The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Wanted or For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   97' SVX 99k - So Cal Must Sell Best Offer (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24291)

going2baja 02-04-2005 03:02 PM

97' SVX 99k - So Cal Must Sell Best Offer

I'm selling this car for my wife's assistent. The engine and transmisson work great but the interior could use some TLC. Car is Green/leather Tan, LSi. Car is in tip top shape EXCEPT for the following:

1) Sun roof doesn't open
2) Rear seat window swiches on driver door panel missing.
3) Air filter box missing - looks like after market air filter
4) Passenger window doesn't work
5) Some stickers on paint
6) A few small dents here and there
7) Paint on steering wheel - maybe finger nail polish

Click here for more pictures.

Trade in Blue book in fair condition is $4500. I think she may take less if offered. She paid $9000 4 months ago (OUCH!!)

Thanks, Tim 760-613-9101 cell

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...baja/24576.JPG

kuoh 02-04-2005 03:14 PM

Re: 97' SVX 99k - So Cal Must Sell Best Offer

Sounds like some kids tried to rice it up. It might be an easier sell if #4 and #5 were resolved.

KuoH

Quote:

Originally posted by going2baja
3) Air filter box missing - looks like after market air filter
4) FWD light on dash
5) Check Engine light on dash
7) Some stickers on paint

going2baja 02-04-2005 03:41 PM

Re: Re: 97' SVX 99k - So Cal Must Sell Best Offer

Quote:

Originally posted by kuoh
Sounds like some kids tried to rice it up. It might be an easier sell if #4 and #5 were resolved.

KuoH

Have fixed both the items.

I can say from driving car that the engine runs great and the car handles very well. (But then again, I do drive the large truck shown in the picture - a WRX would be a rocket for me :D .)

alltrac 02-04-2005 06:56 PM

97 svx

Wow! someone sure did bastardize that poor SVX. WTF is up with the steering wheel? It looks like a idiot with some paint had fun.
I would offer $2000

Landshark 02-04-2005 07:00 PM

a '97 with a waterfall grille? :confused:

alltrac 02-04-2005 07:15 PM

fishy svx

Holy $hit batman I warned everybody about this POS before. Notice shelfy post about the vin# link How many more owners since May, 04?

kuoh 02-04-2005 07:18 PM

Looks like someone installed it on purpose. There are some people who like the look, like us 92 owners. ;) The rear seats, passenger airbag, door plate, and ODBII port are good evidence it is more likely a 97 with a 92 grill, rather then a 92 with a bunch of 97 upgrades.

KuoH

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
a '97 with a waterfall grille? :confused:

kuoh 02-04-2005 07:24 PM

Re: fishy svx

Granted this one isn't in the greatest of shape, but it's not the one you saw, the VIN is different.

KuoH

Quote:

Originally posted by alltrac
Holy $hit batman I warned everybody about this POS before. Notice shelfy post about the vin# link How many more owners since May, 04?

alltrac 02-04-2005 07:25 PM

Someone cant count

Ciscokid 02-04-2005 07:26 PM

Re: 97' SVX 99k - So Cal Must Sell Best Offer

Quote:

. She paid $9000 4 months ago (OUCH!!)

Yikes.....9,000??

Guess she didn't research much before buying huh??

Sorry to hear that and I hope she can get something decent for it, although I am in agreement with alltrac on the price being higher than I would pay. ($3000 wouldn't be too unreasonable)

alltrac 02-04-2005 07:26 PM

also. that car was manufactured only 8 after my polo green!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi - Polo Green Pearl - 11,468 mi - 09/1996 -

This car is #193

alltrac 02-04-2005 07:29 PM

it's the same car! come on I saw it on autotrader in southern Cali it's sill in Southern cali the mock light the vin. Jesus, do I have to show you the big tuna in the trunk too.

going2baja 02-04-2005 07:35 PM

Re: fishy svx

Quote:

Alltrac, not sure if I should say thanks or not for all the attention. Are you saying this is the "same" car as the one shown in your link? I'm helping my wifes assistant sell this car. Her son bought it from a used car lot in Vista, CA four months ago for $9500. Not sure how much the car has changed since the purchase. The mother wants to get the most possible $$ out of it to recoup her losses.

Please advise if this is the same vehicle, VIN and all.

Thanks, Tim.

kuoh 02-04-2005 07:40 PM

What's your point? The door plate pic says 9/96, which seems consistent with the claim that it's a 97. And the #193 serial seems to give creedence to the fact that it's a close cousin to his 97.

KuoH

Quote:

also. that car was manufactured only 8 after my polo green!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi - Polo Green Pearl - 11,468 mi - 09/1996 -

This car is #193

kuoh 02-04-2005 07:45 PM

Re: Re: fishy svx

There are quite a number of places on the car which will have the VIN. Look for stickers and stamped plates under the hood, trunk wall and lid, dash, and other hidden places that I can't think of right now. If they all match, it is very unlikely that the VIN has been altered. Realistically on this car, it's not worth the effort.

