? Looks like you've used expanded metal grill material to keep low flying birds from getting into the engine bay :D
-Bill

Hehe, why not letting the horses go out of it... :D :D , no seriously I thought i would put that same metal grill i put on the bumper (lower and sides) and the middle front grill... it looks very aggressive ;)

now i had a problem with the hood i am gonna share with you:
I went to a friend of mine who works with this white material same as concrete used for ceiling decoration... we made a mold with it on my original hood and then i did the fiberglass thing with light aluminum sticks used as chassis for it not the change shape.
I draw the design of that opening on a piece of carton first then posed it on the fiberglass hood. Took accurate measurement for it, draw the same design on it and then used the grinder to cut.
Then i brought SVXRides' ( :D :D ) metal grill, cut it the same shape and posed it on the opening i did on the hood. covered it from below with fiberglass.
The result? a 15 lbs hood.
But the mistake i did is that when the paintjob guy did his work, i installed it directly on my car without putting an isolator from below. the result? :( the hood changed shape from the right (a little bit) and the paint was screwed on the center (also a little bit) :(
so from 1/6/2005 till now, i am weeping and crying... :(

Tim 06-14-2005 06:33 AM

You should make that grille and sell it... I'd buy one :)

SilverSpear 06-14-2005 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221
You should make that grille and sell it... I'd buy one :)

mmm, which one?

odepaj 06-14-2005 06:57 AM

Around how much do you think it would cost for you to make a fiberglass hood that looks stock and ship it to texas? Im interested.

dustin