The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Subaru made SVX headlight protectors. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18961)

zavikan 05-29-2004 10:42 AM

Subaru made SVX headlight protectors.

I saw them in Reading, and was insanely interested in them. I posted btw in the wanted forum if any of you have them and want to get rid... :D

But I posted here, to ask if anyone thought maybe they could be easily fabricated. I dont know anything about nothing, so I thew it out to you guys to chew over. Thoughts?

zavikan 05-29-2004 07:28 PM

different!!

I found those when I was searching for the canadian svx ones. but they aren't exactly what I was looking for. what I saw was not stick on. it clipped on, and covered the corner lights as well. not a 3M product. John Hoffman (I spell your last name right?) had them on his car. Any possibility you could post pics of them?

Seraph 05-29-2004 10:32 PM

I thnk subaruparts or svxparts.com had them at one time.

Landshark 05-29-2004 11:02 PM

Re: different!!

Quote:

Originally posted by zavikan
I found those when I was searching for the canadian svx ones. but they aren't exactly what I was looking for. what I saw was not stick on. it clipped on, and covered the corner lights as well. not a 3M product. John Hoffman (I spell your last name right?) had them on his car. Any possibility you could post pics of them?
they are from Australia. they make them for the Impreza (and other models?), too.

zavikan 05-30-2004 09:02 AM

iiinteresting...

Australian too? I remember specificly he said canadian. and thats where he got them. but maybe they stocked them in australia too. Not asking for people to do all the work for me, but how would one go about finding these things in australia? I PM'ed John, and he said he can get me a Part Number. a canadian one at least.

Landshark 05-30-2004 09:09 AM

Re: iiinteresting...

Quote:

Australian too? I remember specificly he said canadian. and thats where he got them. but maybe they stocked them in australia too. Not asking for people to do all the work for me, but how would one go about finding these things in australia? I PM'ed John, and he said he can get me a Part Number. a canadian one at least.
i've tried, with no luck. i can get the WRX ones, but not for the SVX. i'm not sure they even make them anymore.

AppStateSVX 05-30-2004 09:14 AM

this sounds like a good idea........:D

Ralph Gibbs 05-30-2004 08:45 PM

headlight covers(Canadian)

:) FYI, Canadian, yes I have a set of plastic covers on my SVX and I had bought a set for my subaru GL years ago (1985).
They slip in under the lights, they wrap around and COVER all the lights. snap in at the top. then you close the hood. Easy to take off and put on and secure w/ the hood closed. I have one chip that saved me from replacing the light.;)

JDW-SVX 05-31-2004 03:44 AM

........and this is what they look like!

I will try to get a part number!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...-SVX/18207.jpg

:D

Jason.

zavikan 05-31-2004 02:51 PM

Those aussie ones look slightly different from the canadian spec ones I remember.. though it might just be my memory. In any case, I dont think they are the exact same. though really close:D

To my KNOWLEDGE the Canadian ones do not say SVX on the corner, and don't have those 2 square plastic tabs in view on the bottom. Could Ralph or John perhaps find out if I am remembering correctly?

In anycase, a question to JDW-SVX: Do those lower tabs on the headlight section stick out in front of the rest of the plastic, Which side has no projections, the front side or the back?

JDW-SVX 05-31-2004 04:11 PM

Quote:

Do those lower tabs on the headlight section stick out in front of the rest of the plastic, Which side has no projections, the front side or the back?
Those lower tabs have projections that face in, not out. The projections sit underneath the headlight, and help to keep the headlight protector seated properly on the headlight.

In addition, plastic clips slip over the top of the headlight, and a small adhesive pad sticks to the rear edge of the turn signal light (you can see it just above the SVX logo)

Due to the fact that those "projections" are themselves clipped onto the main headlight protector (from underneath), those tabs that you can see also stick out in front of the headlight, but only by about 2-3mm. The main projections that face inward are much longer.

Jason.

Motorsport-SVX 06-02-2004 03:13 AM

I too have a set

dont use them much, was going to try to use them
to get a mold made and start offering them in clear
or smoked down the road.

Mine look a little differnet from yours, Ill post a pic Wed
nite.

michael 06-02-2004 05:33 AM

lense covers

1 Attachment(s)
like these?

zavikan 06-02-2004 08:54 AM

Well as those who saw my car at Reading, you know the lines aren't straight b/c its a crash car. I was thinking a full bra plus these would hide that well.

And although I like the black-out headlight look, I'm looking for something different. Not sure if its possible, but more like the window tint I have on my car in my locker.

So Dayle, does that 'was' mean you aren't going to try anymore or no? cause heck, if they are just sitting around.......:confused:

Motorsport-SVX 06-04-2004 09:49 PM

this is ours off the car

1 Attachment(s)
not sure if we will get them made, but if you ever get
some that are tinted, you wont be able to see at nite
with them on, they cut out alot of lite