The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Small Comedy (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22548)

pylon500 11-10-2004 06:05 AM

A Small Comedy

Had one of those events happen where you just can't believe the way it unfolds. :rolleyes:

Went to the local drive in theatre (only one of two left in the whole Sydney area) with Heather and see the 'FORGOTTEN' :o
Decided to get there early enough to get some food at the cafeteria, and eat it in the SVX, how quickly you notice the absence of cup holders and so on! :mad:
Returned with food, hooked up the radio lead to the car aeriel and climbed in.
So I'm sitting there with a bottle of drink behind the passenger seat, a box of chips (fries to the yanks) sitting on the centre console, a couple of burgers sitting in my lap and a chocolate bar sitting on the open door to the stereo.
The lights go down, the previews start, and I think to myself "The clock could get a bit annoying after a while", so I hang a serviette (paper napkin) over the clock, I then think "If I close the radio door, I get rid of that light too!"
This is where the fun starts, I flip the door up, but it stops early, and the radio goes off, this makes the aerial retract which tangles the lead conected to it.
When I try to reopen the door, it now only goes half way down, the chocolate bar had slid down the door and fallen under the radio, stopping the door!!
At this point the CD that was in the unit started to play LOUDLY, and in trying to eject it, it would hit the door and reload itself and continue playing.
Handing my burgers to Heather, knocking over the box of chips in the proccess and with the internal light on, I finally hit the STOP button for the CD and turned the radio back on. :p
The view from out side must have been interesting what with the internal light on, the wife laying back in her seat, and me on my hands and knees with my head buried down in the centre console, trying to fish out the chocolate bar! :D It was a peppermint AERO :)
I connected the radio lead and we watched the movie, still with the chocolate bar stuck under the radio.
On returning home that night, I spent about two hours searching our SVX site for info on how to remove the door to get out the candy. :confused:
The next morning however, I realised that all I had to do was pull out the ash tray, and retrieve the bar. :cool:
Interesting point learnt; the wipers will work with the key in the acc position!, pitty the windows don't.
Arthur.

Earthworm 11-10-2004 10:39 AM

That must have been very amusing to watch! :D

Just like what happens when you reconnect your battery and forgot a CD in your factory player with the stereo door closed! :p

JDW-SVX 11-10-2004 02:12 PM

Great story!!

:D

I think there is an important lesson here............

.................don't eat in an SVX!

:D :D

Jason.

moshols vx 11-10-2004 07:56 PM

Eating in svx

I love eating and drinking (coffee) in svx- many parts of chocolate bars and mentos down side of seats though. Your drive in experience sounded good Arthur. I am having a lot of trouble working out how the coffee cup holder works- does it belong in centre console? I just found it under my seat a few weeks ago and tried attaching it to front of stereo with no luck. It is quite awkward trying to get coffee out of console while steering :)

Jason (or anyone else into parts!) where do i get a new bumper from? Should i look at wreakers first?

Moshol

MisanthropyV 11-13-2004 07:43 AM

I just woke the household up laughing!!!

That would have been hilarious if it was in a movie itself.

Paulie