KuoH

Quote:

Please advise if this is the same vehicle, VIN and all.

alltrac 02-04-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

What's your point? The door plate pic says 9/96, which seems consistent with the claim that it's a 97. And the #193 serial seems to give creedence to the fact that it's a close cousin to his 97.

KuoH

My god! if you don't get it you never will. No point in trying to explain. going2baja it's the same car.

going2baja 02-04-2005 07:58 PM

kuoh 02-04-2005 08:08 PM

Well if you're not going to be clear about what you're wanting to say, what can we do except guess? There appeared to be some questions about the year of the car in the thread you linked, but are you trying to imply that it was wrecked just because of the grill and some gaps? I'm the first owner of my 92 and you wouldn't believe the size of the gap between the rear bumper and the body. Personally, if I had a newer model SVX and a spare 92 grille, I'd put it on. People can have different tastes.

KuoH

Quote:

My god! if you don't get it you never will. No point in trying to explain. going2baja it's the same car.

alltrac 02-04-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Wow, my wife thinks I'm fairly smart and now I'm FULLY confused!! Are you saying that you thinhk this car has been in one or more accidents and the VIN has been changed to keep the info off of CARFAX? It's dark now but I will check the VIN's on the doors, hood, and trunk in the morning.

I guess it is possible to have had a parted out car with the same VINS and swap them onto this other mystery car :confused:

The tell tale sign I would think would be the frame and the engine numbers.

By the way, what is the mock light or whatever that you've been talking about? I get that the current grill isn't for the 97' year. I'm assuming this was done before the kid bought it.

I think the best news would be to find out if it is possible that the vehicle had been altered and have the dealer who she bought it from buy the car back. If that could be done a case of your favorite brew to all that have helped break the case of the "Slippery SVX."

Thanks again for all the attention - I really do appreciate it!!

Tim.

Kuoh see what you started. Tim I never said anything about vin# being swaped it never even entered my mind. Don't let it enter yours. The only think I was trying to point out was this car is indeed a 97 #193 I had made a thread about it on 5-04 I never did put the vin# in the thread because at the time there was an active link on autotrader. Shelfy made a post that this particulair svx was produce 8 cars after his. He has a polo green 97 too #185 if you do the math take his#185+8 svx's later=193 the svx you are trying to sell. The 97 svx had a painted grill that matched the body color. 92-96 had a clear plastic grill mock light/water fall. The only concern I have is maybe prior front end damage, beside the check engine light and other cosmetic problems.

kuoh 02-04-2005 08:25 PM

Tweren't me who started this, as the second post in your link immediately questioned the validity of the VIN by challenging the model year. We know about the 92 grille, but as someone else in that thread also mentioned, "The grill is certainly a red flag for collision repair but could just as easily be a cosmetic upgrade from a previous owner who preferred that style. As far as the gaps in the body panels, how the heck can anyone judge anything from those pictures??"

Anyway, I'm NOT the one selling the car, but I'm not about to spread unsubstiantiated claims about it either unless there is real evidence. Give the guy a fair shot.

KuoH

Quote:

Kuoh see what you started.

alltrac 02-04-2005 08:40 PM

Quote:

Tweren't me who started this, as the second post in your link immediately questioned the validity of the VIN by challenging the model year.
Dude Kuoh can you read? my second post in the link say's
I checked the vin its a 97
where am I challenging the year? I never even questioned the vin# WTF kuoh are you talking about

Quote:

Anyway, I'm NOT the one selling the car, but I'm not about to spread unsubstiantiated claims about it either unless there is real evidence. Give the guy a fair shot.
All im saying is it's the same car. I never said it was in a wreck just to be informed it might have been. I never even questioned the year it was made or the vin. I suggest you buy some glasses and use them.

kuoh 02-04-2005 08:53 PM

Quote:

Dude Kuoh can you read? my second post in the link say's
I checked the vin its a 97
where am I challenging the year? I never even questioned the vin# WTF kuoh are you talking about

Dude, THE second post in your link: "BTW: I am pretty sure it is a 94 or 95. Mock light, Emerald Green paint. Not things on the '97" Then there are some discussions about the VIN and color availability. Like I said, if you're not going to be clear.

Quote:

All im saying is it's the same car. I never said it was in a wreck just to be informed it might have been. I never even questioned the year it was made or the vin. I suggest you buy some glasses and use them.
Great now you've made that clear, but still the claims are unsubstianted as was previously mentioned, "I think its hard to tell that given the quality of the pics. Things like gaps you really have to check out in person." Like I said, give the guy a chance. Oh, and you should probably take your own advice about the glasses as well.

KuoH

alltrac 02-04-2005 09:04 PM

Don't rag me for what someone else said about the year/color. Also if you kept reading 5th post down in the link I posted green1995svx confirmed it was a 97

So are agreeing now that it's the same car in the link I posted or are you still in denial about that?

kuoh 02-04-2005 09:16 PM

No, I'm not ragging you about what some one else said. I'm ragging you about not being clear in what you were trying to say and the fact that you're making serious claims about the car's condition without any real firsthand evidence. And yes, I realized later what you were implying about the VIN being 8 off, but it still has no bearing on your assumption of damage now or then.

