The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Has anyone seen these seats? Suede centers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2448)

Brian Steel 01-11-2002 10:37 AM

Has anyone seen these seats? Suede centers

Wondered if anybody has seen these seats before. They're in a 1992 silver SVX and have suede centers with I believe leather on the outside. Front and rear seats both this way and it looks like a factory job.

Suede center seats

svxcess 01-11-2002 11:05 AM

They are the stock factory seats in the base LS model. The center panels are the same Escaine material used on the dashboard and armrests. The LS-L (Touring package) came with the all-leather
interior.

There was a third interior for the SVX, available on the 95 front wheel drive L model

Seraph 01-11-2002 12:24 PM

If you have seen a 95 FWD seat, it is the same as my 94L seat. The inside is cloth instead of suede.

Lwin

b3lha 01-11-2002 04:52 PM

I've seen those seats on a 1992 Alcyone version E, the first SVX I ever test-drove. Leather seats with a suede centre.

I think in some ways they are nicer than the full leather seats, they are more unusual and interesting - like the SVX itself.

Phil.

Seraph 01-11-2002 06:43 PM

Now that I am in the market for another SVX, I should look out for that LS
I really like the seat! The stereo is not a big thing for me since I am going to put an AM in there anyway.

Lwin

Aredubjay 01-11-2002 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
Now that I am in the market for another SVX, I should look out for that LS
I really like the seat! The stereo is not a big thing for me since I am going to put an AM in there anyway.

Lwin

Now there's a brave soul who's really willing to go retro! A radio that's AM only. I haven't seen one of those since my 64 Fairlaine. I mean with all the "high fidelity" freaks out there, you are taking a bold, bold step. Most people try to upgrade with amps and subs and all kindsa bull pucky and here you are reducing yourself to mono. My hat's off to you. ;) :D

nordique14 01-12-2002 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
There was a third interior for the SVX, available on the 95 front wheel drive L model
The vinyl/cloth seats are the same for all L models (94-97) regardless of FWD or AWD. My 95 L AWD had the same interior as the FWD version.

Matt

svxeno 01-12-2002 06:29 AM

Bull Pucky?

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Now there's a brave soul who's really willing to go retro! A radio that's AM only. I haven't seen one of those since my 64 Fairlaine. I mean with all the "high fidelity" freaks out there, you are taking a bold, bold step. Most people try to upgrade with amps and subs and all kindsa bull pucky and here you are reducing yourself to mono. My hat's off to you. ;) :D

Aredub,

"Bull pucky", BULL PUCKY?!? :eek: "Try to upgrade?" I'm injured. You have now forced me to post my adventure on the Network. (As soon as I have it) <- next few days or so

"Bull pucky" sheesh! :p

Randy (Wondering what happened to Aredub's piano lesson money) ii

ps: I wish I only had an AM radio, 1 radio...1 speaker.

Seraph 01-12-2002 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Thanks!

I was initially looking at the "After Market" XMs but I do not believe in paying money for radio (although I do donate money for NPR). But XM head units are ugly so I am thinking going AM and a CB. What do you think?

:D

Lwin

Seraph 01-12-2002 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14

The vinyl/cloth seats are the same for all L models (94-97) regardless of FWD or AWD. My 95 L AWD had the same interior as the FWD version.

Matt

Just for your information:

94 L was FWD only
95 L can be either FWD or AWD
96 only came in LS or LSi and
in 97 they only came in LSi.

lwin

Aredubjay 01-12-2002 12:07 PM

Re: Bull Pucky?

Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno

Aredub,

"Bull pucky", BULL PUCKY?!? :eek: "Try to upgrade?" I'm injured. You have now forced me to post my adventure on the Network. (As soon as I have it) <- next few days or so

"Bull pucky" sheesh! :p

HAHAHAHA! I knew that would get you "thumpers" going! I can't wait to install the stereo I have in the garage -- another STOCK unit!!!

Randy (Wondering what happened to Aredub's piano lesson money) ii

I donated my piano lesson money to help start up the SVX World Network. :D

ps: I wish I only had an AM radio, 1 radio...1 speaker.

Yep, I can just see a big ol' bare, single cone 6X9 sitting on your dashboard -- wires strung across the Ecsaine on the passenger's side above the glove compartment. :D

Aredubjay 01-12-2002 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim

Thanks!

I was initially looking at the "After Market" XMs but I do not believe in paying money for radio (although I do donate money for NPR). But XM head units are ugly so I am thinking going AM and a CB. What do you think?

:D

Lwin

>static and crackling< BREAKER, BREAKER >static< At's a big tin-four own tha CB, good buddy, dontcha know >static/crackling< 'at reception own tha AM radio awta be wall to wall and tree top tall >crackle/sputter< keep the shiney side up and the greasy side down now, y'hear? >crackle/static< we gone, bye-bye. >static . . .<

svxeno 01-12-2002 02:26 PM

Thumper? Isn't that a bunny?

<<<HAHAHAHA! I knew that would get you "thumpers" going! I can't wait to install the stereo I have in the garage -- another STOCK unit!!! >>>

Aredub,

You'd (and everyone around me in the car) will be happy to know that I do not entertain the neighbors (so to speak) with 40 HZ vibrations. I do however entertaint my occupants with clean clean CLEAN sound. (Jusluvthemblues)

Randy (Go Buccaneers) ii

ps: There would still be two speakers. Screwed into the bottom of the dash and bent to face upwards. No covers or nothin'. (My very first install) Did I mention 8-track?

Aredubjay 01-13-2002 12:37 AM

Re: Thumper? Isn't that a bunny?

Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno
<<<HAHAHAHA! I knew that would get you "thumpers" going! I can't wait to install the stereo I have in the garage -- another STOCK unit!!! >>>

Aredub,

You'd (and everyone around me in the car) will be happy to know that I do not entertain the neighbors (so to speak) with 40 HZ vibrations. I do however entertaint my occupants with clean clean CLEAN sound. (Jusluvthemblues)

Randy (Go Buccaneers) ii

ps: There would still be two speakers. Screwed into the bottom of the dash and bent to face upwards. No covers or nothin'. (My very first install) Did I mention 8-track?

Ah, good man! Sorry, I really meant no slight. Blues is good! Clean Blues is mo' betta! Boomin' is bad. Hopefully I can hear your system at the 10th Anniversary meet.

Do you still have an 8-track? If so, I can lend you the two tapes I have left: Peter Paul and Mary -- the first ten years, and, The Lovin' Spoonful's Greatest Hits. :D

SVXPlanes 01-13-2002 08:29 PM

Hey Brian,

When and where did you see that '92 'L' model? I had a Subaru factory rep tell me that the '92 'L' was never "offically" sold in the US