The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   SVXWN - NW Area Group (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51925)

Cam 01-14-2011 05:38 PM

Re: SVXWN - NW Area Group

What exactly do you need done? What parts do you need? It's always sad to see an SVX meet the end of its life.

ensteele 01-15-2011 12:03 AM

To sell SVXs, put them in the SVXs For Sale forum.

scenicrearview 01-20-2011 11:33 AM

well i somehow manage to have my power steering rack die out and then on my way home my rear axle snapped killing my rear right hub and brakes and basically everything on that side. any recomendations? any places up here or parts cars.

if need be i wouldn't mind sacrificing my svx so that others may live

Wikedjuggalo 01-20-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scenicrearview (Post 667232)
well i somehow manage to have my power steering rack die out and then on my way home my rear axle snapped killing my rear right hub and brakes and basically everything on that side. any recomendations? any places up here or parts cars.

if need be i wouldn't mind sacrificing my svx so that others may live

Are you sure the rack went out and not the pump? Also a axle isn't that bad to replace nor is the brake line if it went out. As far as a hub if you need one there are a few pick-n-pulls that you could get one from. There are two down in Turner OR (south of salem about 1hr from Portland). Let me know if you need help pulling stuff or what not.

Cam 01-26-2011 01:00 PM

So when is the next meet around here? I can't wait to show my engine to everyone. You will all love the sound she makes.

So long as nothing else goes wrong (knock on wood) then she is practically road ready (minus some new tires and tabs).

Cam 01-29-2011 01:37 PM

Also, if anyone wants cheap labor I would be willing to trade some mechanic work for spare parts/anything else that you have to trade.

scenicrearview 02-02-2011 03:10 PM

so after much deliberation i have decided to resurrect my svx and restore her to her former glory. does anybody know of a good subaru guy the trust in orgeon? mainly either beaverton or portland

Turbone 02-10-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam (Post 667968)
Also, if anyone wants cheap labor I would be willing to trade some mechanic work for spare parts/anything else that you have to trade.

Cam, what parts are you needing?
Hows your back?

I need to install my trans and engine :p

Oh, hai guys.......I'm still alive and kickin ;)

Cam 02-10-2011 01:41 PM

Being 21 years old my back is still fine :p

But doing stuff like this will takes its toll. :lol: I am more than willing to help you out. Not sure if I need any specific parts at the moment, other than a decent power steering pump. We should be able to work out a deal, though. Your a little ways away, so a couple questions first.

Do you have an engine hoist? Tranny jack? the rest of my tools I could easily enough take down to your place. The only other option really is that you would haul your car up here, in which case my girlfriend may kill me. Ha. Like I said, though, we should be able to work something out.

SVXObsessed 03-29-2011 09:33 PM

Hello everyone.

Well its been awhile since i have been on here. Some of you may remember me. I sold my 95 Brilliant Red LS about 6 to 7 years ago and bought WRX and have been part of the wrx community for awhile. Well i have decided to sell my WRX and get back into a SVX.

I have a lot of researching to do in terms of new performance mods and others mods. Back when i was on here there wasn't very much for performance, i think the ecutune stage 1 was just out. This was one of the main reasons i sold my SVX. The WRX suited my need for speed much better. But i have become old and the WRX "scene" is getting to be tiresome. And i kind of like the "rarity" idea of the SVX.

Most my researching will be on turboing the EG33. I have become a pretty good mechanic on EJ series motors and can really do just about anything to them. If the EG33 ends up not working for me i will be swapping in a turboed EJ series motor into the SVX. I know most of you probably think this is wrong but that's ok :p. I plan on doing a STi 6 speed no matter what.

I am looking for a SVX right now so if you know of any good deals let me know. I do check CL everyday so dont bother telling me about the ones on there. I have also posted a WTB ad on the forum. If you're curious there are some pics of my old SVX and also my WRX on my WTB post. I look forward to meeting most of you some day. Is Troy still around? I know Earl is :rolleyes: :lol:

oregondave 04-01-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scenicrearview (Post 668212)
so after much deliberation i have decided to resurrect my svx and restore her to her former glory. does anybody know of a good subaru guy the trust in orgeon? mainly either beaverton or portland

bump still not comfortable with any of the Portland shops that I know of. Also the costs are total rape. Would be great to find an enthusiast/indie to work with.

Cam 04-01-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oregondave (Post 672617)
bump still not comfortable with any of the Portland shops that I know of. Also the costs are total rape. Would be great to find an enthusiast/indie to work with.

I would be willing to do some affordable work, but ou would have to come to the Seattle area.

oregondave 04-01-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam (Post 672630)
I would be willing to do some affordable work, but ou would have to come to the Seattle area.

Good to know Cam, thank you. Out of the way for sure but I'll keep it in mind.

Cam 04-01-2011 06:02 PM

For larger projects it would most likely be worth your time. I am thorough, honest, and best of all cheap

WestCoastSVX 04-04-2011 11:28 AM

Welcome back SVXObsessed! :)

You may not have another SVX yet, but at least you are "back" in spirit. :D

Good luck, and hoping to see you at a meet soon!