About all we can really say is that she overpaid when she bought it 4 months ago and that it might have been driven hard either during or before the current ownership, as well as likely having engine and tranny issues of some sort. But I would stop well short of suggesting that it was involved in any sort of serious accident simply based on the 92 grille and a few pictures of questionable quality seemingly showing a body gap irregularity.

KuoH

Quote:

Don't rag me for what someone else said about the year/color. Also if you kept reading 5th post down in the link I posted green1995svx confirmed it was a 97

So are agreeing now that it's the same car in the link I posted or are you still in denial about that?

going2baja 02-04-2005 09:49 PM

If anyone reading this is STILL interested in this car, it IS for sale. You can contact me directly @ 760-613-9101

Thanks, Tim

Hohopirates 02-05-2005 07:41 AM

Bear auto

Hey Baja did you purchase the car from Bear or Diamond auto?

going2baja 02-05-2005 08:08 AM

Quote:

If anyone reading this is STILL interested in this car, it IS for sale. You can contact me directly @ 760-613-9101

Thanks, Tim

I didn't purchase the vehicle...but if it matters I can ask. Why? The sales guy really put it to the boy that bought it. He traded in a Mitsu Galant in GREAT shape just so he could get some $$ back in the deal. OUCH!! Leave it to say the kid has issues. His mom just wants to get back what she can from the bad purchase.

Hopefully some SVX collector will take the car for parts or project. As I said - the car RUNS GREAT!!

Tim.

lhopp77 02-05-2005 08:51 AM

Green?

If not green, I might be interested. Actually think I would much rather take my chances on this one that those that members talk about on here shooting nitro through the engine and putting miles on 1/4 at a time and running the Dragons breath or whatever it is. Can you imagine the real condition of many of the parts of those cars??

Are there more pics of this car? How can anyone see the real condition of the steering wheel?

Lee

going2baja 02-05-2005 09:15 AM

Re: Green?

Quote:

Originally posted by lhopp77

Are there more pics of this car? How can anyone see the real condition of the steering wheel?

Lee

Go to first post and there is a link there or look in my locker. I'll make the price right to make up for the green...:D

BTW - Alltrac/Kuoh not sure what to say...if this car does sell through this board I would be suprised. Alltrac I think you called the car a POS in your 1st post...thanks - NOT!! Kuoh, you feed his fire. Enjoy guys.....Out.

Motorsport-SVX 02-06-2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

Thanks, Tim

After seeing some of the handywork already done on the car
It sorta worried me to buy it. Although it is in my part of the
country.
I may call you Sun or Monday about it.
Does it have any aftermarket alarm or aftermarket electronic
gadgets installed on it or wired in ?
thanks
me

kuoh 02-06-2005 09:45 AM

Re: Re: Green?

Hey, we're not here to sell it for you. Granted Alltrac went overboard on his critique of the car's condition, but it still has it's share of problems, namely the tranny and engine lights, which are causes for concern for any knowledgeable buyer. Good luck with the sale regardless.

BTW: If you feel any of the posts are out of line or OT, hit the report to moderator button. Maybe he'll snip out all the irrelevant comments.

KuoH

Quote:

if this car does sell through this board I would be suprised. Alltrac I think you called the car a POS in your 1st post...thanks - NOT!! Kuoh, you feed his fire. Enjoy guys.....Out.

going2baja 02-06-2005 10:08 AM

None that I know of. Other than sunroof and passenger window, car is perfect electricly.

Tim.

going2baja 02-06-2005 10:11 AM

Re: Re: Re: Green?

Quote:

Granted Alltrac went overboard on his critique of the car's condition, but it still has it's share of problems, namely the tranny and engine lights, which are causes for concern for any knowledgeable buyer. Good luck with the sale regardless.

KuoH

All caution lights have been taken care of....Thanks to SVX Network!!!

Tim.

Motorsport-SVX 02-06-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

None that I know of. Other than sunroof and passenger window, car is perfect electricly.

Tim.

whats that thing stuck to the upper dash near the AC
controller ?

kuoh 02-06-2005 11:36 AM

It's a cellphone hanger.

KuoH

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX
controller ?

alltrac 02-06-2005 12:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Green?

Quote:

All caution lights have been taken care of....Thanks to SVX Network!!!

Tim.

So what caused the CEL to trigger? What was the fix to resolve the problem?

going2baja 02-06-2005 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

controller ?

Holder for cell phone...can be removed. Let me know if you would like a detailed picture of it.

Tim.

going2baja 02-06-2005 02:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Green?

Quote:

So what caused the CEL to trigger? What was the fix to resolve the problem?

Think it was triggered by the air filter. I removed and replaced it and the light went out. As for the FWD light - a SVX Network page said to check the fuse box and indeed there was a fuse locking the car in FWD. I'm guessing that was done for gas milage.

Tim