The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Someone gimme a job!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27464)

pavanbabut 07-21-2005 12:28 AM

Someone gimme a job!!!!!!!!!!

Someone gimme job !!! :confused: I am graduated recently with masters in biomedical engineering and bachelors in computer science and engineering.

here is My Resume

I am getting frustration of searching jobs till 1-1/2 months.... :(

-Pavan

Andy 07-21-2005 12:36 AM

Fancy becoming a sanitary engineer? I have an opening

Landshark 07-21-2005 01:12 AM

my grass needs a-cuttin'.

you're not a lazy slacker, are ya?

Budfreak 07-21-2005 05:14 AM

i thought you moved to the west coast cause you had a job?? damn, why'd you move?????

mikecg 07-21-2005 08:15 AM

I understand the Army is looking for people. They may not let you out again though. There pulling 70 year old people back out of retirement.

Dza 07-21-2005 09:52 AM

I really don't mean to sound rude, but 1 or 1.5 months is not exactly a long time to be looking for work. While I agree that your education is very, very impressive, it seems as though you do not have very much real-world work experience (compared to other job-hunters, who have probably been out of school longer than you). Your experience list goes only as far back as May '04, so that may be the part that is holding you back a bit.

I wish you the best of luck securing employment. Getting a job even if you HAVE the education and work history is one of the hardest things to do in life. Someone will take a chance on you, and I'm sure you'll do very well, just keep trying.

SubaSteevo 07-21-2005 09:57 AM

McDonald's is always hiring smiling faces

I agree, 1 1/2 months is not that long to be without a job, and I doubt biomedical engineering is an easy field to break into.

On another note, the general rule is that your resume should not exceed 1pg

msvx95 07-21-2005 10:10 AM

The company I work for in Cleveland has only an opening for a cad draftsman...obviously your education is far above that, but we need bodies here and the work is piling up

pavanbabut 07-21-2005 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy
Fancy becoming a sanitary engineer? I have an opening

Why not, i can do that also if you assure me that u will sponsor H1 for me. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
my grass needs a-cuttin'.

you're not a lazy slacker, are ya?

Yep!... same as above.. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by budfreak1
i thought you moved to the west coast cause you had a job?? damn, why'd you move?????

becos my sister dont like me sitting there with out any work and she wants me to stay with her and search for jobs. It was also around 6 months that she saw me and offcourse I am lazy at eating food, so she wants to comeover here and have some good food. ;) . Offcourse she still feeds me food sometimes, if I am lazy to eat. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dza
I really don't mean to sound rude, but 1 or 1.5 months is not exactly a long time to be looking for work. While I agree that your education is very, very impressive, it seems as though you do not have very much real-world work experience (compared to other job-hunters, who have probably been out of school longer than you). Your experience list goes only as far back as May '04, so that may be the part that is holding you back a bit.

I wish you the best of luck securing employment. Getting a job even if you HAVE the education and work history is one of the hardest things to do in life. Someone will take a chance on you, and I'm sure you'll do very well, just keep trying.

You r right, tht time is not too much, but this is the time I have to search for jobs and I have only 1 year to search for jobs and get an H1 sponsor otherwise I have to leave this country and offcourse i can't leave my car ;) .

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurgundyBeast
McDonald's is always hiring smiling faces

I agree, 1 1/2 months is not that long to be without a job, and I doubt biomedical engineering is an easy field to break into.

On another note, the general rule is that your resume should not exceed 1pg

But i tried my best to reduce it to a page but including all my experience and projects, it came to atleast 1-1/2 page.
Quote:

Originally Posted by msvx95
The company I work for in Cleveland has only an opening for a cad draftsman...obviously your education is far above that, but we need bodies here and the work is piling up

Offcourse I can learn CAD in a very short time, if your company can provide me with H1. :p :)

-Pavan.

Andy 07-21-2005 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Why not, i can do that also if you assure me that u will sponsor H1 for me. :D

-Pavan.

I suppose that I could supply a HI, but most of my staff prefer a van

pavanbabut 07-21-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy
I suppose that I could supply a HI, but most of my staff prefer a van

r u serious?.... I am taking about H1 visa not H1 bike.... :p :p :)

-Pavan.

Tim-H 07-21-2005 07:18 PM

I'm suprised nobody around here is biting at your resume, with all the medical research seattle does.

pavanbabut 07-21-2005 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim-H
I'm suprised nobody around here is biting at your resume, with all the medical research seattle does.

Hmmmm :confused: :confused: :confused: thts my problem... i dont know whts going wrong... one of the reasons why my sister brought me here is tht only, but till now no calls, even i submitted resume at some companies in person. :mad: :rolleyes:

-Pavan

benebob 07-21-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Someone gimme job !!! :confused: I am graduated recently with masters in biomedical engineering and bachelors in computer science and engineering.

here is My Resume

I am getting fustration of searching jobs till 1-1/2 months.... :(

-Pavan

With spelling like that, I wouldn't hire ya :D. Honestly maybe you should do what the majority need to do which is actually ACTIVELY LOOK FOR MONTHS! ;) . Took me almost a year to find my first decent job out of college with duel majors and about 1/2 a masters to boot. Of course, I soon realized that working for someone sucks. :D

pavanbabut 07-21-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
With spelling like that, I wouldn't hire ya :D. Honestly maybe you should do what the majority need to do which is actually ACTIVELY LOOK FOR MONTHS! ;) . Took me almost a year to find my first decent job out of college with duel majors and about 1/2 a masters to boot. Of course, I soon realized that working for someone sucks. :D

oops!... :p sorry i corrected it, will u consider me now :D :D :p j/k