The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Spent my day in the ER (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23880)

n00b on demand 01-17-2005 09:51 PM

Spent my day in the ER

Well i this morning around 11 o clock i woke up from a nice 8 and half hours of sleep. Took a shower at 11:30....went to the bathroom to get my cell phone out at 1....all of a sudden i felt this horrible hot feeling.....arms and legs started tingling....started getting dizzy and light headed. My heart started pounding and my head also....i then managed to knock anything and everything into the bathroom sink as i was stumbling trying to yell for my brother. I managed to open the door and crawl into the hallway and my brother thought i was just joking around :rolleyes: . My arms and legs got all numb for some reason....still boggles my mind....i felt so weak. My mom is a nurse so my bro immediatley called her to come home from work...then he called 911. I got my first ride in an ambulance.....spent 9 hours in the emergency room getting bloodwork....cat scan...MRI ( god damn are those freaky) and an EKG. After about an hr in the hospital i felt completley back to normal. They let me go after getting the tests and an IV. More tests and appt's to come tomorrow. But damn what a day :(

shelfy 01-17-2005 09:55 PM

i hope it is nothing serious. :(

n00b on demand 01-17-2005 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shelfy
I doubt it is because i feel fine now...although i felt completley fine moments before it actually happened. Who knows but i hope it isnt serious either.

Chiketkd 01-17-2005 10:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your day Tom. Hope you're OK.

-Chike

SubaSteevo 01-17-2005 10:47 PM

This has happened to me before, so I know how it feels. It used to happen more frequently.

Mr. Pockets 01-17-2005 10:50 PM

Man, what a day. That sucks, but you certainly did right going to the hospital and having some tests run. If the results are inconclusive, you should definitely see a doctor. You never know when something like that will alert you to a more serious condition.

ensteele 01-17-2005 11:27 PM

Hope you figure it out and nothing serious is going on. Get well soon. :)

manofmayo 01-17-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
This has happened to me before, so I know how it feels. It used to happen more frequently.

SSSVX 01-18-2005 12:06 AM

Quote:

keep us update.

SilverSpear 01-18-2005 12:20 AM

Hope nothing serious and never be in such situation in your life.
keep us updated!

deruvian 01-18-2005 02:51 AM

Re: Spent my day in the ER

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
Well i this morning around 11 o clock i woke up from a nice 8 and half hours of sleep. Took a shower at 11:30....went to the bathroom to get my cell phone out at 1....all of a sudden i felt this horrible hot feeling.....arms and legs started tingling....started getting dizzy and light headed. My heart started pounding and my head also....i then managed to knock anything and everything into the bathroom sink as i was stumbling trying to yell for my brother. I managed to open the door and crawl into the hallway and my brother thought i was just joking around :rolleyes: . My arms and legs got all numb for some reason....still boggles my mind....i felt so weak. My mom is a nurse so my bro immediatley called her to come home from work...then he called 911. I got my first ride in an ambulance.....spent 9 hours in the emergency room getting bloodwork....cat scan...MRI ( god damn are those freaky) and an EKG. After about an hr in the hospital i felt completley back to normal. They let me go after getting the tests and an IV. More tests and appt's to come tomorrow. But damn what a day :(
I'm sorry to hear about that man. I know what you experienced isn't anything similar, but my sister had her first seizure at 31. Totally randomly, she had two within 24 hours, and a third a few days later. The hospital had nothing conclusive, but she went to a neurologist and he was a big help. If the hospital has nothing for you, consider seeing one.

Good luck.

LarryIII 01-18-2005 04:44 AM

Tom,

Hope you're OK.
Some advice: don't drink the water here& just in case take a home pregnancy test.:D :D

Good Luck.

CigarJohnny 01-18-2005 07:42 AM

Quote:

Same here. Keep us updated.

Earthworm 01-18-2005 10:57 AM

For those who have had this happen to you, what was it determined to be?

n00b on demand 01-18-2005 11:03 AM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I wouldnt be surprised if this was heart related because i did have some heart issues a couple of years ago. I used to get these really sharp pains that would last for a few seconds. Its been happening again recently. I saw a neurologist in the ER last night....gonna go see him again for some tests tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted.....he said not to drive for 72 hours!!!!! The horror!!

Oh yea larry...my cousin also told me to take a pregnancy test....and i was like IM A GUY and she goes....so what it would still be cool to see it turn blue :rolleyes: