The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Grille Instructions (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1658)

Aredubjay 10-08-2001 05:52 PM

Grille Instructions

1 Attachment(s)
Couldn't remember the name of the thread, so, I decided to post the instructions independently. Here's the scan from the manual for removal and installation of the SVX Grille. If there's enough interest, I'll post the JPEG in the how-to locker.

SVX10 10-08-2001 08:36 PM

SOOOOO detailed

Man, that sounds tough. Even though it's that simple, I'll screw it up :p

Aredubjay 10-09-2001 08:52 AM

Re: SOOOOO detailed

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX10
Man, that sounds tough. Even though it's that simple, I'll screw it up :p
Have faith, my son. :D

dromano 10-10-2001 08:21 PM

Mat, I agree, this looks mostly like a 'luck' deal. What are "paels"? I'd like a 97 grill, I think it's gona be a while:eek: :eek: :eek:

Aredubjay 10-10-2001 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dromano
Mat, I agree, this looks mostly like a 'luck' deal. What are "paels"? I'd like a 97 grill, I think it's gona be a while:eek: :eek: :eek:
"Paels" are the part that don't need a "flatbed" screwdriver to remove them. :D

dromano 10-10-2001 10:16 PM

Randy.
Have you done this? Easy or difficult?

huck369 10-11-2001 09:09 AM

I've had mine off, it's pretty easy, just keep a little outward pressure on the grill, while sticking a screwdriver down into the top clasps, once the two top clasps are loose, tilt the top out while pulling up(as the bottoms just slide down into a gromet) and it should pop right out.
Hope this helps,

svxter 10-11-2001 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by huck369
I've had mine off, it's pretty easy, just keep a little outward pressure on the grill, while sticking a screwdriver down into the top clasps, once the two top clasps are loose, tilt the top out while pulling up(as the bottoms just slide down into a gromet) and it should pop right out.
Hope this helps,

Be careful, though, as it's pretty easy to break the top clips. Fortunately, replacements are only a couple of dollars each.

Aredubjay 10-11-2001 12:03 PM

Quote:

Randy.

David,
I haven't had mine out . . . yet. I'll have to defer to those who have. John Hoffman (svxcess) and myself are going to do a "Grille Changing Clinic" at "Snowshoe II" in Canaan Valley WV. He has changed his from "waterfall" to "97" back to "waterfall" again, so, I'm going to rely on his "expertise" to help me change mine. Only then, will be feel confident enough to advise others. Thanks huck -- now, when is the "5-Speed Changeover" Symposium? :D:D:D

dromano 10-11-2001 12:06 PM

Thanks guys:)

huck369 10-11-2001 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Thanks huck -- now, when is the "5-Speed Changeover" Symposium? :D:D:D

When you come down for the test drive I'll tell you what it consisted of and you can type it up, you know since cutting my middle finger to the bone while doing the swap, my typing has really went downhill(it was near the bottom anyway) :D

At least thats my excuse...he..he...

No, really when I have a little spare time I'll try to write up something on it.

:rolleyes:

Aredubjay 10-11-2001 12:55 PM

I've been in danger of losing my middle finger many times . . . while driving. :D

I'm looking forward to the test drive -- now, if my wife will just stop scheduling my weekends for me. :rolleyes:

oneothefewproud 10-11-2001 01:09 PM

now, if my wife will just stop scheduling my weekends for me

Randy,

Eh right!!!! My honey Do list is so long it ain't funny.

Wayne

Seraph 10-11-2001 04:36 PM

Quote:

Randy.

It's a 2 second job. Take a screw driver, stick it in and yank it out. Pop comes out the old grill, click, goes in the new one.

I have taken my grill out more then enough times and now I have a new 97 grill :)

Lwin